BBB Accredited Business since 01/19/2012

Gretna Auto Outlet

27 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 9 closed in last 12 months

06/07/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a truck from Gretna Auto and was promised a replacement rear seat would be installed. Three months later and I cannot get them to honor it
I purchased a truck from Gretna Auto in ****************. The truck is a ********************. The truck was missing a rear flip down seat, so I was told in the buyer's agreement that it would be replaced free of charge. It has now been three months, and they cannot find a seat. I went to a different ***** dealership to get a quote for a seat, and the total amount was around $*****. I called Gretna to let them know that I would be willing to work with this if they wanted to just pay me in cash instead of purchasing the whole seat. I asked for $*****. I never received a call back and had to call a number of times before anyone responded. After responding, they offered me $***, which was not acceptable. I told them at the time of sale that I only wanted the truck if the seat was going to be included and have paperwork to prove it. I have called over 10 times and been promised a call back, but I have never been called back. I am currently driving and making payments on a truck that I have paid for, but they have not held up their end of the agreement and are refusing to do so. I have to inquire and remind them multiple times per week of what needs to be done. I would be willing to settle for a payment of $***** at this point just to get the job done.

I would like Gretna Auto to refund me $***** to make this situation right. I have been given the run around and lied to multiple times, so I feel this is a very gracious amount considering the seat itself was quoted around $*****.

My name is ****** ******* the GM for Gretna Auto Outlet. I have talked to Mr. ***** a number of times in regard to this situation also my service tech by the name of *****. I informed Mr. ***** that we have been trying to find him one. We have called multiple places such as *** and ******** plus ***** dealerships. We have been informed that you can just order the jump seat that every single part has to be ordered down to the screws, Its a rare occasion when a manufacturer quits making a part. The best i can do is ****** I believe this is very reasonable. Thanks

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I cannot accept $*** because the seat itself is going to cost me a lot more than that to put in. Furthermore, I would not have purchased the truck had I known the seat was unavailable. I understand that you did not know it was unavailable either, but I feel that is something that is out of my control and I should not be held responsible for it. I have left numerous messages with no return phone calls and it has been over three months. I feel as though $***** is a very reasonable offer based on the cost of the seat, amount of time spent on my part, and the fact I was told I would have a seat. I know this is not the most convenient, but I do wish to make this right. I am also still waiting on a blinker switch to be replaced, which I was told at the time of sale that it would not be a problem either. I am already preparing myself to have to look for a seat myself and potentially purchase one from a ***** dealership, which I received a price quote of between $***** and $*****. I do not want to get an attorney involved, however I want to make sure that everything is made right in this situation. Thank you for your time.

I agree to this payment amount. I appreciate the work done with this by *** at Gretna Auto. Please send payment via check to the address included in the attached file. Thank you.

I have agreed to pay the customer ******* as he has asked for thanks *** ******* GM

04/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Requested refund on traded vehicle via email on **********. Received $****** on ***********, should be $*******.
*** Svc Agreement Number:***********. Traded ************** on ***********. Requested refund from *** on traded vehicle via email on **********. Received $****** on *********** from Gretna Auto Outlet, should be $*******. ************ stated refund consisted of % of amount used minus a $** processing fee minus any claims made. Paid $**** for warranty. 43% used ($*******) - $** (processing fee) - $****** (claim total) = $******* refund. Rec'vd check from Gretna Auto Outlet on *********** for $******. Contacted "******" at Gretna Auto Outlet and told her the payment was supposed to be more. She stated she pays out only what *** tells her. Contacted *** and they stated they pay only what they receive, dealership is responsible for remainder. Both firms are complicit and I got the "run around". A separate BBB complaint mirroring this will is filed against ************.

Refund remaining $****** due to me no later than **********. I will seek legal recourse at that point if not refunded.

Ms. *****,

The issue has been resolved, Gretna Auto Outlet/Blair Auto Mall did not give ************ the correct price paid for the extended warranty.

I recommend that Gretna Auto Outlet/Blair Auto Mall be audited for possible fraudulent book keeping, because more incidents of "incorrect" reporting of sales probably have taken place.

In any case, it is a shame that I had to threaten legal action and file BBB complaints to get results.

**** ******

04/29/2016Problems with Product / Service
06/03/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased a used ****** with issues that were advertised as working, but are not. Additional issues with vehicle that need repair
Purchased a ****** on *********, after business hours. Gretna would not deal on the purchase price, but did agree to offer $****** additional for our trade and waive the $****** documentation fee, yet with the trade in and the cash paid, we were still above the listed price on the car. During the test drive, we were unable to start the car, the ignition was sticking. The sales person started the car for us. We were allowed to drive the car about a block and then asked to return to the dealer to complete the paperwork. During the test drive, the tire sensor was illuminated. When asked if someone could look at the tires, we were informed the mechanics had gone home. We also mentioned the need for new tires. Gretna advised us to contact them on ********* and they would give us tires at cost for them. After the papers were signed, we left the dealership. My husband was given one key, with a broken remote that was not working for keyless entry. He too was unable to start the car without making numerous attempts. The ignition in the car needs replaced. We fixed the remote with a new battery and superglue. The car was released to us with less than a quarter of a tank of gas. We ended up purchasing tires at our own expense. At the time the tires were mounted, we were informed that 3 of the 4 tire sensors were bad. We were also informed that the brakes on the car were in need of being replaced. The coolant and brake fluid levels were both low. The ADVERTISED heated seat and heated steering wheel do not work. The speakers in the car for the sound system are blown. When you turn up the stereo, it results in a crackling sound. There is a loud thump when accelerating from a stop and a shaking when stopping the car. I contacted Gretna who asked that I take the car to their mechanic. I scheduled an appointment with them on Monday, *********. Driving 45 minutes from my home, I dropped the car off at 8:00 AM, and then had to borrow a car for the day. The mechanic never contacted me to discuss the evaluation. I contacted them at 12:30, asking the progress. I was told they were contacting Gretna and that was all the information I was given. Again I called at 3:00 and was informed they would call me back. At 3:40 I contacted them again and they told me the car would be done at 5:00pm. Driving 45 minutes with another person to pick up my car, I was informed that only the sensors were fixed. I was given estimates on my heated seat, not steering wheel and an estimate for brakes and rotors for the rear of my car. The mechanic told me that there were issues with the car, but Gretna would only approve the payment for sensors. We have driven the car less than 100 miles and have found these issues. Who knows how many more will be found and refused to be rectified by Gretna.

I would like for Gretna to replace the ignition, brakes and heated seat and steering wheel. I understand that buying a used car is a risk, however, you do not allow someone to drive away with unsafe brakes. Additionally, do you advertise heated seats and steering, knowing that they do not work??!!! I would not recommend Gretna to any other person looking for a used car. I will also continue my complaint with other agencies.

My name is ****** ******* I'm the GM for Gretna Auto. In regards to the consumers complaint I looked up all their paperwork on this deal. We have a delivery confirmation and there is nothing on the we owe from the customer and they signed off. Also the consumer was offered extended service and they also declined that. In good faith I did pay to have the sensors repaired. A lot of time those sensors break when you put new tires on a vehicle. If needed I have all the paperwork and signatures if they are needed for you.

Consumer Response /* (***0, 7, 2016/05/11) */
They knew the sensors were bad as it was mentioned when the deal was in progress. Additionally the lift gate broke the day after the original complaint was filed.'Quotes to repair are between $*** and $***. Nothing else has been addressed. No additional money should be owed as we overpaid the sticker price. I feel we were totally ripped off and given a "lemon" of a deal with everything that was in need of repair that was and has not been acknowledged at the time of sale. Gretna was not honest with advertising.

06/03/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a vehical from Gretna AUto Outlet, and before I got it home (<10 Miles), the check engine light came on, the seller has refused to repair.
We bought the ******* in ********** on SATURDAY, and prior to getting it to our home on ******* (<15 miles), the check engine light came on.

I read the engine code with my code reading tools and found to be "*****", basically a timing issue.

Internet search found :: "You are looking at a complete engine tear down, most likely to find at least a worn primary chain. and probably some worn guides and secondary chains.".

Came to the dealer the next morning (SUNDAY), expressed my concerns about an ~ **** repair bill on a car that I had put less than 15 miles on.

MONDAY *** directed us to take the auto to ***************** in *********. We got an appointment for that Friday.

The check engine light goes on and off intermittently the next few days.....

FRIDAY The check engine light is off when we drop it off and they can find nothing wrong, they suggest the codes were related to emissions and loose gas cap may have been the issue. The check engine light returned the next day. The code was ***** again.

Ran the vehicle through tanks of gas, each time carefully checking the fuel cap. Checked the cap each time we got in the vehicle, still getting the on and off engine trouble light. (2 -3 Weeks)

(*******) MONDAY Took the vehicle to our mechanic (***********************)had it fully serviced and the check engine light looked into. He reset the codes, did the service and when he test drove the auto after servicing the ***** / ***** codes came back in. He diagnosed stretched timing belt, (common in the **************) and estimated ****-**** to remove the engine and replace the Belt.

Talked to *** and took the vehicle back to *******, they said they wanted to clear the codes so they could document the issue. My wife then kept a log as to when the check engine light when on and off for several weeks.

Last Friday we took it back to *******, and now they confirm the timing issues and the cost to fix.

Repair the cause of the check engine light

My name is ****** ******* the GM for Gretna Auto Outlet. In regards to this complaint the customer was offered a extended service on this vehicle. I believe also the owner ***** ***** also talked to the customer about a extended service and they declined with him also. Unfortunately on used vehicles we can't predict when something goes wrong with them. I can have them take it to ******** and they can get it fixed for less money then their mechanic. Thanks ***

I understand the "as is" clause of the contract, and I understand that I legally probably have no recourse, however. I contend that the dealer has more responsibility than to buy the car at auction, reset the engine codes, mark up the price, and sell the car to the first unsuspecting victim that drives it. I did not get the car home from the dealer when a multiple thousand dollar repair was indicated by the check engine light. Then after 2 months of "troubleshooting" and multiple days of no vehicle and multiple days of taken vacation, the problem is exactly what the codes read when I parked it in my driveway after picking it up at the dealer. I did not purchase the extended warranty from the dealer as I intended on purchasing my own vehicle warranty, this is made impossible by the preexisting condition of the car.

I had the same sort of circumstance occur when I purchase a vehicle from ************** in ***** in ****. ********* fixed all the engine codes at no cost to me, and also gave me rides to and from work so I didn't miss work or take vacation. This is the treatment reputable dealers provide to their customers.

05/13/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Sales told me that they would fix all dents and scratches on truck. Every time i call them they say they will pull my file and call back but never do.
Dents in truck scratchs everywhere paint missing under doortruck wasnt under coated like they said

I want the scratches fix paint fixed under coated

My name is ****** ******* the GM for Gretna Auto Outlet. In regards to ******* **** on our delivery confirmation and we owe he was promised a full detail and clear check engine light and nothing else was promised. ******* also signed this delivery confirmation. Also he had a problem with a battery and we paid for that also even though it wasn't on a we owe. Gretna Auto has done everything that was promised on the delivery confirmation. If copy is needed I can send you one

04/08/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bought ******************* with bad transmission and a promise of a vehicle warranty. Seller refused to take vehicle back unless I traded.
On ***********, *********** sold me a ******************* for approximately $****** and about 90,000 miles. *** assured me that the truck was looked over at one of Gretna Auto Mechanic shops with no motor/transmission problems. I purchased the truck for about $****** with a 3 year 50K warranty. I financed with ************************* and drove away that same day. A few days later, ***, the finance manager from Gretna Auto Outlet, called me and told me to come in to talk about an error on purchasing the vehicle. He said that ************ would not accept the pre-approved loan check due to the warranty increasing the value of the truck. *** and I agreed to take the warranty off the truck to bring the value to $****** with no option to lower the buying cost of the truck. *** then promised he will be able to set me up with a warranty, but I was never given one. *** stated the new program will take an unknown amount of time to process. I then left the dealership concerned. On ************* I observed my O/D Off light come on followed by the transmission temperature light come on. I then took it to ***************** in ******** to have the truck looked at. They quoted me $***** worth of repairs involving replacing the torque converter and cooling fan clutch motor on the transmission. I notified *** about the issue and he stated to bring it in. However, there was no update on the warranty. On ******** I took the truck in and met with ***. ***** manager initially stated that the he will NOT buy a truck with a bad transmission. I stated that this is unacceptable due to me not having the vehicle long enough to make a first payment on it. Shortly after, *** offered a trade in value of $***** and rolling negative equity to a new purchase. I felt that offer still would not work. *** stated that I would be better off paying for the repairs myself and then trading it in to raise the trade-in value. I was at a loss for words. I felt like I was misled and was sold a truck with a bad transmission. The truck is currently in the shop to be repaired. I am very displeased with the way I was treated by Gretna Auto Management; however I feel that *** was just trying to do his job. I still have not received any warranty and feel like it won't happen. I'm concerned about how their mechanic's work if they can't properly check a transmission. I just hope that this isn't happening to anyone else and if I do trade this truck in rightfully, that nobody gets it unless it is properly looked at and they don't have to go through this like me.

I am seeking full refund or for Gretna Auto Outlet to conduct a trade involving zero negative equity on a different truck of greater value with a warranty included in with deal. I want to work with Gretna Auto Outlet and will not be taken advantage of again.

My name is *********** the GM for Gretna Auto Outlet. In regards to the complaint of Mr. *****. The customer did want to buy a service protection but his lender wouldn't allow it. We can still offer it but the customer has to pay cash for it at the time of the purchase. As with all vehicles they are sold as is. This is the reason we offer service protections. Unfortunately we aren't able to stick our head inside of a vehicle and know when something might go out. Also after a customer leaves we don't know how the customer treats there vehicle that's why they have to be purchased at the time of the sale. His option of fixing himself is better then trying to trade the vehicle in.

01/25/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

They had a busk maimer that had a contest attached, Said i won $***** and that no purchase required,
However when I went to the dealership to collect my $**** they had me fill out a standard contact card, and after that was done I did indicate that i was not in the market for a car, I only "won" a $* gift card. I believe this to be not only false advertising, but Mail fraud as well.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
Case is being handled by another organization: Sent to the ** attorney General

I would like to see them honor the contest they put out, or retract their mailers, It is indicative of totally deceptive business practices on their part.

My name is ****** ******* and I'm the GM for Gretna Auto Outlet. In the complaint the customer states that they $******* no where does it say they won a dollar amount it shows matching numbers of **** with no dollar signs. Also it states that they have won 1 of the 5 gifts. The whole advertisement on the mailer is about selling cars. Thanks

Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Financing, Loans, Financing Consultants