In 45 counties of Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky

Reda Home Builders, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

06/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of repair

Complaint: We have had multiple leaks in our house which has resulted in damage to the interior which has not been fixed in 3 months along with other repairs.
We have multiple leaks in our house, the leaks themselves have been fixed, however, the resulting interior damage has yet to be repaired 3 months later for the major damage, and 6 months for the more minor damage. Phone calls and e-mails go unreturned. Randomly strange men will show up at the door saying they are here to do warranty work, but nothing gets finished, and they don't keep appointments. On several occasions I have made appointments to get things repaired, just to wait around all day (and cancel appointments) and have nobody show up or call. We have a list of repairs that needed to be fixed when we moved in last July that still have not been addressed. I was told by one "repair man" that we need to wait until our 1 year walk-through to have those repairs addressed.

Reda Home Builders is in the process of fixing the repair problems caused by a roof leak. The customer had a roof leak that took a few return trips to the home to repair. There were not multiple leaks, but only one leak. Reda Home Builders was not sure if the leak was fixed until after a heavy rain. We brought fire hoses over to the home to see if there was still a leak, but could not tell until after the heavy rain. Once we knew that the leak was fully repaired with no further leaking, there were several attempts made to repair the inside of the home. Our warranty department tried contacting the home owner, and we also went to the residence to try and complete the repairs. The repair companies were unable to get a response by phone, and were sent away. Items from the leak were completed last week except some drywall which has to be completed in multiple stages due to drying time. The appointment is set for today to finish the drywall. Once that dries, a painter is set to finish up.

As for the other items the home owner is referring to, no list of repairs has been sent to the Warranty Department. We have multiple ways to receive repair requests. There is a warranty request contact email at myredahome@gmail.com. There is a link on our website (www.redahomebuilders.com) to send a request if the home owner does not have the email address. There is also a warranty request phone number to leave a message for a request at 931-444-6067. This way we have record of what the customer is asking to be repaired. None of these steps have been done by the home owner. If a list of repairs was given to a repair person that came to the house, this is not the proper way to submit a repair request to Reda Home Builders. There would be no way for us to know what they need done if any other action was taken except for the above request portals.

I would have been happy to show the mud on the bedding and luggage to the worker if he had bothered to come back and see it. I called him immediately after they left and I noticed it. I had made it clear to the repairman that I would be on vacation and access to the house would be limited to after my return. Leaving one message on my door while I'm out of state doesn't seem to me to be "multiple attempts" when they have my phone number for contacting me. We have never turned workers away despite what the builder says. In fact, on three different occasions I cleared my calendar to be present for workers to come (as they scheduled with me) only to have them never show up. The builder has also failed to address that we had multiple leaks...one due to the roof and one from the bathroom upstairs that required fixing. He denies multiple leaks, but has not once been here to evaluate issues himself or made contact to address issues. All of his information is third party and I can assure you, ours is first hand. Builder sent a painter out to finish repairs, and when the painter said the corrective repair was unacceptable and repaired incorrectly, the response I got from his "lead" repairman was that the painter was "stupid." As wall was not repaired for 3-4 months from the roof and nearly 6 months for the ceiling in the kitchen, we worry about the issue of mold or damage that is not just strictly superficial damage. The builder has repaired superficial issues at this time. I am utterly appalled at the lack of responsibility the builder has taken to repair issues that would have never existed should the job had been done right the first time. An apology would go a long way, especially since he has now made false statements and still has not made any attempt to contact us directly...instead sending multiple "middle men" and never addressing the issue himself. As our warranty will be up in a few months and only superficial repairs have been made, we anticipate further issues to arise from a job done without proper care that I'm sure the builder will not be willing to repair. I will be contacting an inspector to review the house before our warranty expires and a copy will be sent to the VA. I do not trust that Reda homes stands by their work or strives to maintain quality products.

we now been able to take care of all items affected by the leak in the roof. now that the home owner contacted us back after many attempts to contact them including leaving letters at there home we were able to finish our work. its unfortunate you had to be contacted about this matter since we were trying to get it resolved already. it is very hard to do when its not easy contacting the home owner to get into the home.
as far as the mud on there items, we wrapped everything in plastic and there was no mud when the workers left on anything. items the customers are saying had mud on them, if there was, should not have been left in areas that work was being done. we do not believe our workers were responsible for this. we had our head guy at the home owners house during the process and like i said there was plastic put up.
if there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

06/18/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised written warranty or guarantee

Complaint: redahomebuilders failure to honor and complete reapairs on automatic sprinkler system that was incompletely/incorrectly installed; closing was 3/9/13.
inproperly installation of automatic sprinkler system has yet to be repaired.
Problem Date: 9 March 2013
Purchase Date: 9 March 2013
Model: Rainbyrd sprinkler system
product was a part of the contract with the purchase of new home.
I have been in contract with the prime contractor only to no resolve. The information apparently is being twisted when received from redaholmebuilders sub-contractor. The sub-contractor added another zone to the flower bed under the original warranty action he was working as if he was suppose to have done it initially.

Reda home builders has completed the sprinkler system. We have documentation signed by the buyer at closing and messages stating that everything was taken care of. The home owner went to the subcontractor himself, not through reda homes to have work done. We would not have allowed the subcontractor to add anything to the sprinkler system. As he has stated he went directly to the sub and the sub added things to his home. This was not warrantied through reda homes. We had no knowledge any of this was taking place. He never made appointments through reda homes. (As stated in his complaint). This is a complaint that needed to be on the business he was dealing with himself not on reda homes. It is not right for reda homes to be responsible for a homeowner taking things upon themselves and not being able to get another company to finish there work.

This response is inaccurate and simply not true. I submitted a warranty to Reda Home Builders and to the agent as well. I am able to provide you correspondence requesting action to correct the deficiency to correct issue with my sprinkler system. I even have videos to show where the contractor who was working for Reda Home Builders had to bore under concrete and relocate and wire the control box used for operating the system automatic. The portion where Reda keep mentioning doesn't have anything to do with what I submitted as a warranty. Again, I am prepared to present video

Everything on this property was taken care of. We did not get a service request until after the home owner took it upon himself to have things added to his system without us and could not get the sub contracted out there to finish it. We already provided the paperwork signed by the home owner that everything was done on the home at closing. The pipe was something that happened to one sprinkler head that went under the concrete that he has pictures of, and that was taken care of right away.
There should be nothing else that needs to be repaired to his system.

05/02/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues