BBB Accredited Business since 06/10/2003

Bailey Brothers Music Company

03/27/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company would not honor refund as stated on their receipt
Company stated that because I had returned an item in the pas that they would not honor the return policy as clearly stated on their receipt.

$200.79
Product cost of 101.79 + $100.00 travel reimbursement from 2 hours away.

This customer has been informed by the CFO of the business that we will no longer allow him to refund products several months before this sale was attempted to be returned. . He has taken advantage of the policy and was warned that he can no longer return purchases . This customer has such a bad attitude no one that works here wants to wait on him which is crazy because all sales people are paid on commission. For example he has come in our 280 location looking for a product he claims to have discussed the pros and cons of the product and it was going to be at the front counter for him to pick up. He tells what the product is and we do not have it at our store. My most well liked salesperson waited on him and the customer got mad at him when he ask if he might have called our Southside store. The sales person called our other location and spoke with the person he spoke with and stated it was at the counter waiting on the customer. the customer was informed and got mad at my sales person about his mistake.

We have allowed him to return product that was outside our return policy 3 times trying to take care of this customer.

I am sad to say If he does not come in the store I think we will all be better off. In this day and age with business as tough as it is we try to keep and make every customer we can.
Our business is strong for us and 3 things make that happen Great Brands, Great Salespeople and Great Customer Service.
Which is in our catch phrase
Where you are the STAR!
A copy of Our return policy is below please see the bold

You have 14 days to exchange/return your purchase if the item is in new condition and has all it's original packing material.

All returns over $100 will have a 15% restocking fee and require original receipt.

Please allow up to 15 business days for all refunds on purchases made by check.

No returns/exchanges on service parts (tubes, etc...), used merchandise, copywritten material (books, CD's, DVD's, software etc...) and all mouth/ear-related instruments/accessories.

All returns and restocking fees are subject to our discretion.

Thanks for shopping at Bailey Brothers Music Company... Where you are the STAR!

**** ******
Bailey Brothers Music

The response of this business is full of mis- information and half truths. I checked my records and found I have spend over $900.00 with this store in the past 15 months. I have never had any problem with any store employee in the past. The store response in this matter just is not true. The return issued in question is based on an item that went defective after about 30 days. Due to the fact I live over 2 hours away, I was not able to effect an immediate return. I have never been told that I would not be able to return an item. This last item was returned in 6 days from date of purchase. I realized it just didn't fit my needs. That is why a store has a return policy. The sales receipt plainly has a 14 day return policy without any conditions. The store refused this policy as clearly stated on their receipt. Again, I was never informed that returns would not be accepted from me. Looks like a clear case of discrimination to me. I guess they needed that $100 more than I did. This store will not have to worry about me ever again, because I WILL NOT BE BACK.

I will address his comments in the order that he has stated them. He has made 7 purchases over 100 dollars. Of those 7 purchases, 4 were returned. We are happy to exchange defective products for our customers. In fact we often do this OUTSIDE our stated return policy depending on the situation. We would have been happy to exchange this product for the customer had been able to duplicate the problem. The sales person suggested a few things he could check to resolve his problem, but the customer only wanted to return it. He was not allowed to return any more items as he had been informed when returning his previous purchase. After Mr. ********'s last return, it had gotten to the point that none of our 3 guitar sales people want to wait on him. We recently hired a new salesperson. He initially showed excitement to be given *** as his customer. After this attempted return and Mr. ********'s continual mistreatment him and our new salesperson and the rest of our staff, the new salesperson no longer wants to wait on him either. My counter staff feels the same way. In the past, 2 of his returns were purchases that were past our return policy's time limit, yet we allowed him return the product(s) anyway. When confronted about these returns Mr. ******** falsely claimed prior purchases/returns on his account were not made by him. My staff distinctly remembers him making these purchases and returns. After his last return, **** ******, the owner of the company, and **** ****** the CFO, both informed him that due to these discrepancies he would not be allowed to make returns in the future. In the last 12 months we have allowed over one thousand returns between 4 locations. We go above and beyond in an attempt to take care of our customers. We have built our reputation and our business on our customer service. Unfortunately, in the current business climate, I simply cannot afford to be taken advantage of by a customer that has continually had impassioned disagreements with my staff, spoken to them rudely and disrespectfully, and discussed potential legal action with them. We have tried to be clear yet respectful with him, his purchases, his returns, and our policies related to them. In addition to my staff explaining our policies to Mr. ******** verbally, it is also printed on the bottom of every one of our receipts. I hate to lose a customer, but I wish Mr. ******** well in his musical career. As for Mr. ********'s accusations of discrimination, I am unsure which class of people he believes is being discriminated against. I can assure you that discrimination in any form is not tolerated at ****** Brothers Music.

Musical Instruments - Dealers, Music Instruction - Instrumental, Audio-Visual Equipment - Rent & Lease, Audio-Visual Consultants, Musical Instruments - Supplies & Accessories, Musical Instruments - Repair, Musical Instruments - Rental