BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/1972

Cook's Pest Control, Inc.

05/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I contacted Cook's Pest Control on two different occasions about coming to respray our houses. Both times they said that they would, but they didn't.
It was recommended to us by a former pest control specialist that we have our house sprayed two times a year for bugs. He said that should take care of most of our bug problems. We were very clear with Cook's that we wanted to try a one time spray first. They were very persistent in trying to get us to have a contract with them to treat our house on a monthly basis, but it would cost less to have our house sprayed once or twice a year than to have it sprayed on a monthly basis. They agreed to do a one time spray for us.

We paid Cook's $199 to come to our house and spray for bugs. A week after they sprayed, we still had a huge ant problem, so we asked them to come out and spray again, which they did. When a few days later, we still had an ant problem, I contacted them to spray again, and they said they would. That has been about 3 weeks ago, and, they have not contacted me about coming to our house to spray, so I'm assuming they were just making an empty promise.

We also have rental property that we paid an additional $199 for them to spray. In a matter of a few days, our tenants complained of having more ants than at first. Since then, I contacted Cook's twice asking them to respray the property. Both times they said they would, but they have never gotten back with me about respraying. It has been about 4 weeks now, so I'm assuming they are not coming. What kind of business treats its' customers this way?

I have two issues with Cook's. The first is, Cook's is supposed to be a specialist in treating property for bugs. If this were the case, it would seem that they would be able to get rid of the bug problems at our house and rental property at least for a few weeks, but both properties still had huge ant problems after a matter of days after spraying them. One would have to question Cook's intent. Were they intentionally doing a less than superior job because they wanted us to have a contract with them to spray more frequently, or are they simply not able to get rid of an ant problem for a few weeks. They have a 100% failure rate in our case. Two houses have been sprayed, and both houses still have major ant problems.

My second complaint with Cook's is that they said they would come and spray our house a third time, but failed to do so, and they said on two different occasions they would spray our rental property a second time, but have never come out again. Cook's simply has not kept its' word.

I would not recommend Cook's Pest Control to anyone and plan to never use them again.

A refund of what we paid - $398.00.

This service was a one time service as requested by Mrs. ******. It was explained to Mrs. ******, and is also stated on the agreement that there is no provisions for return services. We did provide additional service at no charge. That was still not satisfactory. However, Cook's Pest Control strives to satisfy their customers, therefore we will refund Mrs. ****** the $398.00 she requested.

Cook's Pest Control did come and spray one of the houses a second time. However, after still having a huge ant problem a few days later, I contacted them again and asked them to spray again, which they said they would. After 3-4 weeks of not hearing from them, I filed a complaint with BBB. In a week, Cook's called me several times in one day. If they were so intent on satisfying their customers, why did they not try to set up a time to spray the houses again, as they said they would?
Cook's Pest Control also sprayed our rental property for ants. After having an even larger ant problem than before, I contacted Cook's asking them to spray it again, which they said they would. After not hearing from them about it for 1-2 weeks, I called and talked to a manager, and he said that they would have someone come out and spray the house again. They never let me know when would be a good time for them to spray the house; they never even contacted me!

04/29/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

The company wants to charge me to cancel contract after service did not work.
I contracted with Cook's Pest Control due to a pest problem. I paid for one year in advance. After 6 months of service, I didn't see any marked difference in the pest problem. I had repeated requests in in-home visit from my field rep, but it never happened. I called Cook's on March 23 to cancel and was told the cancel was being processed and a refund processed. I called again 04/23/14, to check the status of my refund. I was told that not only had the cancellation not been processed, but that I would be charged half the remaining balance to cancel. When I mentioned that the services had not worked, I was basically blamed for dealing with my field rep instead of calling into the main office. When I mentioned that the field rep failed to do as I asked, again I was blamed and told I should have called into the office. The services did not work. I should not be held responsible for employees not doing their jobs.

I simply want a refund of my remaining charges in full and the contract canceled.

Our pest department manager, *** ***** spoke with Mr. ****** today, 4/28/14. Mr. ****** stated that our technician went above and beyond his expectations to take care of the problems they had.

Mr. ****** said that his wife was supposed to contact the Chattanooga BBB and cancel the complaint. Please let me know if you need anything else to resolve this issue.

***** *********