BBB Accredited Business since 08/16/2002

Park Ford

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/04/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Oct 2011 we purchased 2 vehicles from PF.
Neither currently run and both have had problems running since purchase. Neither were acceptable for sale.
2005 Ford Taurus has been towed 5 times. We have paid for diagnostic testing 4 times. We have replaced the transmission. We have replaced the AC compressor. We are currently replacing the alternator. Countless hours, approximately $3000 and missed days of work have been spent on the car. Although it was purchased in October of 2011, the car has been running daily since the title was transferred to my fiancee's name less that's three months ago. While dormant, the car was driven two to three times a week to ensure it did not sit unused in my enclosed, attached garage.
I understand these problems qualify as normal wear and tear on a car, I certainly would not expect this amount and severity of service needed in just three months of driving or in one year of purchase. I do not feel a vehicle with these immediate problems should have been for resale on the Park Ford lot.

At the same time, a 2003 Ford Ranger was purchased for my brother. He has been unable to drive the car without use of jumper cables, towing service, and stalling each and every time the car has been used. It has been sitting, unable to be started, for months now. The batteries have been replaced, smaller parts and services (vacuum seal, vacuum sensor) have been purchased in hopes of repairing the truck. This is his first vehicle and he has been unable to use it without problems and being stranded. It is simply unsafe for him to use alone. He currently drives a borrowed car purchased from another dealer for transportation.

Again, I understand these problems may be par for the course for some, but to my understanding, vehicles should undergo a battery of testing before being resold and both of these vehicles, purchased in the same month, from the same dealership, from the same salesman, are Unacceptable for Resale.

I would like the current value of these vehicles to be applied to the purchase of suitable vehicles. My grandmother allocated funds for both my brother and myself in her estate to purchase us reliable vehicles. These have been anything but.
I expect a response, some remorse for having sold two vehicles to the same family that are obviously nothing but endless pits of problems requiring half the cost of the vehicles to fix!!
I'd like these vehicles to be certified safe and appropriate for sale. I'd like an included warranty to ensure we are not losing further time, money, and peace of mind.

If I may withdraw this complaint, please terminate my claim.
All issues with this dealership have been solved and very competently so.
All issues were unfortunately a family misunderstanding and not in any way fault of Park Ford.
Thank you!

06/17/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
11/15/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Dealers - Used Cars