BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company specializes in new sprinkler systems, design and installation, sprinkler system repair, drainage systems and complete lawn care.
On 4/24/2014 this business's accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to its failure to adhere to the BBB requirement that Accredited Businesses meet and abide by the following standards:
- 5A. Fulfill contracts signed and agreements reached.
- 6A. Promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB by:
- Resolving the complaint directly with the complainant and notifying BBB, or
- Providing BBB with a response that BBB determines:
- is professional,
- addresses all of the issues raised by the complainant,
- includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and
- explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
- 6B. Make a good faith effort to resolve disputes, which includes mediation if requested by BBB. Other dispute resolution options, including arbitration, may be recommended by BBB when other efforts to resolve a dispute have failed. BBB may consider a business' willingness to participate in recommended dispute resolution options in determining compliance with these standards.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for James Irrigation include:
- 1 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
- Failure to honor commitment to arbitrate or mediate disputes
Factors that raised the rating for James Irrigation include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
The company refused to mediate or arbitrate. While this company is currently an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau, the company has refused to mediate or arbitrate a complaint brought to its attention by the bureau. Accredited Business’s must mediate and/or arbitrate unresolved complaints when requested by the Bureau. The Bureau has notified the company that its status at the BBB will be revoked if the complaint(s) is not answered.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Business ManagementMr. Neil J. James, Owner