BBB Accredited Business since 07/10/2006

Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino in Fife

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

03/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Checked in at 4:00pm and my room had already been given to someone else. I reserved a King/Smoking room with a dog preference. By the time I had gotten there, my room had been given to someone else and I had to take a two queen room. Bought a package deal for Valentine's Day that included the room and two buffet dinners for $120.00. The rooms were filthy and within the hour both of us were not feeling well in the room. We couldn't open the windows to get any air in the room and it stunk terribly. Housekeeping left dirty rags in the room and it was unclean and stunk. When I called the front desk after an hour to complain about the room I was told that I would not be refunded my money because there was a 24 hour cancellation policy. Obviously I would have no idea that the rooms were disgusting 24 hours prior. However two managers seemed unconcerned with my complaint and refused to refund me my money. We checked out by 5:30 - we were not even in the room for an hour. We decided to go and get our buffet dinner since we had to pay regardless and were told by casino staff that it was a three hour wait to get into the buffet, even though we had already purchased the dinner - we were unable to cash in those vouchers because we had a concert to attend at Emerald Queen by 8:30 and we didn't have time to wait in line for three hours. So, we didn't get to stay in our room, nor did we get our buffet dinner. So, I basically spent $120.00 for nothing that I actually received.

I want my $120.00 dollars back! The casino needs to do some serious work to their rooms - they stink and you can't even open the windows - in smoking rooms - more than an inch.

Our Valentine's Day Packages included one hotel night stay and one Dinner for Two at the guest's choice of two buffets on the night of the ticketed event for which the package was purchased. Disclaimer on the Buffet certificate in Valentine's Day Package stated that there were no reservations and stated that guests should be prepared as wait times would vary.

Per our Hotel Manager, the King room reserved was held for the guest. Guest showed up with a dog, and King room is not pet friendly. Accommodations for the pet had to be made, and guest was transferred to 2 Queen room.

No complaint of room cleanliness or state of dissatisfaction was made after check-in or upon check-out. Hotel Manager had to call and inform guest that smoking marijuana on casino property was illegal, and only after this conversation did the guest choose to leave, checking out a little before 10pm.

At least I am getting SOME of my money back. I have filed complaints with the Tribal Authority regarding cleanliness and the hazards I witnessed at the actual concert event. So, I hope to seek resolution on those issues as well. I will NOT however, go back to EQC to stay in their hotel, nor will the company EVER get good reviews from me.

Our guest has been sent a Dinner for Two certificate.

02/15/2013Problems with Product / Service