In West Florida

BBB Accredited Business since 08/14/2007

Angela's Marble & Tile of FT. Myers, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

02/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit

Complaint: REFUND REQUESTED NOVEMBER 19, 2013. THEY RESPONDED JANUARY 10, 2014 AND STATED THEY WOULD CREDIT MASTER CARD. JANUARY 19, 2014. STILL NO REFUND.
SHOWED CLERK MEASUREMENTS WITH TILE DESCRIPTION OF IMPERVIOUS.I REQUESTED IMPERVIOUS TILE BECAUSE IT IS FOR A SHOWER WALL AND HIGH WATER EXPOSURE. I WAS SOLD LOW GRADE POROUS TILE THAT DOES NOT MEET CODE FOR RESIDENTIAL SHOWER WALL. JAMO MASTIC 440 3.5 GAL. WILL NOT HOLD THE TILE ACCORDING TO NATIONAL TILE ASSOC. THEY DECLARED IT AS DANGEROUS AND NOT FOR THAT USE. CLERK CHARGED 12 SQ FT OF MOSAIC MIRROR TILE FRO TRIM RATHER THAN 3 SQ FT EVEN THO I GAVE A PAPER WITH DRAWING. THEY AGREED TO REFUND AOBUT $368 OUT OF $517.15 THO PRODUCTS WERE NEVER TAKEN FROM STORE. I WAS SOLD ITEMS THAT DIDNT MEET CODE, AMOUNTS OF TILE I DIDNT NEED AND MASTIC THAT IS NOT MEANT FOR SUCH USE. I AM CHARGED FOR RESTOCK EVEN FOR ITEMS THEY CLEARLY MISREPRESENTED AND OVER SIZED ORDER. CLERK SAID I COULDNT REVIEW INVOICE UNTIL I SIGNED. TILE GUY WAS WAITING SO I SIGNED. AFTER SEEING THE MISTAKES I LEFT THE ITEMS IN STORE AND WENT TO ANOTHER STORE TO BUY PROPER GRADE TILE AND ADHESIVE. THE TILE DOES NOT MEET INDUSTRY STANDARDS, THE MASTIC DOES NOT MEET STANDARDS TO HOLD 10 BY 16" TILE, THE NATIONAL INDUSTRY SAID TO USE THE MASTIC AND TILE IN THE BATHROOM COULD BE DEADLY. AFTER WAITING 60 DAYS I STILL HAVE NO REFUND. THE INVOICE I SIGNED IS NOT FOR THE BUSINESS IDENTIFIED AS ANGELAS MARBLE AND TILE. THIS APPEARS SUSPECT. CLERK SELECTED THE MASTIC 440 AS WHAT WAS NEEDED. CLERK CLACULATED 3" OF TRIM TO BE 12". THESE GIMICKS ACCOUNT FOR HUGE RESTOCK CHARGES. HOMEOWNER SAFETY ISSUES IN QUALITY. COMPANY THAT PRODUCES MASTIC 440 SAID IT SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR THE TILE THEY SOLD WITH IT. SAID TILE WOULD FALL FROM WALL AND COULD BE DEADLY. I REQUESTED A REFUND IN PERSON NOVEMBER 19, 2013. MADE MORE THAN 7 PHONE CALLS AFTER 30 DAYS. MY DAUGHTER MADE 8 PHONE CALLS DURING JAN. 2014. THEY PROMISED A REFUND JAN. 11, 2014. TO DATE, JANUARY 19, 2014 NO REFUND. THIS STORE SOLD LOW GRADE POUROUS TILE WITH A MASTIC THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE USED FOR A 10 X 16 " TILE. THEY SOLD TOO MUCH TILE KNOWING THE RESTOCK FEE WAS SO PROFITABLE. THE PRODUCTS WERE NEVER TAKEN FROM THE STORE AND YET THE STORE MADE ABOUT $150 FOR SELLING LOW GRADE PROUS TILE, MASTIC THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO HOLD THAT SIZE TILE AND THEY OVER CALCULATED THE AMOUNT OF TILE EVEN THO THEY HAD THE MEASUREMENTS IN FRONT OF THEM WITH THE DRAWING. SIXTY DAYS IN AND NO REFUND EVEN THO THE STORE POLICY STATES 30 DAY REFUND. ANY REPUTABLE TILE STORE SHOWS THE GRADE OF TILE WITH IDENTIFYING POROSITY ETC. THIS IS TO ALLOW CONSUMERS ABILITY TO SELCT TILE THAT MEETS STANDARDS FOR HOME SAFETY. THE TILE IN THIS STORE DOES NOT SHOW ANY GRADE. THE CLERK TOLD ME ALL THE TILE IS THE SAME. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE. ALL TILE IS NOT THE SAME. ALL TILE AT THIS STORE MAY BE THE SAME. BUT TILE IDENTIFIED BY NATIONAL SAFETY STANDARDS CLEARLY OUTLINES AND MANDATES CERTAIN TILE SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR SPECIFIC AREAS. NOT ONLY DID THE CLERK MISINFORM ME, I AM CHARGED FOR RESTOCKING FOR ITEMS THAT DONT MEET CODE AND EVEN AT THAT THE REFUND IS STILL NOT POSTED 60 DAYS AFTER THE REQUEST. I QUESTION THE INVOICE FOR THE BUSINESS I SIGNED BECAUSE THE STATE OF FLORIDA DOES NOT HAVE A BUSINESS REGISTERED FOR ANGELAS TILE AND MARBLE. NOT SURE WHY A BUSINESS WOULD ALTER THE INVOICE NAME. IN MY OPINION THE PRACTICES ARE DECEPTIVE AND MAY CAUSE HARM TO CONSUMERS AS RESULT OF PRODUCTS REPRESENTED BY CLERKS ARE BEING SOLD AND DO NOT MEET STANDARDS FOR SAFETY IN RESIDENTIAL USE. OVERSIZING ORDERS IS A UNIQUE WAY TO CREATE REVENUE. THE RESTOCK FEE ALONE IS SUBSTANTIAL AND EVEN THO THE STORE MADE THE MISTAKES I AM FORCED TO PAY FOR RESTOCKING FEES. THIS IS NOT FAIR PRACTICE. THE 30 DAY REFUND POLICY MEANS NOTHING. 60 DAYS AND MANY PROMISES AND I STILL HAVE NO REFUND.

Hi, I'm writing in regard of Mrs. *********. We already refunded her full refund amount. I already spoke with her and Mrs. ********* is a happy customer now. We simply try our best to satisfy our customers because they are our priority ... Thank You, Angela's Marble and Tile...

11/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: Delivered shattered tile and refused to refund without charging a 20% restocking fee.
****** and ****

HI, THIS IS ******'S MARBLE AND TILE. I'M RESPONDING BACK TO THIS COMPLAINT. MR. **** WAS OUR CUSTOMER INSTALLER. THE CUSTOMER WHO BOUGHT THE MATERIAL LEFT HAPPY WHEN HE FIRST BOUGHT IT. WE EVEN DELIVERED THE MATERIAL THE SAME DAY. YES, THERE WERE SOME BROKEN PIECES. THE CUSTOMER CAME IN AND WE TOLD HIM THAT WILL BE GLAD TO EXCHANGE THE BROKEN PIECES. THE CUSTOMER SAID IT WAS ( PERFECT ). BUT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT MR. **** TOLD THE CUSTOMER THAT AFTER ALL HE TOLD US THAT HE DIDN'T WANT THE MATERIAL ANYMORE. THAT HE SEEN A DIFFERENT MATERIAL FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE AND HE LIKED IT. SO, WE TOLD THE CUSTOMER THAT WE CAN GET THE SAME MATERIAL. SO WE DID. THERE WAS NO RESTOCKING FEE BECAUSE IT WAS AN EXCHANGE. MR. **** AND THE CUSTOMER MADE BOTH AN AGREEMENT BUT THAT WAS BETWEEN THEM. WE DIDN'T CHARGE NO RESTOCKING FEE. WE EVEN HAVE THE CUSTOMER INVOICE TO SHOW PROOF THAT THERE WAS NO CHARGE OF RESTOCKING FEE. IT WAS AN EXCHANGE.!

10/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit

Complaint: Even though they did not supply the product we ordered, we still have to wait 30 days for our money to be returned.
July 16th we placed an order with ******'s Tile for 1255 sq.ft. of Tesoro Silk Gris(Grey)tile. Total was $3683 and was partial cash and debit. ******* said to us that it would take 7 to 10 days for them to receive the product at their warehouse. July 17th we received a call from ******* informing us that they could not get the tile. We immediately asked for a refund, she responded with "give me some time to place a few calls". I immediately went to the store and no more then it took me to get there she told me that it was coming from China. I asked for a refund again because I did not trust that reason. She and ***** her store manager, told me that no one there could give me a refund on account of the books lady not being there. They asked me for a chance, and they proceeded to tell me that the tile would get there in about 15 days. Well I told them it was not possible for it to be here on time if it was in China, they said "no its on a boat on its way". I asked if the product was not here on schedule or if it was not the right product if I would get a full refund, they both replied yes. They asked for the chance again and I broke down after there verbal commitment to the full refund. On July 31st I went into the store to see how the progress was going, ******* made a call and said to me "it should be here tomorrow if not Friday but she would call me". Saturday the 3rd of August we received a call about midday saying that the guys were in front of our home ready to deliver the tile, we left our son's open house to hurry home. The tile they were attempting to deliver was of a Kertiles brand, a similar tile but was named Bambu Noce. These names were on the boxes. We had seen these tiles at other stores, and were offered them at ******'s but we wanted the Tesoro Silk Gris line product. We made a phone call to ******* and explained to her that she broke her promise, she responded with "let me make a call because she thinks Tesoro must have boxed them incorrectly". An immediate red flag went up, they were playing us. She then asked us to at least look at them, another red flag that they knew what they had sent to our home. I asked to speak to ***** for an immediate refund. She asked over again to let her make some calls but it couldn't be till Monday. Again we are at their mercy. I attempted the store down in Naples where I was told management was also housed, their store manager was no help and ****** was not available (This is a theme for days to come). 9am sharp Monday I arrived at the showroom asking for a refund, they say no one has got back to them but I was not playing their game any more. Of course no one is there to give me a refund, so I called the Naples store where ****** is, to my surprise she is not there and can not be reached, so a different manager listens to my story but says they can not do anything about it. A store that gladly fully takes your money every minute they are open but when they mess up, or their bullying does not work, it conveniently only can give you a refund on days their books person is there. I continue calling them and the Naples store for a manager to help me out, Naples just continues to ask to take a message and they would call back (NEVER DID). And the Ft. Myers store always took the conversations to ask for other chances and would get me samples. Tuesday continues the telephone run around, so I went into the store about 2pm. Same kind of conversation, them asking for another chance. I explained to them that the chances were over, and I wanted a full refund right then.***** started explaining how they would have to charge me 25% for restocking, I cut her off and explained to her about their mistake and asked her to call Naples in front of me to speak to someone there. She called and walked off. When she returned she said that they would give me a full refund and it would take thirty days. I WANT A FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY, THAT'S MY COMPLAINT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE!

We delivered to Mr. ********* of the material that he ordered, but at delivery time he did not like it, then we offer to get hem a different material so he can be pleased, but he was upset and decided that he did not want the material at all. So he requested the money back and we will give hem the money back in 30 days, we hope he could give us the opportunity to get hem the material that we wants, so we can have another happy costumer like we have many

****** *****

We received another call from ******** (from ******'s) this morning. She said that her boss told her the check would be cut on the 27th of the month. We of course asked why we have to wait another 2 weeks. She said she did not know why. I asked her to please relay to her boss that we need our money back much sooner than that, and that they have lied to us and the BBB concerning their promise to give us back our full refund within 30 days.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! THEY LIED! We want our money back! It has now been over 8 weeks since we placed the order, and 37 days since we were assured we'd have a full refund. The 30 days have come and gone, and still NOTHING!

As I said in our previous letter We try our best until the last minute or day to provide a tile for the customer, ******** talked to them yesterday and informed To accounting that The costumer did Not want any tile From us, We do all the returns to costumers at the end of the month but being the circumstances we will do it earlier on the 27th We could mail the check or the customer can pick it up in our office in *********** Thank you for all your support, if I can be of further assistance let me know.

******.