BBB Accredited Business since 03/09/1994

Mike's Auto Body

01/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Brought vehicle in because my vehicle was hit from behind. This is where the other drivers ins. said to bring it.
Damage to the back bumper from an accident. I brought the vehicle in and reset the odometer to zero with a quarter tank of gas. They put 50 miles on my truck and used up my gas. They also used parts that don't fit correctly, they tried to adjust it and did damage the fresh paint. They told me the hitch cover that was on the truck that was damaged was not available anymore so they replaced it with a cheap aftermarket part. I called the Chevy dealer and they said it is still available so I was lied to. The hitch on my truck was also damaged, they used touch up paint to fix it and it looks horrible. The license plate housing was replaced and they had to readjust the seal around it, and they used glued and they it so it would not move anymore. This was not the way it was before the accident that was not our fault. I brought this issues up to the owner and he kept telling me I am mistaken and finally hung up on me. I had to point out all of the mistakes when I picked up the vehicle to the employees there that are "professionals" I am trying to work with Geico to bring my truck to another service center to fix this correctly.

For my vehicle to be fixed the correct way and not be lied to. I do not want to deal with the owner of the business seeing he was telling me I am wrong and hung up on me. They are not trustworthy.

Mr ***** brought his vehicle in for repairs which were being paid for by GEICO we repaired the vehicle to the exact way that we were paid to do so. The repairs looked acceptable to us and the GEICO appraiser. Mr ***** has a problem with the Aftermarket bumper that we were paid to put on his vehicle and he will have to work that out with GEICO. As far as the mileage Mr. ***** unfourtunately is mistaken about this and does not realize it. The in and out mileage is documented with a signature from the customer and the appraiser. There is absolutely no way we put more than a mile on his vehicle. The vehicle does not leave the premises unless it is a large job and we need to perform an extensive road test.

**** ******, owner

I just met with the GEICO area manager and his Supervisor this afternoon, at 1:00 on 1/10/14. They agreed with me that the work done on my vehicle was very poor and was not acceptable. Even before I would start pointing out the bad quality of work that was done, they were mentioning it before I could. As for the 50 miles put on my vehicle, I was not mistaken as **** ****** wrote in his response, I reset my trip odometer whenever I drop off my vehicle and read it when I go to leave when picking up. I do this so I know if the vehicle was taken home or driven to pick up parts.I am pretty sure my trip odometer is working the way it is supposed too, so no I was NOT mistaken. It does like **** ****** was the one mistaken to say the repairs on my vehicle were acceptable to him and his company. When parts do not fit correctly and horrible paint quality is as easy to see as this, it did me a favor to let me know to never use this company for anything, EVER.
I am very happy now dealing with GEICO, they have been great on getting this resolved and getting my truck fixed correctly. I am bringing my vehicle in to a body shop that has a great reputation in the area and has been around for over 30 years. They even showed me some of the completed work that they have finished and being pick up today by customers. They did this so I have a better piece of mind in their quality of work.