BBB Accredited Business since 06/28/2013

Hazpro Environmental Ltd

11/28/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

While viewing their website, I clicked on a free estimate link. Through emails we set up a time to have my site inspected. I am being billed for this.
It is necessary to do some renos in our bathroom. Because of the age of our house, I suspect we may have mould and/or asbestos. I visited the Hazpro website where there is a link for a free estimate. I clicked on the link and gave the info asked for, including the above info regarding the house and the problem. Through emails from and to their office manager a time was arrannged for one of their techs to come and inspect the bathroom on Monday, Oct 20th. The tech came, took samples, and left. A few days later, I received an email from them with a bill for $***.75. They are billing me for the tech's time as well as for lab services for the samples taken. At no time in our emails was it mentioned that the service they were planning to provide was different from what they provide under a free estimate. What they provided for me is an environmental assessment (except I don't get the assessment until I pay the bill). I don't have a problem paying for this service if I am aware that that is what I am contracting for. However, I didn't know that they were doing a full assessment and were going to charge me for it.

For them to rescind their billing.

We have contacted the customer and expressed our apology for the miscommunication, noted the changes we made to the website and our internal process so this does not happen again. We also offered to revoke the invoice and give him the report for free in an effort to change his opinion of the Company.

Asbestos Removal Service, Mold Consulting & Testing, Mold & Mildew Removal & Remediation, Hazardous Material Control & Removal, Asbestos Consulting & Testing, Demolition Contractors