This business is not BBB accredited.
Phone: (800) 331-1212 Fax: (918) 621-4803 View Additional Phone Numbers
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for Budget Rent-A-Car include:
- 1373 complaint(s) filed against business
- Failure to respond to 37 complaint(s) filed against business
- 42 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
- Length of time business has been operating
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||497|
|Total Closed Complaints||1373|
Additional Complaint Information
The customer experience and complaint history in this report is reflective of world wide corporate owned rental locations.
Due to the volume of complaints against this business, BBB reviewed the complaints and discerned a clear pattern to the allegations. The pattern regards the following:
1) The bulk of complaints received by BBB center around confusion with the terms of the contract. Specifically: - Consumer is rushed through the contract signing screens
- Business representative doesn’t explain explicitly what the fees or charges are for OR doesn’t explain that some of the fees/charges are optional
- “Optional” insurance is misrepresented as required
- Consumer have to “hunt” to find information on the website, such as cancellation fees and stipulations
2) Consumers allege confusion regarding the toll systems add the charges and fees associated with tolls, including exorbitant “admin fees”; business representatives do not adequately explain the toll pass options.
3) Consumers allege difficulty speaking with a representative; calls are not returned; representatives are unhelpful and/or rude.
On June 22, 2016, and July 7, 2016 BBB brought these concerns to the company's attention and asked the company to address the matter as well as provide steps it is actively taking or plan to incorporate in order to prevent future complaints concerning these issues.
On July 29, 2016 the business responded by providing the following statement:
"This will serve to respond to your correspondence of July 7 which has been forwarded to the undersigned.
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for providing your feedback.
We strive to provide sufficient amounts of information for our customers, all of which is on our websites and available to consumers prior to their rental.
We also take significant strides to train and retrain customer facing employees so they can address consumers concerns. In the event they misrepresent information they are counseled and/or disciplined up to termination.
In January of this year we introduced new rental jackets, which make basic issues a little clearer. However, there are other areas where language used may be taken directly from states statue.
We are indeed always looking to improve the delivery and content to consumers and are focusing on times prior to the rental.”
BBB will continue to closely monitor future complaints of this nature as well as work with the company in efforts to eliminate this concern.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||26|
Business ManagementMr. John A Sellers, Customer Affairs
Auto Renting & Leasing
Products & Services
This company states it offers car and truck rentals and moving supplies for trucks.
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview