In Southern Arizona

BBB Accredited Business since 10/02/2003

Progressive Pools & Spas

11/25/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised written warranty or guarantee

Complaint: Progressive cleaned/sealed our pool tile 4/2013; provided 18 month warranty. Scale came back. Progressive has not honored the warranty.
In April, 2013, Progressive cleaned/sealed our pool tile. An 18 month warranty was provided in writing. Progressive was notified in 10/2013 that the scale was coming back. An appt was scheduled for Oct 31. No one came. When we called, we were told the technician was still working another job and would come Nov 4. Technician showed up Nov 4, drained pool below tile level, power washed tile, and then left without discussing with us. He also left the pins in the pump timer so when the pump would have come on, it would have cavitated since the water level was so low. My husband called the tech and he said the scale was not coming off and he needed to talk to Progressive management and would call Tues, Nov 5. He did not. My husband called tech on Wed, Nov 6 and he said he was at the pool store picking up what he needed and would be at our house by noon. By 3, he had still not arrived; my husband called him three times/left messages....no response. I called on Thurs, Nov 7 to speak to **** *****, a manager at Progressive who issued the warranty. First, I was told he was on a phone call. I left a message. I called back and was told he was in a meeting. I left another message. I asked to have him call me as soon as meeting was done and explained the problem. I called back a couple hours later....still in meeting. I left another message. I called again in the afternoon and was told he went out in the field. I asked for his cell phone number and was told it could not be released. Throughout all this time, the water level was below the pool tile and the pump could not run. Because we needed to bring the water level back up to run the pump, I refilled the pool. I have photographs of the condition of the tile. I also have the warranty from Progressive and the original work order. Progressive has still not called.

Progressive specifically stated in the warranty that the tile would need to be brushed by our service company once a week to keep the calcium from being able to adhere to the sealer and a vinyl brush should be used. Mr. ***** stated (in writing) "If your service company does this, then the calcium will not be able to build up for well over 2 years".

Our service company, which referred us to Progressive, has very diligently brushed the tile weekly with a vinyl brush, as specified by Progressive.

We respectfully request you show the complaint against Progressive Pools as very satisfactorily resolved in an extremely acceptable and expeditious manner by the company's owner, Mr. **** ******. Mr. ****** was not aware of the issues and concerns that we brought to Mr. ***** and Mr. ***** chose to ignore.

Mr. ****** was made aware of the issues about the same time I filed the complaint but he had yet not received any notice of the BBB complaint. He called immediately upon learning of the problems and, as I said, he took steps to quickly address them to our total and complete satisfaction.

We believe the problems we had are not indicative of problems of the company itself but of the one employee. Mr. **** *****. We would very gladly recommend Progressive Pools in the future and will also use them when the need arises. (see hard copy online) IG

Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design, Swimming Pool Equipment & Supplies, Swimming Pool Service & Repair