BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
Ernie's Building Service
Phone: (419) 304-8430
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||4|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||4|
Complaint Breakdown by ResolutionAbout Complaint Details
|06/25/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement
Complaint: I signed a contract with Mr. ***** to remodel my kitchen back in Oct. 2012. It is now June 2013 and my kitchen still isn't done.
Business' Initial Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.
|08/21/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|01/10/2014||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
Complaint: contract on work on the house and plumbing was not completed, no work in over 3 weeks
Complaint Resolution: Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.
|12/30/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
Construction & Remodeling Services, Contractors - Flooring, Tile Installation, Floors - Hardwood, Vinyl Flooring, Flooring, Sunroom & Solarium Design & Construction, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Remodeling Services, Bathroom Remodeling, Room Additions, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Patio, Porch & Deck Enclosures, Deck Builder, Deck Builders, Patio & Deck Builders, Home Improvements - Additions, Home Builders, Garage Builders, Floors - Laminate, Hardwood floor installation, Floor Laying, Refinishing & Resurfacing, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Contractors - General, Kitchen Remodeling, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Northwest and West Central Ohio and Southeast Michigan. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Ernie's Building Service is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan on 7/1/2012, in West Central Ohio on 1/1/2013.
BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.
Industry Tips for Construction & Remodeling ServicesBBB Warns Spring Time Brings Home Improvement Scams
Buying An Unbuilt Home
Storm Clean-up Schemes Cause Additional Heartache
Winterizing Your Home
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.