BBB Accredited Business since 12/22/1993

McCloskey Motors Inc - Isuzu

19 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 5 closed in last 12 months

06/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

To Whom it may concern,
I would like to file a complaint against McCloskey Motors for their poor business ethic and poor customer service in the way they are handing my car purchase. I bought a 2005 Volkswagen Passat from McCloskey on November 23th,2013 for 8,000.00. Purchased a 2 year extended warranty for 2,500.00that I was never asked if I wanted. The car has been in the shop in their service department five times since being purchased. The car has an oil leak that they have allegedly fixed multiple times yet I have invoice or paperwork proving that they any work has been done. It continues to leak; there is still a puddle in my garage Two full weekends I have dropped my car off to them and was not provided a replacement car during that time. The check engine light has also been on since I bought the car and as many times as I have taken the car in for service, they provide no solution or explanation as to what is going on with the check engine light either. I have called and called and can not even get a return phone call. The front desk has done so much as say they will "tack down" *** in the service department and have him call me right away. That was three weeks ago. No call I am very upset with this whole car purchase and being given the runaround. was only given $500.oo for my trade-in, not the 4,000 that they advertise. I am not getting service in the service department. I am not even getting the courtesy of a return phone call, or communication about my vehicle's condition. I paid $56 to fix the hand brake, despite the fact that I purchased a 2year extended warranty. At this point if they are not going to fix my car in a satisfactory and timely manner I would like to retune the car to them at no further cost to me They are wasting my time and money
***************

I would like for a reimbursement for the $500.00 fro my trade-in, $200.00 I had to put down and the and the four payments I have made Thank you
***************

Both myself and **************, our Service Manager have made several attempts to contact ******* to try and work on a resolution and have been unable to receive return contact at this time. If ******* can please contact the Dealership at ************ and speak with myself, ************* or **************, we will see what we can do to assist in this matter.

The reason that did not get response form I because they never called my phone number. We I called them they never returned my phone calls and one time I lift my number three times never called my number they always called my husband's phone I don't get the message until lat I should call them the next day.

I have made numerous additional attempts to contact ******* ******* with no return call or any other communication. I have been told that she may no longer have the vehicle and that is the reason for the failure to respond to any of my requests. As mentioned in our prior response, if ******* can please contact the Dealership at ************ and speak with myself, ************* or **************, we will see what we can do to assist in this matter.

04/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a vehicle in Feb 2014, I was told "we keep the second key until the loan funds" I even joked about it being the repo key. After the loan funded I began calling about the key. 2 VM's to the salesman & 2 VM's to Tom (the sales manager) went unreturned. After an e-mail the salesman called to tell me there wasn't a 2nd key and there's nothing he can do. It's a chipped key and costs $270 from the dealer. I felt because I was told they keep it until the loan funds it was implied that there was a 2nd key. I feel that they should cover the cost of a key since it was implied that 2 were going to be included with the vehicle.

$270 (price quoted from Pueblo Toyota) reimbursement for the cost of a chipped key.

March 31, 2014

Response to complaint Case#********
Better Business Bureau of Southern Colorado

To whom it may concern,

***** and ********* (hereafter "customers") purchased a 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser (hereafter "vehicle"), from McCloskey Isuzu (hereafter "McCloskey") in February 2014 as stated by customer. At the time of the sale the customers were presented with one key to the vehicle and nothing else was promised after the sale (see attached "WE OWE / YOU OWE" Statement signed by customer and McCloskey).

Post sale the customers did contact McCloskey through management, the salesperson and the title clerk. At each time of contact McCloskey responded that there was no second key to the vehicle and that none had been promised.

As stated in all prior conversations and on the "WE OWE / YOU OWE" Statement there is no second key to the vehicle, and McCloskey is not able to reimburse the customer as requested in their complaint. If there are any further questions or concerns regarding this, please feel free to contact me personally at ************.

Hello *********,
I feel McClosky Motors is hiding behind the we owe / you owe statement. ***** specifically said "we keep the 2nd key until the loan funds" That to me is a verbal statement of inclusion. The title clerk (***** I think?) even said "they're supposed to say if there's a second key.....if" "We're always having trouble with new people getting that right" So now it appears the lack of training or mistaken promise made by the salesman is covered by the we owe/you owe and we're left with the bill. To me this says they can promise or imply anything but the we owe/you owe trumps all.
This is a small percentage when you're talking about a $270 key against a $27K vehicle but the whole experience is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I think McClosky should stand behind their salesman's implied inclusion and pay for the key. Making me financially responsible for their training problem is not right. Using a we owe / you owe statement as a trump card is bad business practice.

I have been working on a resolution and need to speak with ***** Lau. I have left several messages for *******, he returned my call the other day and we have not spoken to complete resolution at this time. I can be reached at*************.

03/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was out of town but needed a car when I got back into town and found a rather rare care I wanted that they had on the internet. Called them on 12/28/13 to see if I could get them to hold it for me until 1/4/14 when I could look at it (back in town). They said they couldnt hold it without a down payment, long story short I agreed. I had no easy way to get the money to them as I was out of town, I asked if they could pull the funds from my account if I gave them the routing and account numbers, sales man said yes and that they would call me on monday, but that the car was mine. Monday came, by 4:30 MST no one had called, so I called them, couldnt get anyone, left a message. Salesman called me back, said he would give me their routing number, but I have to be in person with my bank to sign for a wire, so I said that wont work. Next day talked to their PR guy, he said they would hold the car for me without the down payment (nice of them, thanks for doing that). Got there on the 4th, decided to buy the car but it needed a loose dash piece fixed and some vent clips (the ones that allow you to control the direction of the vent), it also had wheel locks and not the key so I asked for that. They put all that on the we owe, but couldnt fix it that way (service department was closed by that time (about 2pm on the 4th), so they asked if I could come back on the 11th to get it all done, I agreed. Note I live in north denver and its a 4 hour round trip to get down there. Showed up on the 11th, waited several hours while they worked. The car came back with the loose dash fixed but no wheel lock or vents fixed. They told me the parts had not come in and asked if I could come back on a week day instead. I said I could on the 20th as I have the day off work. After the previous miscommunications we had had, I figured it a good idea to make sure the parts were in before I drove down again, so I called friday morning to ask if they had come in, receptionist told me she would call me back. Friday evening, no one called back, I called again, they said the sales man I had delt with before should have called me, but he was available to speak to me now, so they put me through, but I got his voice mail. Left him a message, then called the parts department my self. A guy there said he would call me monday morning (the 20th) at 7:30 to tell me if the parts were in (parts department was closed by that time on friday). Monday morning came, no call. I called their parts department at 8:30, they said the parts were not even ordered as they had not seen the we owe from sales. I called their PR department and left a message with all the above info. *********** (first name ****) called me back at 6:15 that evening, listened to what I had to say and said he would call me back on tuesday after he had gotten it figured out. I did not get a call on tuesday (see attached phone records). I called and left him a message again saying I hoped to hear from him on Wednesday. No call again. Called today (Thursday) at about 4pm, left a message and said that if they did not take care of this I would contact the BBB. He called me back in 10 minutes flat, started yelling at me, said they did try to call me (look at call records, he did not) I told him I had records proving he did not, he told me to shut up and started to tell me what my problem was, I hung up immediately. He called back, yelled at me again, I told him if he disrespected me again all further communication would be through the BBB, he told me to shutup again, hung up immediately. He called again and left a voice mail saying that the items were ordered and should be in within 4-5 days and sent me an email as well stating the same thing and asking if I would like the vent clips installed.

Had he not yelled at me and told me to shut up, I wouldnt be here, I just wanted it taken care of, but it is not ok to repeatedly not do what you said you would to a customer, then yell at him like he did. (him being me)

Given the email *********** has sent me, this will get taken care of most likely. Its sad that I had to threaten with the BBB to get him to respond with prudence, and now I'm here to make sure it does get taken care of and to let them know that its not ok to say you will do something and then not do it. Further it is not ok to tell your customer to shut up, EVER.

For resolution I want them to full fill what they put on the we owe in the first place, and in a timely manor (within 2 weeks, given it has been 2 weeks sense they agreed in the first place, I believe that is reasonable). I want an apology for how I was treated, and a promise from them to improve their service in the future such that when they tell someone they will do something, in example call them on a certain day or time, or get something done on a certain day or time, that they will do everything in their power to keep their word.

They have asked me multiple times to give referrals to people as they get a lot of business from that, I would consider given a referral still if they can do the above and show that they really will try to keep their word in the future, but as it is now, I cannot and instead suggest that people I know stay away.

At this time, *********** has received all service and parts that were due to him. He has also received the reimbursement for the wheel locks as discussed. I spoke personally with *********** and he said he was satisfied and glad the entire transaction was completed.

McCloskey Motors

Went down to colorado springs today 2/15/14. I arrived at Big Joe's auto just west of the dealership as they told me to head there to get the work done today. When I showed up they had a record of an appointment with me, but no details as to what needed to be done, nor the parts to do the job. Their work order had not been filled out they said, but they did have an appointment for me. They said they did not have the parts and were not sure they could get them from the parts department over at the dealership. Luckily ********** there knew the head of the parts department at the dealership and he was willing to get them and bring them over. They also informed me that they technically shouldnt do any work without the we owe document and that they had not received it. It just so happened I brought a copy of it along with me just in case, so I let them photo copy it.

They said they were not sure they could get the work done today as it might take longer than the 2 more hours their techs would be there today to get the job done. Luckily the parts did arrive and they took the dash apart to get it fixed, but found out they had the wrong parts. They had the driver and passenger side vents, not the center two vents which are linked as a single part. **** said he would have to order the part and get it in later as the BMW parts place in down closed at 1pm. I set up an appointment to come back on march 1st at 1pm as its the next time I will be able to go down to the springs (2 hour drive to get down there if you recall).

I will ask the sales manager***** to mail me the check he offered to write me the last time I was on the phone with him as well as that's just the easiest way to deal with it now.

10/25/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Traded in 2001 Honday Odyssey for 2002 Ford Windstar SEL on Apr 2 2013 and was told the Windstar would be covered by the 60 dau used car warramty. Took the Windstar into McCloskey dealership within 7 days and was told by ****************** that the ABS module needed to be replaced. There is a known history of ABS complaintes with the Windstar and a check of the internet using a google search will confirm this. Was later advised after several follow-up phone calls to Mr ********** in the weeks following that the warrantly insurance company would not cover the repaits to the ABS module. Escalating the problems to Mr Phillips the sales manager and requesting my money back resulted in him telling me to get the Windstar off his property

Within 7 days of the purchase ****************** the service advisor told me after inspecting the Windstar that the 60 day warranty insurance would not cover the ABS module even tho' the internet is replete with complaints from consumers about the 2002 Ford Windstar ABS/Traction Control System. The Service Manager, Mr ********, even told me when I demanded my money back to get the Windstar off his property. Repairing this system is an expensive operation which I cannot afford. Also, the trade-in deal did not allow me the minimum $4000.00 for the trade-in which is adverstised on the McCloskey TV ads. I am a disabled 72 yr old senior citizen, retired military, who needed the van for reliable transportation. I am now faced with a vehicle that constantly warns me that the ABS and Traction Control Systems are not functioning properly.

This is in response to the complaint submitted by ********** (hereafter "customer") regarding warranty repairs and several other concerns on a 2002 Ford Windstar (hereafter "vehicle") purchased from McCloskey Motors, Inc. (hereafter "MMI").

Regarding the brake light concern; the customer purchased the vehicle from MMI on 4/2/2013. Customer returned to MMI on 4/30/2013 and asked the MMI All Makes Service Center, service advisor ******************, if a brake light would be covered under the MMI two month limited warranty agreement. Mr. ********** responded that MMI would need to have the service center diagnose the concern and advise if the brake light would be covered and there was no way to determine if the part or light would be covered until diagnosed. The customer then said that he did not want it diagnosed by us and left the facility.

The customer approached me at the McCloskey Truck Town facility a few days later on 5/6/2013, and asked if we had inspected the vehicle prior to his purchase. I looked up the service history and advised him that we had on 3/8/2013. The customer then began yelling, cursing and saying that I was a liar, as he turned and headed for the door. We allowed him to leave and had no further conversation that day. On 5/7/2013 I called the customer to see if we could help with the diagnosis of his brake concern, he yelled at me through the phone that he did not want to ever hear from me again and hung up the phone.

The customer contacted MMI on 5/22/2013 and requested that we send him his oil change booklet in the mail. MMI has had no further contact past 5/22/2013.

At this time the customers 2 month limited warranty has expired and the customer had elected to decline any form of service contract (see attached, signed disclosure), therefore there is no mechanical coverage on the vehicle purchased by customer.

Regarding the request to provide the "$4000.00 Trade-in" promotion; as noted above, the customer made his purchase on 4/2/2013. MMI ran the above promotion from 7/18/2013 through 9/7/2013. The customers purchase was made several months prior to MMI advertising the "$4000.00 Trade-In" promotion.

If there are any further questions regarding this response, please feel free to contact me at **************.

McCloskey Motors, Inc.

I located an ABS module through salvage and ***** the service advisor at the MMI north location arranged to have it installed today for $80.00. I dispute the claim that I would not allow MMI to troubleshoot the vehicle in question. However, in mind this dispute has been resolved and I wish to move on.

This is in response to the complaint submitted by ********** (hereafter "customer") regarding his on a 2002 Ford Windstar (hereafter "vehicle") purchased from McCloskey Motors, Inc. (hereafter "MMI").

The customer purchased and took delivery of the vehicle from McCloskey Motors, Inc. on 4/2/2013.

In response to the recent reply and pertaining to the warranty which was provided on the vehicle, this warranty would have been in place from 4/2/2013 through 6/2/2013 and/or 2000 miles added to the odometer. During that time, on 4/30/2013 the customer came in stating his brake light would come on intermittently. As stated prior, the customer would not allow MMI to complete a diagnostic on the vehicle to determine the problem. Without any diagnosis there was and is no repair available. At this time, and at the time of the original BBB submission, the warranty is expired.

The implication of false advertising is not correct. MMI provided all products and services to the customer that were advertised, agreed on, and due within the scope of the vehicle purchase. When I further attempted to contact the customer on 5/7/2013, to offer assistance with the diagnosis of the concern above, I was told by the customer to not ever contact him again.

The final statement is questioning our "$4000 Trade In Promotion." The customer made his purchase on 4/2/2013. There was no promotion or advertising to offer $4000 for the trade in available until 7/18/2013. Each time a promotion is run for MMI, our advertising will generally offer a start and end date. The customer purchased the vehicle 3 months prior to any advertising appearing for the $4000 trade campaign.

Please feel free to contact me at ************** if there are questions or you would like to discuss this matter further.

07/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased 2012 Suzuki Kizashi on 1/11/13 from McCloskey Motors. Car taken in for second oil change & tire rotation on 6/6/13 since purchase. Vehicle was dropped from McCloskey's hydraulic lift at least 4 feet from the ground causing extreme body damage (conservative estimate over $8500 body damage alone and unknown mechanical damage). Service manager ***** ******** informed us of the damage at the time of service. We talked with *** ****** (CFO) 2 to 3 times right after the accident regarding the condition of our car and our concerns for the repairs/safety of our vehicle. I sent an email to both *** ****** and *** ********* on 6/11/13 and also left a voicemail for *** on 6/13/13 of which they have not responded. Our request is that they give us back our trade in value for the car they took back in January when we purchased the Suzuki and pay off our existing loan so we can purchase a new, undamaged safe vehicle. We also need to be compensated for the taxes we'll need to pay on new vehicle plus the cost for getting the car registered. We have suffered a great loss not only with our car but with the time & effort we have to spend to defend ourselves in this situation to ensure we are protected properly. ******************* representing McCloskey is working through the claim process however we are not wanting a patched up car back that now has dimished value. We are not responsible for the damages to the car and we should not have to bear the burden of McCloskey's mistake servicing our car. There is a insurance decision and a business decision to be made here; McCloskey can make a business decision to give back our trade allowance and pay off our loan to maintain their reputation in the community. Suzuki is not manufactured in the US anymore causing additional problems. According to McCloskey, there are no other Kizashi's available to replace our car with. Supposedly they have looked for a replacement vehicle according to *** ******. McCloskey Motors just wants to wash their hands of this and send us on our merry way. They need to remember they are totally 100% responsible for the damages we have sustained. We will not take any financial hardship for their mistake.

We want our $11,000 trade allowance back from purchase in Jan 2013 and for McCloskey to pay off our existing car loan. Also, they also need to pay the cost of sales tax for a new car purchase and the cost to register/license a new vehicle.

After the process determined by our insurance company Federated, the ****** vehicle was considered a total loss and the ******* have been compensated by Federated.
It is unfortunate this accident occured. We apologize that this process took the time that it did.
We strive to give exceptional service to all our customers now and in the future.

12/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I bought a car and thought it was a good deal. I disclosed that I had prior credit problems and felt I was realistic about my financing options and what I could afford. I signed paperwork and left with the car, thinking the deal was done. I got a call to return to the dealership to sign more paperwork. I also got multiple notices from my credit monitoring agency that I had 8 hard credit pulls to my credit and my credit, which I had been carefully repairing, was now very ugly. The dealership financing manager ruined my credit by over shopping my deal. It gets worse. I am getting notices that my deal was shopped to lenders that don't even fund people with my credit problems! Since the dealership told me that I had more papers to sign, I thought the deal wasn't completed and tried today to make arrangements to return the car. The dealership did not take any responsibility for abusing my credit, they won't take back the car even though the deal isn't done. I want to return the car and close this problem out with a zero balance to all.
Product_Or_Service: Land Rover
Account_Number: ********

I would like to return the car the same as I bought it, as is. I do not want to owe anyone any money. I do not want anything negative to post on my credit and I do not want my credit pulled by this company again. I would like the credit pulls that were inappropriately shopped to lenders that wouldn't fund me, reversed.

To Whom It May Concern,
***************** (hereafter "customer" purchased a 2005 Land Rover vin#***************** (hereafter "vehicle") from McCloskey Motors, Inc. (hereafter "MMI") on 10/27/2014.
MMI treated the customer and her credit with respect and with the same manner in which we would work with any customer. MMI pursued several financing options for which the customer would qualify. Each loan company that a loan was shopped to were companies that the customer could qualify for a loan with. MMI wanted to provide the best possible service and loan options to the customer.
There is no right of rescission which would allow the return of the vehicle. The Finance Manager and myself have tried contacting the customer to quell her concerns and discuss if she may have other options, she has refused to have further contact with anyone from our company.
If there are any further questions, please feel free to contact me at ************.

*************

No one has contacted me from the dealership since I filed this original complaint and offered to return the car.
I HAVE rec'd the credit denial letters from lenders that informs me that MMI shopped my deal at places that could not finance the deal, confirming the reckless and inappropriate use of my trust and credit. I HAVE seen my credit score take about 100 point hit since they 'helped' me with their financing options. The fact that everyone's credit is treated in such an abusive and appalling manner is not a comfort to me. In fact, it is my opinion that no one should spend any money here, ever because this dealership has completely lost my respect and trust.

BBB this is STILL not resolved. I appreciate your help, but it is not enough. I contacted Channel 11 News about this for a 'Call For Action' complaint. They listened to me and advised me that we may all be on the 5 o'clock news! They also advised me to contact the police and I contacted the number they gave me. The police have referred me to the regulating agency and explained how I could file a formal complaint. I will try this to see if it resolves my problem.

10/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

In March 2014 I purchased a truck from McCloskey Motors.I was charged for an extended warranty that I did not ask for and do not need. The person giving me the paperwork to sign did not clearly state I would be charged and I did not realize this until I received my payment book from the finance co. My total loan was $3000 more than expected due to the extended warranty.I was told by the service contract co. and it's in the service contract that as long as the finance company agreed to the cancellation and it was sent in writing to McCloskey that the money would be put towards the loan. McClokey refuses to cancel it saying this particular warranty is not cancelable. I find it odd that I put down $3000 and the cost of the service contract is also $3000. I do not need this warranty and want the money put towards the loan.

I want the $3000 I was charged for a service contract sent to my finance co.

To Whom It May Concern,

In regards to the complaint submitted by ************** (hereafter customer), regarding her choice to purchase the extended service plan with her vehicle on 3/21/2014, from McCLoskey Motors, Inc (hereafter MMI).

The customer was clearly disclosed and made the decision to purchase an extended service plan with her vehicle purchase. Please see attached documents.

See "******* VSC Disclosures" page 1, which is the Finance menu where customer was presented with options to purchase additional products and elected to purchase a service contract and gap protection this page is signed by customer.
Page 2 of the attachment shows what items specifically were purchased by the customer, and again is signed by customer. Page 3 of the same attachment states that a service contract and gap are voluntary and not required, this is also acknowledged and signed by the customer.

The next attachment is "******* PA" which discloses in section 14, the pricing of the optional service contract and gap protection.

The next attachment "******* VSC pg1" shows that the customer initialed acknowledging the acceptance of the purchase and then signed a second time below that, and initialed acknowledging that she was purchasing a non-cancellable product.

The additional information submitted by the customer on 8/30/14 states: "pg 4 cancellation states: This agreement is non- cancelable unless required to be cancelled by the lien holder. if the lien holder requires the agreement to be cancelable , then it is cancellable by either the lien holder or you." There is no requirement to cancel this product by the lien holder, such requirement may be in the event of such things as a total loss, repossession or other similar event.

At this time as there is no requirement to cancel the service contract, this has been explained to the customer both in email and via the phone. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at ************.

*************

I am not happy with them. They sold me an extended warrenty I did not want or ask for. They just included it in my vehicle pay off. They refuse to cancel it and say it cannot be cancelled. Thats bull. I spoke with Mike and he said all his sales people are trained to tell you about the contract. Well I dont think so! I feel I was missled and want my $3000 back for the price of the contract. I got n touch with McKlosky before 30 days was up. This all took place in march 2014. I couldnt follow through as well as I would have liked because I was doing chemo and ended up in the hospital. His "sales person" did not explain I was being charged for the extended service contract and I was under the assumption it came with my truck. It wasnt until.I recieved my payment book from the finance company I realized I had been charged and was paying for a $3000 dollar service contract. I want my $$$ back.

To Whom It May Concern,

As demonstrated in the prior response, the customer was clearly disclosed and made the decision to purchase an extended service plan with her vehicle purchase. MMI sent multiple attachments showing clear disclosure and options to purchase additional products including but not limited to the service contract purchased by the customer. The customer had free choice and made the decision to purchase the service contract on her own volition, the service contract is a non-cancellable product.

With the information provided prior, at this time as there is no requirement to cancel the service contract, this has been explained to the customer both in email and via the phone. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at (***) ********.

*************

They state I was aware of the contract for an extended warrenty. I was not. It was put into the paperwork and made out like it was included. I didnt know I was being charged $3000 dollars for a warrenty I did not need. When they first told me to get my own financing I was told to barrow $4400. With the $3000 I put for a down payment I would have the truck. Then, when they got the financing for me, all of a sudden theres an extra $3000 on my payment schedule. The price of the truck was $6400. Minus $3000 = $4400. Seems funny when they got financing for me the final cost is now over $7000. So why is it the price changed from me financing it to them getting financing. Because they slippedit in without my knowlege!

10/13/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

End of may I bought a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Traded in two vehicles plus put $16,000.00 down. The fourth gear pops out sometimes when hitting a bump. Called warranty company, Century Services ************** contract #**********. Asked about what coverage I have for vehicle with lift, oversized wheels, and K&N air filter. Was told on page four line b all Ineligible Vehicles are any rebuilt or modified and aren't covered. Need to have Mccloskey Motors do a sur charge and check modified block. Than the vehicle would be good with warranty. They said anything not stock isn"t covered unless modified block has been checked. So I went back to Mccloskey Motors and asked about this issue with contract and told them about transmission issue. Was told transmission would be easy two week fix and was the synchronizing gear from service department. Service department would have to take transmission out, pull piece off show warranty company. But I needed to get contract changed to reflect modified. Was told two days, than went back several times and it turned into three weeks. Even went twice on 29 Aug 2014 still getting blown off. Just want at this point money back for cost of warranty. Since its not good without block checked. Already found another company to warranty my vehicle. I hold nothing against ************* who even donated to the Combat Vets Motorcycle Association several oil changes and detail work on vehicle. To me this should have been done right when contract was written and if not resolved after three weeks and many hours of my time, gas, and my patience to resolve this issue. As a 23 year, 5 combat tour veteran I have been very patience despite my diagnosis of Serve Anxiety/ PTSD. Do not appreciate or deserve after putting $16,000.00 dollars down and trading two vehicles to be treated this way and lied to plus passed off to 8 different people. I spent $3690.00 for invalid contract. Have spoken to several heads in each department. Thanks for looking into this matter.

Refund from Mccloskey of service warranty in the amount of $3,690.00 and new vehicle contract done for bank reflecting amount of warranty off. So amount financed through bank is correct.

BBB CASE#:*********

To whom it may concern,

We are currently working on a resolution with *********** (hereafter customer), on his Jeep and the service contract coverage that customer purchased from McCloskey Motors, Inc (hereafter MMI).

I have researched the information on the service contract and the purchase and spoken with the customer. The Jeep has not been in our shop since 5/30/2014 and has not been looked at for the current concern in question, with it popping out of fourth gear. Without inspecting the Jeep there is no determination of what may be or may not be covered.

We have set an appointment for Tuesday 9/16/14 at 1:00 pm for the customer to have the mechanical inspection and file the service contract claim for the customer.

Please consider this complaint resolved. If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact me at (719) 594-9400.

************************

Situation has changed. Talked to Mccloskey Motors service department Friday the 26th about jeep and Century extended warranty company coming to look at vehicle. Matt head service guy told me I will call you Saturday or at latest Monday because they should be coming out to check about part for warranty. Someone was already supposed to have already come out and I will call you. Tuesday the 30th called Century warranty company. They said we already told them Wednesday and even said Matt in service department the 24th it's still has factory warranty and we are denying claim. Went to Mccloskey Tuesday morning after phone call. Matt told me about factory warranty he just found out about. Vehicle will be ready Wednesday. In closing was lied to in my face Friday about warranty company coming out when they already told them no. Even gave them until Wednesday for giving back jeep. No phone call saying not ready or anything. Should not be lied to after paying all this money for vehicle.

BBB complaint #37034264

To whom it may concern,

We have had continued discussion with *********** (hereafter customer), on his Jeep and the service contract coverage that customer purchased from McCloskey Motors, Inc (hereafter MMI).

MMI was contacted by the service contract company and requested to begin tear-down of the Jeep to the point of failure to determine service contract coverage. Upon tear-down, MMI was contacted by the service contract company and told that based on information received this should be a factory warranty item, rather than a service contract item. MMI returned the Jeep to it's original state, explained the provided information to the customer. Customer requested that he would follow up with a factory certified service center.

There is no untruth or intended malice during this exchange. No monies changed hands from customer to MMI during this recent inspection and transaction. MMI would like to consider this complaint resolved and completed. any further questions may be directed to Mike Phillips at (719) 594-9400.

************************

03/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Mccloskey Motors made a verbal contract with me and changed the contract after I arrived from out of state at the dealership. They changed the contract that we agreed on when they put it on paper and had me sign it after they increased the price (which they made me aware of) and changed the warranty (which them they did not make me aware of. The agreement was for a 4 year 48,000 mile warranty included in the price which they changed to a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. In addition to the contract change without my knowledge the customer service became extremely poor when I became vocal about them changing their contract. I was ignored for several hours while the business manager helped every other customer in the dealership before me. They made attempted to make it uncomfortable in every way possible while I attempted to get them to stick to their word.I didn't notice the contract change that I signed until I arrived back in arizona. My phone calls went unanswered until I told the receptionist that I would leave no more messages and remain on hold until I got to speak with the Sales Manager. He insisted that I the contract that I made with the sales associate (not him)was not as I described it and said goodbye and that there was nothing more that he was willing to do or discuss. I suggested a conference call between the sales associate, the sales manager and myself and he initially told me that the sales associate was too busy and that we could do the call when he was available. He ended the conversation by saying that the discussion was over and that there was nothing more that he could or would do and I left the conversation feeling that I was not going to receive a call back to discuss this with him and the associate.
Product_Or_Service: used vehicle

I would like the contract restored to its original agreement of $350/month with a 4 year 48,000 mile warranty included as agreed upon by the sales associate "*****" and myself.

To whom it may concern,

************* (hereafter "Customer") contacted McClockey Motors, Inc. (hereafter "MMI") beginning on 12/27/2013 regarding the possible purchase of a 2009 Toyota Sienna. The customer also requested pricing on a service contract and a 3 year/36,000 miles service contract was quoted to the customer for both pricing and was quoted included in the payments, with just a verification of the tax rate remaining.

Several days later, on 1/2/2014 the customer came in and completed all documents and finalized the purchase. At that time the only adjustment to any numbers was upon verification of taxes that are paid by the customer. MMI offered to upgrade the 3 year/36,000 mile service contract to a 4 year/48,000 mile service contract. There was a cost associated with this upgrade and therefore the payment would have increased. The information was printed and presented to the customer to review with the 4 year/48000 mile service contract and declined. The customer did not want an increase in payment and therefore MMI continued the sale of a 3 year/36,000 miles service contract as discussed in the original phone conversation.

On 1/4/2014, the customer contacted me and had thought he was receiving the longer term contract. I told the customer I would have to check out the information in the loan packet and call him back later when our administrative office was opened. I researched all documents in the deal and reviewed all of the information shared with the customer. Upon speaking with him for some time, MMI and the customer reached a mutual and satisfactory agreement. As an act of goodwill, MMI agreed to upgrade the 3 year/36000 mile service contract into the 4 year/48000 mile service contract at a discounted rate and the customer agreed to pay the difference.

McCloskey Motors

I had a verbal confirmation from ***** not ****, a representative of MMI none the less and Mr Phillips and I did indeed speak prior to my arrival to MMI on 1/2/14. ************ is also incorrect in his statement that "at this time both MMI and the customer are satisfied and the entire transaction is complete." I am not satisfied and the transaction is not complete because there are broken items on the car that MMI made verbal agreements to me that they would follow through on repairing/ordering parts for/looking into places to fix items locally. (None of which has happened, nor has anyone at anytime reached out to me in an effort to address these promises). There was no act of goodwill on the part of MMI because nothing needed to be upgraded at a discounted rate. All they simply needed to do was stand by their word, which they did not and to this day No one at MMI disagrees or has disagreed with the agreement ***** and I made prior to my departure for MMI. I would be satisfied and consider this matter closed if MMI sends me a check for $300 so I can fix the broken CD player, power rear view mirror, mising arm rest hinge cover, and make a spare "chipped" key. Thank you very much.

To whom it may concern,

************* (hereafter "Customer") purchased a 2009 Toyota Sienna (hereafter "vehicle") from McClockey Motors, Inc. (hereafter "MMI") on 1/2/2014.

The customer states about verbal confirmation from me, which is incorrect, the customer and I never spoke prior to his arrival at the dealership on 1/2/2014.

When MMI sent the updated documents as agreed to upgrade the customer service contract, the customer altered the documents that had previously been agreed on, the customer also held necessary trade documents that had already been agreed to be returned to MMI. MMI sent the upgraded service contract documents a second time and requested the trade documents. The customer completed the necessary information for the upgraded service contract and returned the documents to MMI along with the appropriate documents that had been agreed on for the trade-in.

At this time, both MMI and the customer are satisfied and the entire transaction is complete.

01/17/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I bought a Subaru Impreza RS from the McCloskey Isuzu dealership on Friday, October 12th 2012. I had spoken to the people at the dealership a few days prior to the purchase and from the very first conversation they were asking me to send money. They said that they needed a deposit in order to hold the car for me to go and look at it. They kept telling me that the car was popular and would probably be gone before I could drive from New Mexico to go and see it.
When we got there we test drove the car. It seemed to be fine, but it smelt like oil. We got back to the dealership and looked under the hood. We could see that there were puddles of oil in the engine. We asked if there was an oil leak. We were assured that this was not the case and that the fluids in the car had just been changed. He said what we smelt and saw was oil that had been spilled during the oil change. We were also told that the car had gone under a 120 point inspection and that the car was "mechanically sound."
About a hundred miles away from the dealership the car was pouring out white smoke and the steering began to bind up when making tight turns. We called the dealership the next day and they told us that the best course of action would be to call them on Monday, that everyone was too busy to deal with it at the moment.
When we got home we had our mechanic look at the car. He gave us a list of issues that should have been identified when the car underwent the 120 point inspection by the mechanics at the dealership. The major issues were the oil leak in the rear main seal, the slave cylinder, the clutch, among other things. (See attachment for full list.) He also noticed that none of the fluids had been changed, save the oil. After speaking to my mechanic about this, it became clear to me that the car had not actually been inspected, and that none of the work that the dealer said they had done had actually been performed.
I called the dealership the next week to try and resolve the issue and I spoke to the *** **** ********. He was rude and argumentative. He eventually told me that he would speak to the mechanic and call me back. He never did. Every time I tried to call him after that I was sent to his voice mail or other employees who would not help me.
It was the car that I was looking for. I wanted a small, dependable, all wheel drive car. I was looking for a car that I could purchase with low monthly payments. This is why we were looking for an older model. I paid the price that I did under the impression that I was getting a reliable and mechanically sound car.
I paid $3,500 over the **************** value of the car because the dealer represented to me that the car was in Excellent condition and that it had been thoroughly inspected. With the mechanical condition that the car was actually in it was not worth that much. In addition, I now have to pay for repairs just to put the car in a condition where it can even be driven.
The people at the dealership held back pertinent information about the condition of the car and made specific misstatements about the condition of the car and about inspections and work that had not actually be done on the car. They were also pushy and unprofessional. Overall this is the worst experience I have ever had as a consumer.
The price quoted on the estimate from **************** is what it cost to make the car driveable. My mechanic was willing to work with the dealership on the cost of these repairs, but we never heard back from them after repeated attempts to contact them.

I want to be compensated for the money I have had to spend repairing the car, and I want to be refunded the amount I paid over the **************** value for the car because the car was not in the condition that the dealer represented it to be.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. One of the reasons I decided to do business with this dealer was because of their A+ Better Business Bureau Rating. I feel that that rating is completely unwarranted given the experience I have had with the dealer. I have run out of options and will greatly appreciate any help you can give me.
*******************

******************** (hereafter customer) contacted McCloskey Motors, Inc. (hereafter MMI) via phone beginning on 10/8/2012. After more than one conversation, Customer asked if MMI could hold the vehicle until she could make it to Colorado Springs on Friday (10/12/12), and she would pay cash for the purchase of a 1999 Subaru Impreza RS **********************. The phone representative agreed that it may be a possibility and forwarded Customer's information to a salesperson and ***********, a Sales Manager at MMI. Upon discussion with *********** on 10/9/2012 customer expressed that she was not paying cash and would instead finance a portion. **** gathered initial information from customer and held vehidle until 10/12/2012.

On 10/12/2012 Customer came into MMI and test drove the above noted vehicle. Customer also brought a friend who claimed and expressed to the salesperson and *********** that he had a significant depth of knowledge on Subaru products, he looked over the vehicle with the customer as she made a decission. Customer was quoted $9995 plus taxes and fees on the vehicle. Customer then began a negotiation on pricing on the above noted vehicle. It was settled on a price of $7627 plus taxes and fees, so that after down payment the negotiation was to be at $5050 "Out the door" to finance. With this offer both customer and MMI were satisfied and completed a deal.

I was first contacted on 10/20/2012 by customer claiming there were problems as found by a mechanic in New Mexico. Customer was to forward me what was found by the mechanic (estimate) and we were going to discuss possible solutions. I explained to customer that we needed documents to complete funding for the bank at this time as well, primarily titling information because customer had expressed to the bank that she was at a different address then had been given to MMI. She agreed that she would get us the remaining items and forward the mechanic estimate to me. I did not receive this on that day.

I received a fax dated 10/20/2012 with mechanic estimate on 10/22/20012 and contacted **************, the Parts and Service Director, to verify what items on the estimate we may be able to help with financially, and what if any, were a necessity or recommended maintenance (ass noted on several items from Customer's mechanic).

Over the course of the next several days Customer and I had one conversation where she instructed me that we would need to pay all items requested by mechanic or she would not do business with us. I reminded customer that she had purchased the car AS-IS and that recommended maintenance was not something MMI would participate in financially. I also reviewed her paperwork and reviewed with her that she had chosen to decline any service contract coverage with her purchase. On the last conversation I had with customer she hung up on me stating that she would just get her mechanic to perform repairs. She did not accept any further phone contact from me.

Yes, I am interested in further information about your mediation services.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

*************************

We stand by our original reponse in this matter.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars