I was out of town but needed a car when I got back into town and found a rather rare care I wanted that they had on the internet. Called them on 12/28/13 to see if I could get them to hold it for me until 1/4/14 when I could look at it (back in town). They said they couldnt hold it without a down payment, long story short I agreed. I had no easy way to get the money to them as I was out of town, I asked if they could pull the funds from my account if I gave them the routing and account numbers, sales man said yes and that they would call me on monday, but that the car was mine. Monday came, by 4:30 MST no one had called, so I called them, couldnt get anyone, left a message. Salesman called me back, said he would give me their routing number, but I have to be in person with my bank to sign for a wire, so I said that wont work. Next day talked to their PR guy, he said they would hold the car for me without the down payment (nice of them, thanks for doing that). Got there on the 4th, decided to buy the car but it needed a loose dash piece fixed and some vent clips (the ones that allow you to control the direction of the vent), it also had wheel locks and not the key so I asked for that. They put all that on the we owe, but couldnt fix it that way (service department was closed by that time (about 2pm on the 4th), so they asked if I could come back on the 11th to get it all done, I agreed. Note I live in north denver and its a 4 hour round trip to get down there. Showed up on the 11th, waited several hours while they worked. The car came back with the loose dash fixed but no wheel lock or vents fixed. They told me the parts had not come in and asked if I could come back on a week day instead. I said I could on the 20th as I have the day off work. After the previous miscommunications we had had, I figured it a good idea to make sure the parts were in before I drove down again, so I called friday morning to ask if they had come in, receptionist told me she would call me back. Friday evening, no one called back, I called again, they said the sales man I had delt with before should have called me, but he was available to speak to me now, so they put me through, but I got his voice mail. Left him a message, then called the parts department my self. A guy there said he would call me monday morning (the 20th) at 7:30 to tell me if the parts were in (parts department was closed by that time on friday). Monday morning came, no call. I called their parts department at 8:30, they said the parts were not even ordered as they had not seen the we owe from sales. I called their PR department and left a message with all the above info. *********** (first name ****) called me back at 6:15 that evening, listened to what I had to say and said he would call me back on tuesday after he had gotten it figured out. I did not get a call on tuesday (see attached phone records). I called and left him a message again saying I hoped to hear from him on Wednesday. No call again. Called today (Thursday) at about 4pm, left a message and said that if they did not take care of this I would contact the BBB. He called me back in 10 minutes flat, started yelling at me, said they did try to call me (look at call records, he did not) I told him I had records proving he did not, he told me to shut up and started to tell me what my problem was, I hung up immediately. He called back, yelled at me again, I told him if he disrespected me again all further communication would be through the BBB, he told me to shutup again, hung up immediately. He called again and left a voice mail saying that the items were ordered and should be in within 4-5 days and sent me an email as well stating the same thing and asking if I would like the vent clips installed.
Had he not yelled at me and told me to shut up, I wouldnt be here, I just wanted it taken care of, but it is not ok to repeatedly not do what you said you would to a customer, then yell at him like he did. (him being me)
Given the email *********** has sent me, this will get taken care of most likely. Its sad that I had to threaten with the BBB to get him to respond with prudence, and now I'm here to make sure it does get taken care of and to let them know that its not ok to say you will do something and then not do it. Further it is not ok to tell your customer to shut up, EVER.
For resolution I want them to full fill what they put on the we owe in the first place, and in a timely manor (within 2 weeks, given it has been 2 weeks sense they agreed in the first place, I believe that is reasonable). I want an apology for how I was treated, and a promise from them to improve their service in the future such that when they tell someone they will do something, in example call them on a certain day or time, or get something done on a certain day or time, that they will do everything in their power to keep their word.
They have asked me multiple times to give referrals to people as they get a lot of business from that, I would consider given a referral still if they can do the above and show that they really will try to keep their word in the future, but as it is now, I cannot and instead suggest that people I know stay away.
At this time, *********** has received all service and parts that were due to him. He has also received the reimbursement for the wheel locks as discussed. I spoke personally with *********** and he said he was satisfied and glad the entire transaction was completed.
General Sales Manager
Final Consumer Response
Went down to colorado springs today 2/15/14. I arrived at Big Joe's auto just west of the dealership as they told me to head there to get the work done today. When I showed up they had a record of an appointment with me, but no details as to what needed to be done, nor the parts to do the job. Their work order had not been filled out they said, but they did have an appointment for me. They said they did not have the parts and were not sure they could get them from the parts department over at the dealership. Luckily ********** there knew the head of the parts department at the dealership and he was willing to get them and bring them over. They also informed me that they technically shouldnt do any work without the we owe document and that they had not received it. It just so happened I brought a copy of it along with me just in case, so I let them photo copy it.
They said they were not sure they could get the work done today as it might take longer than the 2 more hours their techs would be there today to get the job done. Luckily the parts did arrive and they took the dash apart to get it fixed, but found out they had the wrong parts. They had the driver and passenger side vents, not the center two vents which are linked as a single part. **** said he would have to order the part and get it in later as the BMW parts place in down closed at 1pm. I set up an appointment to come back on march 1st at 1pm as its the next time I will be able to go down to the springs (2 hour drive to get down there if you recall).
I will ask the sales manager***** to mail me the check he offered to write me the last time I was on the phone with him as well as that's just the easiest way to deal with it now.