Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

BBB Accredited Business since 02/13/2014

I Take The Lead Inc

02/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue

Complaint: I am a Loan Originator here in the State of Washington. In my line of work it is customary
to "Join" Organizations/Groups that help Sales People increase their business.

In May of 2013, I was contacted by a company named "I take the Lead". This company
holds itself out to consumers as a Company that offers two kinds of Business referal
systems.....Business to Consumer and Business to Business networking groups to
aid Professionals to grow their business. In May of 2013, I was unable to join,
However, when my schedule allowed in August 19 2013, I contacted " A ***
**** ********, CEO, of I take the Lead, to see if there was a avaliable
opening in one of their Groups for a loan originator.

*** ******** advised me that there was a "Group" that meets
on Fridays at ******* in Kent and that I was welcome to go to
it. Friday, August 23 I attend the "group" meeting which consisted
of about 6 people being present. During the meeting, I was instructed
that if I would like to join, the fee would be $350.00 for a year and
that for that $350.00, I could also visit other groups who did not
have a "Mortgage Person". The People seemed friendly and I thought
that I could help build the group by bringing in other professional
business people. I hadn't heard anything bad about I take the Lead
and I decided to join. The following scheduled Friday meeting was
canceled due to the Labor Day weekend. The following Friday,
September 6th, I bring a Guest with me hoping to build our
group. The person in Charge of our Group, ****, was not happy
about me bringing a guest, his wife sells health products and
the person I brought with me sells skin care products. Things
seemed to settle down throughout the meeting, but I did notice
that people were arriving late...1 person was 1/2 hour late for
the meeting. I asked during the meeting, where there was another
group meeting and I was told that the Renton Group meets on
Monday am and that I was welcome to attend.

The following Monday, September 9, 2013 (my 3rd visit) I show
up at the meeting at 7:20 am (start time is 7:30) I sit by myself
until 7:50 am, as I am getting ready to leave, a Real Estate agent
shows up and then a person who does computer repair at 8:00am.
For the next half an hours I listen to the computer repair lady
complain about ****, the leader of the Kent group. There were
3 people including me in this "Group" of people.

On Friday, Sept 13, (my 4th meeting)I go to the Kent Group again,
and NOBODY is there.....I wait until 8:15 and then I leave. Nobody
in the "group" conveyed anything to me about not being present
that day, later I find out that two of the members were sick and
I don't know what happened to the rest.

I came back to my office from the meeting and sent a email
to **** ******** explaining the events since the time I joined
and asked for a refund to my credit card. He declined a refund,
his basis being that the membership form I signed said no refunds. I do not believe that I Take the Lead members involved did not act in a professional was which is a reflection of the company.

First of all, as this person (you asked NOT to identify the person) agreed, she signed a contract agreeing to pay iTTL $350 for membership of one year, 100% her choice, she paid the money and part of that contract that she signed agreed that there were NO REFUNDS. That should be the end of the story. This is a simple matter of contract law. We do not have the authority to violate the policies and procedures of iTTL. This person could have paid monthly, semi-annually OR annually, that is evident in our paperwork which this person received with the application she completed for membership and payment, we do NOT hide the fees. There is no right to rescind the contract. 99% of our members pay their membership fees on a monthly basis, so if they quit mid-term, they are not out any money. We actually encourage members to pay monthly for that very reason. You can find this on our website in many places and in ALL of our materials. If she was interested in other forms of payment, wouldn't it make sense to ask BEFORE she joined rather than after??? That was this person's choice. Unfortunately, from there, I have NO IDEA what this person is talking about. If she had a disagreement with a member, she could have aired that complaint to management about the guest she brought to a meeting, however, she chose not to do that. This person has repeatedly admitted that she has my contact information. I have NO IDEA what meeting this person is talking about because we DO NOT have meetings on Mondays and have never had meetings on Mondays. Perhaps she attended a leads group meeting of another leads group organization???? I don't know. AGAIN, if she had a complaint about another meeting she attended and how she was treated, why did she not communicate??? At any rate, other groups and events that people attend are an added bonus and have NO bearing on their membership, so this is a moot point. In regards to this person's meeting being canceled, sometimes meetings are canceled by the membership due to illness, THAT HAPPENS, our people are human. We do not meet on holidays and holiday weekends. So the fact that this person quit iTTL was 100% her choice, she did not have to do that and it seems extremely irrational that she has quit already. It seems she jumped the gun???? BUT THAT IS THIS PERSON'S PREROGATIVE, TO QUIT, AT ANY TIME, IF SHE CHOOSES TO DO THAT. So, unfortunately for ALL INVOLVED here, this complaint has NO MERIT. Asking someone to break the rules or break the law is absolutely ridiculous and that is what this person is asking us to do, break the rules. I am ALWAYS AMAZED at the ABSOLUTE AUDACITY of some people. We have been advised by our attorneys that we should NOT give refunds as that would leave us open to litigation. Since this person has already threatened us with litigation, I have that in the email this person sent to me, this is the end of this case. Furthermore, as this person has already stated, iTTL has an impeccable reputation in the community, on purpose. We have treated this person with the utmost of respect and we treat ALL our customers that way, with respect.

No matter how iTTL tries to skirt around my complaints,attacking my character,professionalism and grammar, the facts remain.

The Company clearly advertises and holds itself out to the General Public as being a Professional Business that aides professional people like myself in growing their business through
referrals and networking . That being said, In their organization, they MAY have lead generating groups that are successful and professional, however, that was not MY experience with this
organization.

In Good Faith, I paid this company $350.00, the annual fee in full. However, the Lead Groups that I attended in my opinion did not perform in Professional manner or in a manner in which is
advertised on the Company's website or in emails that I received.

**The first meeting 6 people were there.(some were 15-20 min late).
pretty significant when the meeting lasts a hour. (Kent location)
**The second week was a holiday.
**The third week I brought a guest/1 person quit (Kent location)
**The following (Tuesday(correction)not Monday)(Renton )
3 people were at the group meeting, myself and two others, both of which showed up 20-25 minutes late, I sat there and waited and proceeded to listen to one member person bad mouth another for the following 1/2 hour....no agenda.
**The following Friday I show up at the Kent location, NOBODY is there or comes, out of 6 people, no one even sent me a email or gave me a call. I waited until about 8:15am

I attended 4 meetings in three weeks in two lead different lead groups and Had the experiences listed above. It was enough to tell me that I didn't Want to belong and that it was a waste of my time and money.

I also believe that iTTL had experienced other complaints due to the Fact that they fired the "membership director" after I sent my email
explaining my experience with iTTL.

iTTL indicates in their response that "No company satisfies EVERYONE 100% of the time" and this is true. However, most businesses would OFFER a refund if a customer or member is not satisfied for a legitimate reason in a reasonable amount of time. It is just good business.

For the $350.00 I paid, I have received nothing of value, I was mislead by their advertising, their "membership director", and group performance/Professionalism. I am due a refund.

I will keep this simple, rather than the rambling diatribe this person contributed. In my opinion this person should clean up their grammar if they want people to take them seriously. This person has NO accountability for THEIR actions. A leads group is a collection of individuals that MUST work together to accomplish results. 3 weeks is NOT a good measure of whether a leads group will work or not, period.

1. Even though this person says that her account contains facts, their account is littered with inaccuracies. Some things this person has stated is simple untrue, which can be verified.

2. It appears to me from this person's account that they did NOT like iTTL from Day 1, so why did they join? That makes NO sense. This person CHOSE to join even though, in her estimation, the groups were horrible and dysfunctional. How is that anyone's responsibility but her's????

3. This person CHOSE to pay for an annual membership instead of paying monthly, in which case we would NOT be having this discussion. That was 100% this person's choice and 100% this person's responsibility, NO ONE ELSE'S.

4. This person makes it sound like iTTL is a HORRIBLE company and everything about iTTL is bad. NOTHING could be farther from the truth. iTTL is a WONDERFUL company and MOST people like us. We have had literally thousands of past members that are completely satisfied with service and thousands who are current members that love how we operate.

NO COMPANY satisfies EVERYONE 100% of the time. For that we are sad, we apologize and yet, there STILL is NO MERIT HERE FOR A REFUND.

This person quit of her own accord.

END OF STORY.

Complaint Resolution: Company resolved the complaint issues, but not within the Bureau's timeframe. The Complainant did not acknowledged acceptance to BBB.

Social Media, Marketing Programs & Services, Seminar Marketing, Coaching - Business, Business & Trade Organizations, Business Promotions - General