BBB Accredited Business since 01/29/2010

Flow Rite Gutter Systems

04/25/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Water flows over the gutter in a specific area and has ruined our decking. Mr. ***** said this is a common problem, but never came to fix the issue.
We purchased 5" aluminum gutter leaf guards from Flow Rite Gutter Systems on June 19, 2014. The crew cleaned the gutters and installed the guards without issue. After the first major rainfall, we noted that there appears to be a blockage along a section above our back deck. The runoff does not flow to the downspout. Instead it cascades over the gutter in a heavy waterfall onto the deck below. The gutter has never been fixed and the decking below is now cracked and damaged from the constant deluge.

I called Mr. Zack ***** after noting the runoff issue during the initial rainfall after installation. We spoke and he said that this is a common issue that could easily be fixed. He said that he would send a crew out during the next sunny period to fix the issue. They never came. I called again and left Mr. ***** a message with all of the same details: issue, location, when we last spoke, etc. He never called back and a crew never came to fix the issue. I left several messages for Mr. ***** with no return call. Finally after about a year, I caught Mr. ***** on the phone. He was pleasant and said that he would send a crew out to fix the issue. I even sent him a video of the area in trouble so that his crew knew exactly where the problem was. He never called back and a crew never came. I again left several message with him to no avail. Finally, on March 14, 2016, I left another message and said that I would be contacting the BBB if I did not hear back. After two years, the decking is cracked and damaged from the constant waterfall due to the poor gutter guard installation.

Mr. ***** should fix the installation issue that is causing water to cascade off of the gutters instead of flowing down the channel to the downspout. Because the decking has been significantly damaged due to the faulty product installation and lack of response from Mr. *****, he should also reimburse us the cost for fixing the decking damaged by the gutter overflow.

OK just let the customer know to give us a call and we can come by and take a look at it for Her

Gutters & Downspouts, Gutter Leaf Guards, Gutter Cleaning