BBB Accredited Business since 03/19/2007

Dee-sign Landscaping

10/13/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The company did not select and put in plants that were originally ordered.
I met with a designer *********. She was informative taking an interest in what my vision was and ultimately going through the computer and selecting all plants that would accommodate my two areas that needed landscaped. She said to call back about ************ to set up the work as it was too late in the season then as the plants were not available.
Contacting her in ******** she informed me she had to substitute some plants. Trusting her I accepted that thinking the substitutions would be of the same design (height, color, etc.).
The work was scheduled for the first week in ****** and upon arriving at my home she said she had to make substitutions again.
This is the first time I've done professional work, but wanted something very special. Originally I asked for an assortment of heights and colors.
What I have are inexpensive low-growing plants for the most part and they did not accommodate for future growth. To make matters worse I have existing hostas they divided and planted in the area as well which will also run into all the new smaller plants. This would be in a bed in the center of the yard.
In my second area which is in front of the house there is nothing that we originally picked out other than one small tree. They have this bed highlighted with junipers that will grow and overtake that area. No plants giving height to the area or flower bearing so no color.
I was going to accept it all and go on, but the cost and fact this ended up pretty much opposite of the original plans I feel I have to go on record of very disappointed service.
I did try to contact the owner (***) on Thursday, ****. She was not in, but did return my call. I missed it, but called again leaving another message and never heard from her again.

I'm really not sure what I want. By rights I feel I should have what we originally agreed upon, but if they're the type of business that would change an order this much and use poor judgment on the placement of plants in their future growth, I'm not sure I want to do business with them.

Contact Name and Title: **** *******
Contact Email: ********************
My name is ****, and I am the owner of Dee-sign Landscaping.

Unfortunately, this can cause confusion with clients that ask to speak with *** (the previous owner). While *** does still work with us, on occasion, it is very sporadic. When messages are left for ***, we pass them to her, and she does what she will with them. I do think she tries to follow up when she can, but she has her own thing going, and it does not involve our company much anymore.

I, personally, was completely unaware of the fact that Ms. ***** was not satisfied with her landscaping. I would like the opportunity to work with her on correcting the issues that she has. The only reason I can think of that this issue has escalated to a formal complaint, is that I was not made aware of it and therefore, unable to correct it.

I have left Ms. ***** a voicemail, with my personal cell# to contact me and set up a meeting. I do hope that she would give me the chance to do whatever I can to create the garden she was envisioning. We all make mistakes on occasion, and perhaps her designer simply didn't fully understand what it was Ms. ***** wanted.

It is our Goal, and has been for the ** years I have worked for the company, to have every client so pleased that they want to refer us, not the opposite.

Landscape Contractors, Lawn Tractor Dealers, Christmas Lights & Decorations, Landscape Lighting, Lawn & Garden Pond Dealers & Supplies, Lawn & Garden Equipment & Supplies, Water Gardens Fountains & Ponds, Fountains - Garden, Display, Nursery Stock Dealers, Gardeners, Landscape Designers