BBB Accredited Business since 08/16/2001

ABCO Roofing, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

06/17/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

left several messages( at least 10) with no response also used contact information on their website.

The flashing at the dormer is leaking with further damaging the ceiling

respond and fix the leaking problem.
Thanks

we did respond to mr. ****** approx. 10 days ago. After a heavy downpour he said it was still leaking. I personally went back to inspect the the roof 6/10/15. The problem is not the flashing. The problem is the trim board covering the siding. It is cracking and possibly rotting. Mr. ****** was ok with us removing some of the wood and installing flashing that was even higher than the original flashing. I explained that if the siding was rotted when we removed the trim board then he would he would need new siding and that would be an extra charge. He was fine with that and we will work on the wall this coming week.

Workmen arrived and investigated and remedied the problem.

12/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Poor workmanship
Replaced roof 3 years ago, we have had some leaks, they came back said it was because of our gutters being full, cleaned. We cleaned our gutters this spring, now we are still having leaks with heavy rain.Hard to speak with someone. Was told that someone would call and set up a time to put a tarp on before the storms tonight, until the rain stopped and they could fix it. NOT!!! I even called and left a message regarding their promise. No response. Now they will come after the rain has stopped.Floor is soaked,ruined carpet, floor and dresser. I would never use them again.

I may have to have my insurance sue them for shoddy work. No telling how long it has been leaking, possible mold in floor.

ABCO met with Mr. ***** around the 16th or 17th. We water tested while he was there. We could not get the roof to leak when water was placed on the shingles. We did get the siding wall to leak when water was placed on it. Put water back on the shingles and the leak stopped. Put the water on the siding walls and the leak began again. Found that the vinyl siding was in the j-channel too tight and needed to be trimmed in order for the water to flow freely. When it rains that hard the water needs to flow freely without any hindrance from the siding impeding the flow. Will come again if he likes and do it again.

We have lived in that house for 16 years, through many a storm and hard rain, NOT until they repaired our roof have we had a leak issue. They forgot to mention that even their men said maybe it needed a larger flashing than what they put on but they would have to check with their boss to see what was "written up" for the job and what he wanted to do. We have since had another roofing company look at it and have their report as to the problem with the roof work. Some man did show up on Saturday Nov. 1. without calling, seemed bothered to even have to be at my house. He asked for my husband who was not at home at the time, told him he would be back in an hour, to which he said he would be on the other side of town by then. He was to come today, Nov. 5th, but of course it is raining. I have prepped my house for leaking water. Will never recommend this company to anyone!!!! I will probably submit the new report from a more reputable company to my insurance company and have them follow up with ABCO.

problem is not a roofing problem but a siding problem. This was proven by an independent roofer when he water tested the siding. Leak is coming from the siding and Mr. ***** saw the water coming from behind the siding four feet ABOVE the roofing job. Since it will not take long, I decided to fix his siding problem .

06/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

ABCO did not remove my gutter guards prior to putting my new roof on therefore damaging the gutter guards and causing them not to work.
After the hail storm in March 2012 I had to have a new roof put on my house. Prior to this, in June of 2009 I had a awning and gutter guards put on my house. The gutter guards had a warranty as long as I lived in my home. I had noticed over the last year debris was getting in my gutters along with birds building nest. I contacted ******* to come out and check the guards since they did have a warranty. I was informed by ******* when the roof was put on the gutter guards should have been taken off. They informed me the caps had not been put back propperly and that the roofers had used nails to reattach the caps as well as had run nails thru the gutter guards to the roof. As a result of this I was told that my warranty was no longer valid and any reputible roofers would have known to remove the gutter guards. I called ABCO roofers to tell them about this and they sent a representatve out that took pictures and said someone from the office would contact me. This occured on April 18,2014. As of this date no one has contacted me. I have called on six different occasions and was told someone would come out or call and neither has happened. Because of the damage to my gutter guards, debris has gotten in my gutters and when it rains the gutters do not drain the water because they are clogged up. This was my whole purpose of having them put on. I felt since ABCO Roofing did a good job on my roof they would make right with the mistake their workers had made. I am very disappointed in their lack of concern or the effort to contact me over a months period of time.

The settlement I am requesting is the cost to have my gutter guards replaced. Clinard Home Improvement has informed me the nails damaged the existing guards as well as the caps put back on improperly and they have to be replaced. The written estimate from ******* **** *********** for the replacement is $1828.00. I am asking for this amount so I can have my gutters back working properly again.

met with customer last week. Problem is not roof related. I took pictures to show this to her and a meeting is set up after she speaks with the gutter installer

05/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

$395 for repair and the next rain water was leaking in the house. Numerous calls with no return. Found out later ABCO ONLY caulked no actual repair.
I agreed to ABCO estimate of repairs based on their expertise. They advised the flashing was the issue. The repairs were done when no one was at home so only their word could be taken. Paid bill that received in the amount of $395 however the next rain which was approximately 4 days later water was leaking in the house. Several calls were made to *** (who gave quote for repairs) whom advised he was waiting for the owner to come back into town and see what could be done. Each call to ***, the date the owner was to return got later and later. Why the owner needed to be involved in a warrantied repair is unknown. When I called main office I was told the owner would a call that day. Of coarse that did not happen. After 2 weeks of no response I had to hire another roofer to repair the leak ABCO was already paid to fix. The new roofer advised us the flashing also was the issue because it wasn't flush to the house. And all ABCO had done was caulk. The leak was repaired by the second roofer. ABCO advised the flashing was the issued as well but they only caulked (probably because no one was at home) After several calls to them to no avail for them to come back out and correct the problem they wouldn't even return the call. I feel like my money should be returned. It doesn't cost $395 to get a $7 tube of caulk.

I'm requesting a refund minus the cost of a tube of caulk and probably $50 worth of labor. And that is being very generous.

We did everything that our proposal stated we would do and Mr.********** agreed. He acts as if he did not know about the caulking. Not only did we respond, my foreman talked to him at his home and told him he had another issue on the roof just above the one we fixed that was contributing to the problem. My salesman called him and gave him a quote for the additional work. My contract states that ANY additional work will carry an extra charge. All of this is stated in the proposal and Mr.********** agreed to this. It turns out he had two problems and we just bid on one. He was shown by my foreman where the other problem was contributing to his original leak. He was quoted for the additional work and never got back to us.

That is a lie. They did come out and advise they thought it may be running down from the gutters. He advised he would let *** know. *** never called. I kept calling and finally got *** whom advised the owner would be in Friday and he would see what could be done. No call Friday. I called with no return call. Talked to *** the following Monday and he said the owner still wasn't back. A few days later I called the office and was told the owner would call that evening. That never happened. I was never given a quote for additional work. That is a lie. I was told when they came out and saw it was still leaking that they thought could be coming from gutters. Now why would I be told he was waiting on the owner to see what could be done. That was because they knew they didn't do the job and quoted work that didn't need to be done. And don't forget the leak is now fixed and it wasn't gutters or running down. It was the flashing not high enough and not flush. So everything ABCO said was incorrect. I want this complaint filed so future clients will beware!!!!!