BBB Accredited Business since 09/13/2005

Molly Maid of South Davidson, Williamson & Maury Counties

11/10/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Molly Maid illegally charged me more than double what they quoted and highly offensive customer service.
I called Molly Maid on October 7,2013 and inquired about cleaning services for a 1200 sq. ft. townhome. They quoted me 1.5 hours of work at $117.00. I authorized this amount and explained to ***** ********** that the property was empty and all I needed was the blinds dusted, the ceiling fans dusted, the kitchen and the bathrooms (2.5 bath)cleaned, and that there was new carpet installed so that there wouldn't be much cleaning other than vacuuming the dust up from the blinds and ceilings fans. The maids arrived at the property on October 9, 2013 a little after 9:00 a.m. My tenants were present the entire time the maids were there. I received a voicemail at 12:53 p.m. stating "Hi **** ********** I'm calling to let you know that the total came to $273 and I'm gonna leave you rates here for the...thank you buh bye." I checked my voicemail when I got off work that evening, drove to the property to see what work had been done and why it was so much. I called Traci the next day to inquire why the rate was almost 150% more than what I was quoted. She told me that the maids said the place was worse than expected and took longer but they tried to call me and leave me a voice mail to get my approval of taking longer than expected. I explained to her that I never received a miscall from them and that the only voicemail I received was when the maids were leaving and left a message regarding the cost. I also told her that my tenants were there the entire time and if they asked the maids to do more, then I needed to know. However, I never authorized over double the cleaning nor did I over double the price and this should have never been done without my authorization. She said that she would have the maids that were there to call me to discuss (this was on Oct. 10th). On October 11th, ******** ****** called me and asked me if I was happy with the services. I told her no I wasn't and explained to her the story. She proceeded to tell me that it was noted on my account that "the tenants requested more work to be done" and "tenants requested the maids to carry things from the upstairs closets down to the kitchen." I told her that I wanted to speak with the ladies that were at the house and she said she would have them call me back as they were not at the office at this time. I asked my tenants what happened and they said that they actually asked the maids to do less and told them to not do the upstairs. This means the maids were only cleaning 600 sq. ft. of an empty townhome and that it was not only highly offensive but it is outright ridiculous that ******** told me that it was noted that my tenants asked them to carry stuff down from the upstairs closets down to the kitchen. Again, this was an empty townhome. I never heard back from ********* nor did I hear back from the maids that physically cleaned the townhome. I checked my bank statement on the night of Oct. 16th and could not believe that Molly Maid charged my account for $273.00 when this amount was NEVER authorized. I called ******** at 8:18 a.m. Oct. 17th, she was on the other line so I asked for her to return my call. She called me back at 8:40 a.m. and proceeded to tell me that they were not going to do anything about it and I had to pay it. This is 100% illegal and I requested her to refund me $153 as I only authorized $117 plus the $3 fee for using a credit card, for a total of $120. There is absolutely no way it tool 2 women to clean 600 sq. ft. of an empty townhome, which was never authorized in the first place. ******** said they tried to call me and that my voicemail was full. My voicemail was not full because the lady was able to leave me one when she left to tell me what the total price was. ******** also said to me "you need to learn how to answer your phone." I told her that since no one was able to get a hold of me the work should have never been done past the 1.5 hours they quoted. ******** screamed at me, slammed the phone down and hung up on me.

******** ****** was the most unprofessional human being I ever spoken with and should be terminated from the company immediately. She did not try to do anything to accommodate this situation at all. I am requesting a full copy of my entire file with Molly Maid, a call log from Molly Maids telephone company for the time period of October 7-18. I am also requesting a full refund from Molly Maid in the amount of $273.00 to my account immediately or legal action will be taken.

Molly Maid acknowledges that there was a communication problem between our office and Ms. ***** concerning her cleaning on October 9, 2013. While we tried to contact Ms. ***** when we realized that the cleaning was beyond the scope of her discussion with our Office Manager, we were unsuccessful in our attempts. Our past experience of leaving a job unfinished but, meeting the limited time restrictions has proven to be disappointing to clients. In an effort to minimize any disappointment for Ms. *****, we continued to clean her home and getting it ready for her new tenants.
We have erred on the side of compassion and will refund Ms. ***** $153. Ms. ***** agreed to pay us for up to two hours of service at $78 per hour plus a $3 convenience fee.

Molly Maid still doesn't have their computation correct list above. However, the credit of &153 is correct and did post to my account.

Ms. *****'s cleaning charges totaled $273. We refunded Ms. ***** $153 on 10/23/13. This left her only paying $120 for her cleaning....the amount she says that she agreed to pay. We did not charge her the $3 credit card fee.

09/06/2012Problems with Product / Service