Arctic Cat Sales Inc

37 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months

03/23/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

2013 Arctic Cat F800 Sno Pro sled purchased new and has clutch issues that the factory has denied warranty on. They have never warranted any issue.
This snowmobile blows belts every 300 miles and the factory knows there are issues with these models of sled. They have released numerous bulletins and none of them have resolved my issue. The are refusing any warranty coverage that was included with the sled. I recommend not dealing with these types of business's that are unwilling to stand behind their products. They should be ashamed of their customer service department.

I want the sled fixed properly!

March 9, 2015

Better Business Bureau of MN and ND
220 South River Ridge Cir

Re: **** ******

Dear ******:

I have again received your letter regarding Mr. **** ******'s concerns with his Snowmobile. I researched this concern and I am sending you my findings on this 2013 F 800 SP snowmobile.

This Snowmobile was purchased by and registered in our system to **** ****** on 2-21-14. Arctic Cat limited warranty is one year and as such the warranty expired on 2-21-15.

I also checked on the warranty claims on this machine and found that we had done one bulletin. Mr. ****** had called in here to customer Care numerous times. Customer Care had explained to Mr. ****** that he would need to put the clutch to assist on the belt issue on his machine but he said as he wanted to use the machine, he didn't want to take it in the shop as it would cut into his riding time.

I had a wonderful talk with Mr. ****** and let him know that if he needs assistance in the future he should call customer care and ask for me. I would personally try to assist him if I can.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your concern and encourage Mr. **** ****** to contact our authorized Arctic Cat dealer if further is assistance.

03/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Premature drive belt failure on a 2014 Arctic Cat XF 9000 Limited snow mobile.
I knew about the 2012 and 2013 belt issues and the dealer assured/convinced me that the issue was resolved with the new clutching changes.
Last year when the first belt blew at about 500 km the dealer laughed and said that was pretty good for a sled so powerful. I replied that I have a friend with a turbo'd Yamaha that has about 100 horsepower more and he got over 5,000 km on his first belt. The dealer handed me the phone number for CatCare that was very handy for him to grab, I was left with the impression that he deflected the complaints to them often. I have now blown 3 - $250 belts with 2600 km on the sled. The same size belt for another snowmobile that I have is $90 from SkiDoo. It's like they don't want to fix the problem because its a money maker when they sell replacement belts. The dealer also suggested that I replace the beltguard as belt debris often damages the Ecu and cowling through the light EOM guard. The dealer was obviously more open about the problem once the sled was sold. When I called CatCare they told me to see the dealer. When I told them the dealer told me to call them, they just repeated that it is a dealer issue. When I told the dealer that CarCare told me to take the sled back to the dealer they told me there was nothing wrong that they could fix and around I go. I have now bought aftermarket belts at less than half the price of the OEM belt but am concerned that if I go for a lengthy ride I will always be blowing belts on the trail, and changing belts is not an easy task. I feel that the ongoing issue is a manufacturer defect that they will not acknowledge even though every year they "improve" the drive system to better dissipate heat, without fixing the over heating belt issue. On the most recent dealer visit I was told there were some 2014 sled with belt issues but there were also some good ones. I asked them how I could get a good one and they laughed.

Since they are unable or unwilling to fix the problem I would like a refund and return the snowmobile.

March 10, 2015

Better Business Bureau of MN and ND
220 South River Ridge Cir

Re: ******* ******* *****
Case: ******

Dear ******:

I have received your letter regarding Mr. ******* ******* *****'s concerns with his Snowmobile. I researched this concern and I am sending you my findings on this 2014 XF 9000 SP LTD snowmobile.

This Snowmobile was purchased by and registered in our system to ******* ******* ***** on 12-19-13. Arctic Cat limited warranty is one year and as such the warranty expired on 12-19-14.

I checked on the warranty claims on this machine and found that we had done one bulletin while unit was out of warranty. His selling dealership had called to get approval to do this bulletin on 2-19-15.

Customer Care had no record of any calls from Mr. ******* *****. I tried to contact Mr. ******* ***** myself and just got an answering machine. I did leave a message with my name and a phone number to reach me but have not received a call back as of today.

I spoke to the selling dealer and they will contact our tech here at Arctic Cat to see if there is any assistance we can give to Mr. ******* ***** and his snowmobile.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your concern and encourage Mr. ******* ******* ***** to contact me or our authorized Arctic Cat dealer if further is assistance.

*****************

09/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a 2012 Arctic Cat Wildcat in 2012 from Los Lunas Motorsports, Los Lunas, NM. In June of 2014 we noticed an oil leak and called the dealer who told us that there was a recall on the gasket on the engine case. They looked up the VIN number and said to bring it in to be repaired because it fell under the recall. A couple of days later they called and said that Arctic Cat refused to honor the recall because it expired in March of 2014. The dealer tried to argue with the company but they stilled refused to fix it. I never received a letter telling me of the recall so I had no idea. I feel there should be no expiration date on something that is a manufactured problem. I wrote to Arctic Cat through there website on 7/24/14 and neither I or the dealer has heard anything from them. My UTV is still at the dealers to be fixed and both I and the dealer would like to get it fixed and out of there. So if you could help me with this issue I would appreciate it.
Product_Or_Service: Arctic Cat 1000 Wildcat

I would just like for them to fix whats under the recall.

July 30, 2014

**************
Better Business Bureau of MN & ND
220 South River Ridge Cir.

Re: ***********

Dear *****:

I have received a letter regarding Mr. ************* ****** concerns with his Wildcat.

I contacted Mr. ************ repairing dealership and they told me that they had been waiting to repair it as consumer said that Arctic Cat would be paying for it. I read them the information that you had sent and original service manager is no longer with this dealership. They are aware that there is no expiration dates on recalls. What Mr. ****** is speaking of is not an Arctic Cat Recall. If it had been a recall he would have been notified by registered letter.

I spoke to the consumer and explained this. I explained that it has been over two years since his warranty has expired on his Wildcat. During those two years he has had no repairs or complaints. I told him that if there was any chance of goodwill he would need to have his dealership contact our techs and ask. Customer Care does not have the ability or authority to do this.

None of the three authorized Arctic Cat dealer sister stores have ever had this machine in their shops for any maintenance even until now.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your concern and encourage Mr. ****** to contact an authorized Arctic Cat dealer or us for further assistance if needed.

08/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my arctic cat prowler in for warranty work, a vibration at 8-12 mph. I was told it was the skid plate. united cycle and arctic cat said rubber washers would be applied to existing screws. I told both companies a skid plate was the rattle not the vibration. I picked up my prowler and it was Jury rigging ((also Jerry Rigging) refers to makeshift repairs or temporary contrivances, made with only the tools and materials that happen to be on hand). the existing screws were removed the holes were bigger and a two inch gasket applied. I was told this was done to pacify me. Work order stated nothing done. two and half months later talked to owner of united cycle told him not to focus on skid plate find the vibration and he did, it was something broke in the rear end of the prowler and it was fixed . I picked it up got a copy of the new work and the old work order and the old work been changed stating I hit a stump and the bolt holes they made larger were stripped was my fault.

the bolts were to big for the thickness of the metal they said arctic cat told them to do this. I have removed gasket added lock washers and lock tite and stainless steel hardware. holes are still stripped due to jury rigging. I want it documented thier repair and suggestions on fixing their mistakes. I'm tired of being jerked around, I'm tired of being lied to, and I would like hassel free results. please have a technician contact me.

July 30, 2014

Better Business Bureau of MN & ND
220 South River Ridge Cir.

Re: ***********

Dear *****:

I have received a letter regarding ***********s concerns with his Wildcat.

I contacted Mr. ***********s repairing dealership and they told me that they been contacted by you also and had responded. They gave me the information on the unit he spoke of and I was able to investigate this further.

I spoke to the Customer Care advocate that had spoken to both Bonnie and *********** about this concern numerous times. They had stated that it was hard to talk to each other while driving together on this Prowler due to the noise. Our Customer Care Advocate worked with both the dealer and our technical department to try to assist our customer.

This Prowler has been repaired under warranty as stated in our owner operator manual. From conversations with the dealer, consumer and our technical department, it seems the dealer has gone above and beyond to try and assist Vince and Bonnie White in all their concerns.

I spoke to Mr. *********** and told him my findings and told him I would notate his concerns under his VIN.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your concern and encourage Mr. and Mrs. White to contact an authorized Arctic Cat dealer or us for further assistance if needed.

04/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My snowmobile has been in the shop 5 times for the heated seat not working, and they can't fix it. I've lost the use of it for 5-6 weeks so far.
We bought a 2013 Arctic Cat CrossTour 1100 for my wife on November 11, 2013. It was a demo, but had a full factory warranty. Since day 1, the heated seat hasn't worked. It has been brought back to the dealer 5 or 6 times, and they have tried replacing the heating element twice, the switch twice, the main wiring harness, and the handlebar harness. The dealer is ***************** in Ogilvie, MN. I believe the dealer has worked hard to try to rectify the problem, but they just can not get it resolved. The machine has been in the shop for 5 or 6 weeks total, and we have missed numerous trips and opportunities to ride because of the problems. I can't wait until the riding season is over because they need to ride it to see if things are working or not.

I have bought 8 brand new Arctic Cat snowmobiles in the last 3.5 years. I have been reasonable and patient with the dealer, but I can't tolerate this snowmobile any longer. The dealer has been in communication with the factory looking for assistance with the next steps. I have asked for the snowmobile to be replaced with a different one (they even have carryover modes of the same year and model), but they won't do that. I am so fed up with this machine, it is very difficult to be an Arctic Cat fan..

I would like the machine replaced with a proper functioning one. I have missed enough riding, the dealer has tried numerous times to fix it and they can't.

I'd like a proper functioning replacement.

April 2, 2014

Re: **** *********
Case: ********

I have received a letter regarding **** *********s concerns with his 2013 XF 1100 Cross Tour Snowmobile that he purchased on 11/11/2013.

I contacted Mr. *********s repairing dealership and asked them to order a new heated seat for his snowmobile.

I contacted **** ********* and explained that I would purchase a new seat to be installed for him on his snowmobile which should alleviate any more issues with it.

We regret that **** has had this experience, but would like to thank you for letting us be of assistance to our consumer.

03/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I bought a 13000 snowmobile from Arctic Cat in 2012. I have 1450 miles on sled and have gone through 6 belts. I called them with no response.
I purchased my 2012 spring ordered snowmobile in September 2012. This sled eats belts like nothing. I have been waiting for a fix from manufacture and they don't seem to have one. I was gonna trade in for a 2013 Arctic cat because they said they had all the fixes for these machines. Instead, they said they would update all the 2012 sleds to make them right. Well, nothing is right. Belts are $180 bucks and they are hitting the so called belt guard and ripping the belts. I had to buy an aftermarket belt guard because the one that came on the sled is mangled from belts breaking. I am very disappointed in the way they have handled this situation. If I get a weekend out of a belt, i would say that is a good weekend. I bought a new sled so I can ride it. Unfortunately, I work on it more than I ride it. They charged me top dollar for this machine and I got a bunch of headaches. I can't even sell it for near what I should because everybody knows these sleds are no good. I called Arctic Cat and got no response. I have bought many new sleds from Cat and loved them. I could ride it without having to carry more than one spare belt. these new sleds are not reliable and they should all be recalled. I go on long trips 4-6 hours away with all my buds, but I can't go with this sled because of the issues. I don't know what else to do, so I figured try the BBB. Please help this disgruntled owner of a 2012 Procross turbo 1100. I purchased it from Hebelers sales and service in Pendleton NY. I paid for the machine in full within 6 months.

I would like to see my sled fixed so it works the way it should. The clutches don't work together and belts balloon and hit guard. Give me the right parts to fix or buy my sled back. Give me unlimited supply of belts as I can't keep putting $180 dollar belts on it.

RE: *****************

Dear *****:

I spoke to Mr. ***************** and Ricky at his repairing dealership. Mr, ***************** will contact **** and Friday and they will then contact me to assist.

***************** will call us again and request me if he has any concerns in the future.

We regret the fact that he has experienced difficulties, but appreciate your bringing the matter to our attention and permitting us to be of service to him.

**** ********
ARCTIC CAT SALES INC

I spoke with **** and she advised me to talk with **** at dealer and I did so. He contacted whoever it is he calls for problems with Arctic Cat on Friday March 8, 2013 and they called back March 12th. I was told by **** they will give me 2 belts. Problem is I have gone through alot more belts than that and still no fix. The dealer did install a new bushing in secondary that allowed me to ride sled that weekend and I went through 2 more belts. **** states in her response to you that I would contact her for any other issues. Well she did not tell me that or give me her contact info. This problem is not an isolated problem and there are many Arctic Cat Turbo owners with this problem. I do not know what else to do. I have gone to dealer, had them look at it, add there bushing, blow more belts. Now What?
$13,000 snowmobile that blows $200 belts and absolutely no trade in or resale value. If there was a lemon law for snowmobiles, I would have done so.
**** told me when I talked to her that she is trying to help me. Giving me 2 belts does not solve my issue. I am very disappointed in this whole situation as I feel I have been robbed of my money. Arctic Cat has NO FIX for these snowmobiles and I am supposed to take 2 belts as a fix.I think the Attorney General should be notified. Arctic Cat has released its 2014 model sleds and says they have done all these new things to make the problems go away. Well what about this 2012 owner with a lemon. Cat should not be allowed to sell there 2014 model sleds without fixing previous model sleds. Period!!!!

I am hoping to hear from **** again as I have no contact info for her.

03/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Danger of Arctic Cat Snowmobile. Fuel line and Clutch issues.
In on Dec. 22nd 2012 I bought a 2012 F8 LX from Kens Sports in Wisconsin. Since then I have had a few minor issues with the sled. However on 2/23/13 I was riding and stopped at a stop sign. My sled shut off. It would not refire. I then removed a side panel and could smell gas. To my surpise I found the fuel line had become disconnected from the fuel rail! Fuel was hitting a hot motor and right next my exhaust. I quickly got the line away from the motor and made an effort to put the fuel line back on. In doing so I recieved a burn on my wrist. I found the hose clamp wasn't tightened. The sled had roughly 250 miles at this point. Last year I almost lost my 2010 Sno Pro 500 to a fire cause by foam falling from the Hood, another Arctic Cat Product. This is my 7th new Arctic Cat. What is going to take to get your quality control better? Someone to get killed on these sleds?

I spent a lot of money with Arctic Cat over the years. In the last year I spent almost $20,000. Riding time is very short with winters being shorter. Last year I lost almost a month of riding due to my sled being down. This year with tunnel icing issues, belt issues, and fuel line issue...more time will be lost!

Burnsville, MN XXXXX

RE: ****** ******
File: XXXXXXXX

Dear *****:

I spoke to Mr. ****** and ***** at his repairing dealership. They will contact and inspect the Snowmobile and contact us if this is a warranty able matter.

****** ******** will call us again and request me if he has any concerns in the future.

****** ******
ARCTIC CAT SALES INC

****** was supposed to call me back. She wanted to speak with dealer and then was supposed to call me back. My tunnel and clutches aren't a concern but the burn I received due the gas line falling off. However all I got out of ****** was she will let QA know. I never got a call back from ****** explaining what to do.

03/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have a 2012 XF 1100 Turbo Snowmobile which I can not drive more then 200 miles on a belt with out having to change it.
I paid over 17,000 for this product which obviously has a major manufacter defect which Artic cat will not own up too or try to repair, I can not drive my snowmachine more then 200 miles with out having to change a belt which here in Canada are 250.00 each. I have 780 miles now on my machine and have blown 7 belts, which other people I ride with have over 2000 miles on there original belt riding another name brand snowmachines, I have contacted our local complaint department here in Canada and spoke to a gentlemen but they still don't have a solution to there problem and just offer more complimentary belts. In the last month alone I have spent over a thousand dollars in aftermarket parts and different belts to try to correct Arctic cats clutch problem, which as a consumer should'nt be spending my hard earned money on a multi million dollar corperations defect.

I honestly enjoy riding the machine,but cannot handle spending anymore money in this product and the fact of changing belts every 200 miles is just pushing me away from the sport. This past season my snowmobile has spent more time at the dealers then on the trails, I would like Artic cat to own up to there mistake and repair this huge problem and reinburse me the money I've spent trying to repair this on my own, or payout the remainder of my loan and take this lemon back.

RE: ****** *********
File: *********

Dear *****:

I spoke to Mr. ********* and Len at his repairing dealership. Len will contact me if there are any other concerns.

Mr. ********* has contacted me and will call me again if he has any concerns in the future.

ARCTIC CAT SALES INC

I appreciate the fact that my dealer is replacing my belts but that's only a band aid fix, I've read on arctic cats website that for the 2014 snowmobiles that they updated the clutches with cooling fins and a different material on the surfaces of the cluthches to dissipate the heat and new side panels for venting. I took a leap of faith with arctic cat buying there new model and have now spent two seasons trying to correct the problem on my own, spending my hard earned money on an issue artic cat should of corrected right away. So what I would like to see happen is every update down on the 2014 be done to mine at no extra charge to me!

02/27/2015Problems with Product / Service
12/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased BRAND NEW Arctic Cat wildcat 1000X about 6 months ago. All it does is BREAK DOWN!
I Purchases a 2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000X about 6 months ago BRAND NEW.
The second time I drove it the belt broke and I had to take it in to service and PAY money for them to fix the belt. I JUST BOUGHT IT!!!
Now the Belt has broken 3 more times and I have only driven it 10 times.
The muffler fell apart, axel broke, Machine was shutting off, The machine sits lop sided, its higher on the passenger side and The place I bought it says they can NOT figure it out.

I don't even want to ride it anymore because EVERY TIME I go out on it then something else breaks.

Last tiem it was in the shop they had it for 5 weeks to fix it. So I pay for a machine that they have or long periods at a time.

I do NOT want this Arctic cat ANYMORE. I want my money bac, its a piece of JUNK!!

What fun is it to have, if every time you go out it breaks down. What did I pay for??

I want my money back!!!!

November 18, 2014

220 S. River Ridge Cir.

Re: ******* ************

Dear ******:

I have received a letter regarding Mr. ******* ************s' concerns with his Wildcat. I researched this concern and I am sending you my findings on this 2014 Wildcat.

Mr. ******* ************ purchased this Wildcat on 12/272/2013 and the Arctic Cat limited warranty on this machine expired on 06/27/2014. While in warranty, we found that there were no claims, recalls, or service bulletins done or required on this machine. There was no Customer Care calls or complaints made by consumer to us until this letter.

I spoke to our technician here are Arctic Cat and Patrick at his repairing dealership and he will assist Mr. ************ if he needs assistance for any warranty repair. Patrick told me that he would have contacted us if he felt that any concerns were warranty related.

I spoke to Mr. ************ about this and his extended service contract with the company ******************. I told him that he could contact the company and gave him their phone number. I explained that they could tell him what was or wasn't covered under his extended service contract. ****************** sends an inspector out to check on the repairs of their consumers and as such they are very through with their warranty inspections.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your concern and encourage Mr. ************ to contact our authorized Arctic Cat dealer, his extended service company, or us for further assistance if needed.

ARCTIC CAT SALES INC

First of all. The BELT KEEPS BREAKING ALMOST EVERY TIME I TAKE THE MACHINE OUT! There are a bunch or forums with people complaining about the same THING!! The belt of COURSE IS NOT under warranty!!

So I paid almost $300 to the company on the first belt that broke in a Very short period of time, so of course I am NOT going to keep spending $300 at the dealer to fix the belt after I spent 24,000 DOLLARS!! SO OF COURSE THEY WILL NOT HAVE RECORD OF IT, BUT PATRICK KNOWS I HAVE HAD MANY ISSUES WITH THE BELT BREAKING BECAUSE I CALL HIM TO COMPLAIN EACH AND EVERY TIME!!

The machine is also lop sided AND SITS higher ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND they said they can NOT figure out why!!

If a Machine breaks almost every time i drive it then what the point of having it!

Also **** NEVER gave me any number or info, that IS lie!!

i SPENT ALL THIS MONEY ON THEIR MACHINE AND IT JUST KEEPS BREAKING AND OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T REALLY CARE!!

**** said she was gonna do some research and call me back and NEVER did. I would NEVER buy another Arctic cat and NOW I will be putting reviews ALL over telling people NOT to buy from them.

They don't want to do anything about it. I will now also go to the attorney General to make a compliant.

December 5, 2014

220 S. River Ridge Cir.

Re: ******* ************

Dear ******:

I have received another letter regarding Mr. ******* ************'s concerns with his Wildcat. I researched this concern again and have still the same findings.

Mr. ************ purchased this Wildcat on 12-27-13 and the limited warranty did expire on 6927-14. While in warranty we again confirmed that there were no service bulletins, warranty claims, recalls or customer calls or complaints, concerning this machine.

As I explained I spoke to our Arctic Cat technician who works with Patrick, Mr. ******* ************'s service manager at his dealership and Patrick assured me he would assist Mr. ************ if he needs assistance for any warranty. Repair. This is outlined in the owner operator manual that Mr., ************ received with his new wildcat. Patrick was very adamant that he would have contacted us if he would have felt there was a warranty issue.

I have been unable to reach ******* ************ by phone but will leave the number for ****************** on this correspondence. ******* ************'s dealership also has this number as they were the ones who assisted him in the purchase of this extended service contract.
The number for ****************** is ************ but he will need his VIN number to access this .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your concern and encourage Mr. ************ to contact our authorized Arctic Cat dealer for further assistance if needed.

03/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

2011 Artic Cat F8 Sno Pro Limited.. purchased new Vin# *****************. Contacted customer service 5 times with a question with no call back 3weeks?
I am or at least have been a loyal Artic Cat customer for many years. I purchased a new 2011 Artic Cat F8 from **************** in Rosendale NY 10/23/10. I had had nothing but problems with this sled. The 1st year I was unable to use the sled do to a constant EPC code reading that would put the sled into a "safe" mode as soon as I reached 55mph. I returned to the dealer at least 5 times (1 hr away) and was given 5 different excuses each which were wrong and costs me over a thousand dollars in fuel and time. The 2nd year I brought the sled to a new dealer ********* in Poughkeepsie NY.. Excellent Dealer but unfortunately he passed away last Summer and the dealership has closed down. He did the recall to properly fix the EPC code reading and he also replaced the starter under warranty.. **************** also replaced the starter during one of my many visits. I live in the northeast and due to limited snow last year I only used the sled once. This year the 1st time I took the sled out the starter once again was not working. Starter number 3 and it was only used a few times. I was unable to bring it to the dealer and attempted to contact Artic Cat customer support at least 5 different times leaving messages and speaking to support staff asking them a very simple question.. What should I do? the dealer is closed and all service records were lost. After 2 weeks of no return calls I brought the sled to *********** Motorsports ****************** New Windsor NY 12533 (845)********.. They found that the reason I have had to replace the starter 3 different times was that the starter was not properly aligned. Each time the starter was replaced no spacers were used most likely from the factory and the starter was sitting crooked causing it to vibrate loose. The entire nose of this almost new sled had to come off to shim and place the starter in evenly.. Its finally fixed correctly after 3 years costing me $676.32. All I wanted from Artic Cat was a simple phone call back as a loyal customer.. but that was too much to ask..

Reimburse me the $676.32 for fixing the starter the way it should have been fixed the other 3 times
or
refund me the $11,00.00 for the sled for all the problems and lost time.. I'll go buy a Ski-Doo.. maybe they will think enough of me as a customer to give me 2 minutes of there time and return my phone call

February 26, 2013

RE: Al *******

Dear *****:

I spoke to Mr. ******* and the service manager of his repairing dealership, ***. He will inspect the Snowmobile and contact us if this is a warranty able matter.

We apologized to Mr. ******* for the delay in contacting him back sooner and he will call us again and request me if he has any concerns in the future.

ARCTIC CAT SALES INC

The customer service dept. at Artic Cat is the WORST I have ever had to deal with. I have had better dealings with companies that outsource to India. All I wanted from the Artic Cat customer service dept was a return phone call with regards to a recall and warranty issue I had addressed at one of there dealerships that had closed down suddenly because of the death of the owner. The owner/operator was one of the best, honest, hard working guys I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. I am loyal to Artic Cat because of him but unfortunately that will change because of the customer service dept. As originally stated in my complaint I left over 5 messages over a 3 week period and never receive one phone call until I filed a complaint with the BBB. The legal dept with Artic Cat advised me to have my sled inspected at another dealership to inspect the repair, which I did.. Than after speaking with the legal dept they said the would contact the dealership and call me back... Ironically enough, know one called me back and after a week I contacted them.. They said I should take this matter up with the dealer...Awesome... I don't know what to say... Dealing with Artic Cat reminds me of the US Govt.. Overpaying for a product than when there is the smallest problem everybody finds someone else to blame

03/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

2013 CAT 1100 Turbo LTD XF blows belts every 100 miles. Many updates still no better walked home too many times...bad purchase poor repairs as per cat
2013 Artic cat 1100 Turbo XF LTD blew my first belt at 42 miles on easy break in(snapped in half)I then used my spare which lasted to 110 miles. I called the dealer brought it in and they said all looked good?? I then picked it up and drove it another 80 miles and blew another belt, took out the cheap unsafe belt guard(all bent and was un-usable and damaged my side panel. Called the dealer again and dropped it off and they said my clutch was binding as per artic cat rep( they said they seen a few) so it was changed complete. I pick it up and went another 50 miles and blew another belt and bent the guard all up once again(boggles my mind they put such a low budget cheap china made guard that cannot even survive one belt failure let alone 8. I call the dealer again(by the way are very nice to deal with)and they said please bring it in again since their is a new update in the clutch we replaced last week I said what?? How can this be it's brand new they didn't know that before they let me leave with it he replied I guess not? So, back to the dealer again the the update and then I picked up the machine three weeks ago and had a trip planned and blew 4 belts in 500 miles with a current odometer reading of 887 miles so a total of eight belts and the current one is about to fail due to cording This is BS I have owned many high end sleds in the past and never did I see this before and I am very unhappy with this product and I think it is very unsafe to drive anywhere in cold temperatures and not to mention dangerous if that belt guard suffers a big blow and higher speeds it will not protect me. I should also mention that we are two other guys in the group that have identical sleds and they are all the same CHRONIC BELT FAILURES and we never ride together since their is always one at the dealer. My guess is that their is some very poor engineering and I was led to believe that their TCL techologie break threw they had pasted in all the snow magazines was the best thing since sliced bread and that it kept the clutches aligned with the engine at all times. Boy was that a lie since if it were true I wouldnt be writing you here in this post. So I sit here with a snowmobile that cost over $17k and I cannot drive it anywhere since we are waiting for the next fix from Artic Cat (as per dealer) this is unacceptable period.

I would like a new snowmobile like the one I purchased without belt failures every 100 miles as well as a belt guard that works and that does not have to be bent back to shape or thrown away upon a POSSIBLE BELT FAILURE. I would like conformation that testing was done by cat engineers so I can assure at the least 2000 miles on a belt which I think is realistic being a high HP snowmobile as well as the guard being safe for multiple use. This snowmobile is fun, looks great, rides smooth but I cannot own such a vehicle and it's too bad because cat had it by the bag until the decided to stop thinking when it came down to safety and possible belt failure. They have forced many people around here to change brands since 2012 and it's too bad for the dealers that suffer since cat obviously made money again for 2012 which boggles my mind that they do not take care of their clients in a dying sport

February 26, 2013

RE: ************

Dear *****:

I spoke to Mr. ****** and the service manager of his repairing dealership, Leonard. Canadian Consumer Affairs had reimbursed Mr. ****** as good will for three of his belts already. The dealership had taken care other parts as goodwill for consumer also.

Mr. ****** has said he had been on the internet and they were all unhappy with our snowmobile clutches and belts. I explained that if he had any problems with his Snowmobile his dealership would be happy to assist him. His dealership works very closely with our technicians and if there are problems they will assist.

ARCTIC CAT SALES INC

I am not happy since the issues causing chronic belt failure has not been found. After speaking to a few dealers that attended the thief river falls dealers meeting it has been confirmed that their is flaws within the design causing belt failures and that they are working on a fix. This is my second procross chassis a d this one is worse in belt failure then my 12 was. I have lost confidence within this snowmobile since it has broke belts while crossing roads and very close to train track crossings and I would like a 14 model since I believe the Yamaha partnership will make this chassis much more reliable due to the obvious changes to the sister viper model. If this cannot be met I would like a complete refund since this snowmobile is unsafe and unreliable and your techs have had multiple attempts to repair it via your feedback and updates that did nothing for me. I do not think Sudbury boat should be responsible to financially help me since they have been great and this is not their issue its yours cat. Please come up with a solution if u would like to retain a client and other cat purchases to follow. I do realize that things are never perfect so here is your chance to make that happen. Regards ************

01/31/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I recently purchased a 2012 Arctic Cat F8 LXR and its been in the shop sense 12-27-12 to date, do to the primary clutch that went bad witch is on back order and witch only has 5.9 miles on the snowmobile. I've been on the phone everyday for the last 2weeks calling corporate and witch i was ignored but finally got threw. Arctic Cat refuses to compensate me for any inconvenience that they have caused me do to there lack of quality and craftsmanship and says i need to talk to the dealer because its under warranty and for me to find out why its on back order and that the dealer should of placed an order for the part. Witch the dealer did place an order for the pat the day i dropped it off while i was standing there and i feel its not my responsibility to find out why its on back order or why its taking so long. And Arctic Cat said that they are not reliable for any compensations for any inconvenience and that i need to take it up with the dealer witch the dealer that i took it to is not where i purchased the snowmobile. the dealer i bought it from is an hour + away and the dealer i took it too is 10 minuets away and was good enough to honor the work so i cant give them any heat for it.I just find it absolutely ridiculous that it has taken this long and i feel Arctic Cat needs to take on the responsibility in seeing that costumer satisfaction is met.I just want Arctic Cat to know that i have been a long time loyalist of there product and was finally able to buy a brand new snowmobile from you to only be treated this way is unacceptable and WILL NOT be tolerated by me and you will hear me out!! And lets not forget me being slandered by others while being towed back home...very humiliating and embarrassing.I couldn't hang my head far enough even if i wanted to.

Compensate me in some fashion for all missed trips and lack of ridding time or trade me a new snowmobile of same make and model that has no problems.

January 29th, 2013

220 S. River Ridge Circle

RE: ************ ****

Dear *****:

This unit is a 2012 F 800 LXR US BLK, purchased on 11/29/2012 and the warranty will expire on 11/30/2013. When sold, Full Throttle Motorsports, the selling dealership provided an extended service contract promotional offer from a company called Cornerstone, to this consumer

Mr. **** did contact our consumer affair group in the past and our Consumer Affair person said that our warranty only covers repair not compensation. If there was a back ordered part we always recommend that the dealer contact his tech. or marketing coordinator, here at Arctic Cat to see if there is anything they can do.

I spoke to both the selling dealer and the repairing dealership; both were unaware that there was any problem with the wait for the part. Both **** and ***** said that they would have tried to contact Arctic Cat if they had known there was a problem.

I was able to speak to *********** myself today who has since picked up the snowmobile and had the opportunity to ride it. He said it was running great. I told him if he had any questions in the future to contact us and we would try to assist him or the dealership he is using.

In closing I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention and letting us be of service to our consumer. We do try to be attentive and mindful of our consumer needs. We and our authorized Arctic Cat dealership always try to go above and beyond when it comes to assisting our consumer and hopefully promoting further patronage.

ARCTIC CAT SALES INC

On 1-29-13 I received a phone call from Arctic Cat, in concern of my complaint with the BBB and told me that the dealership should of put my part I needed on a rush delivery but yet it was on back order, and that Arctic Cat is a "on time delivery" but you can't be on time when something is on back order. And didn't even go as far as to apologize for any inconvenience and was very pushy to get off the phone with me. No compensation was met.

04/23/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Machine is a lemon.
Purchased 2012 F1100 Turbo #4uF12SNW9CT126795 Date pick-up machine Dec.23,2011 from ******* ***********. Dates with issues are as follows Dec. 27,'11 reverse went out;had to be towed had it repaired.
Jan.,'12 next trip blow a belt,purchased new one replaced it; the next day blow the new belt with less then 50 miles on it. Took sled back to dealer on Jan. 20, picked it up on Jan.27, '12.
Next trip Feb. 08,'12, Axle bolt broke,hyfax was gone machine wss smoking. Had to be towed. Took machine in had it worked on while on my trip. Fixed the problem at ************** in Hancock, Mi. Left to catch up with my friends who had gone ahead blew another belt.While changing the belt saw that helix was now broke. Had to wait on trail for friends to return to tow me back to truck. Took sled back to dealer on Feb. 10, '12. They fixed secondary clutch, checked railes and front arm bolt replaced idle wheel for the second time. Picked up on 02/18/'12. Went on trip to Upper Pensisle Michigan, on 02/26/'12. This time machine got very loud, pulled over 3 bolts on exhaust were missing and muffler had popped off and melted side panel of machine. Again to the repair shop. Next trip on March 05,'12 machine this trip had a vibration that I could feel. Had my brother drive it said he felt it too. Started back to my truck, machine kept popping into neutral, could barely go 20 miles per hour. Had to be towed back, again. Ihave owed Artic Cats machines along with family members for numerous years. I have never had so much trouble with machine before. During the time that I owned this machine which was 91 days; I had it in the shop 40 days. ******* has done everything they could to keep it running. They had no replacement parts for these machines and they had to take parts off of other new machines' just to keep mine going. Besides all the trouble and the constant hauling this machine back to the shop which is not in town. I had to travel 60 miles oneway just to have it repaired and my time, gas are worth moey too. This machine is a lemon and will probably always be one.

Replacment of this machine with the exact same 2013 model(F1100 Turbo) machine.

April 20, 2012

220 S. River Ridge Center

RE: ******* *********

Dear *****:

This will acknowledge receipt of your letter. We are concerned with the circumstances that prompted your letter and have researched your concern. I contacted Mr. ********* by phone to discuss his letter he sent to Arctic Cat and the letter you have sent. I contacted ******* *********** his authorized Arctic Cat dealership and spoke to *** who services his Snowmobile.

While I understand Mr ********* has had repairs done to this snowmobile, Arctic Cat has paid for all under warranty. We have sent out a letter to our consumers upgrading their 2012 reverse to a 2013 model reverse to be put in at our expense this fall. We have also offered a full year extended service contract for our consumer who have been inconvenienced.

Our technician at Arctic Cat has also paid for a belt for this consumer on 3-14-12 even though belts are not considered a warranty able item. Mr. ********* wanted Arctic Cat to trade him a new 2013 snowmobile for his 2012, I explained to him that we do not do this as we honor our warranty and we have not even built our 2013 models yet. He then went on to say that he used to be a racer for Arctic Cat and wanted a ''racer discount'' on the purchase of his next snowmobile. I again told him that we could not do that and if he was interested in our race program he would have to apply to the race dept.

As with any mechanical product, it is hard to troubleshoot them by letter. So much is lost by not being able to really see exactly what the issue is but ******* performance is a very good dealership and they will assist Mr ********* in all his repair needs.

Regards,

***** ********
Arctic Cat Sales Inc

Unsatisfied with the response. When I talked to **** at arctic cat and she said that there are many people with the same snowmobile in the U.S and Canada that are not having any issues with their snowmobiles. I did get the letter about arctic cat replacing the reverse this fall. And Arctic cat is giving everyone that has a f1100 an extended warranty because if the reverse issues. The reason I talked to **** was "NOT" about the reverse. Its was about the other issues I had with the sled and how many times the sled was in the shop. (see letter) Even tho we had a short winter (lack of snow) I drove to areas that had snow. Out of about 90 possible days to ride this last winter my sled was in the shop for more than 40 days. The snowmobile was towed in (back to the truck) 4 different times. Good thing I was riding with somebody to tow me back. I even asked **** if they had trail side assistance. My car and motorcycle has it. **** said, "no". What I told **** was I don't trust this sled. I have know faith in it. It left me stranded more than once. I don't know how an extended warranty will help me when I'm 50 or more miles from anything out in the middle of know where. **** even asked me how loyal of an arctic cat owner I am. I told her I'm 44 years old and I bought my first arctic cat back in 1989 and since then I've owned 16 arctic cats. Not counting used. When I talked to **** about when I used to race on arctic cats race program I explained to her that when I had an issue they would helped me out a lot more than they are now with this snowmobile. Arctic cat knew they had a few issues with the 2012 snowmobiles. Arctic cats new 2013 snowmobile now has over 12 NEW updates, not counting the reverse issue. I'm just concerned about this snowmobile for this up coming winter season. I can't imagine going another winter with a $13000 snowmobile being in the shop several more times again. Yes I did ask **** for a New 2013 snowmobile. I just want a trustworthy snowmobile that I can ride by myself without being towed in. I think a NEW 2013 replacement snowmobile is the only satisfactory outcome for this problem. If this was a motor vehicle licensed by the DMV it would already meet the requirements for the lemon law. Thank you, ***** *************

Snowmobiles, All-Terrain Vehicles