Twin City Heating & Air, LLC

07/11/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company messed up installation of AC unit costing me $540 to fix.
I had Twin Cities Heating and Air come out to service my AC under a home warranty. They determined that the unit needed to be replaced which it was. However I did not know that they failed to replace a cap on a valve inside the coil which caused all of the refrigerant to leak out of the system. When I called the company to have someone come out they told me it would cost $95 to have someone come and investigate it (this was less than 1 year after the installation was done). They did not offer a warranty to come and look at the issue first. I found another company who came and looked at the issue for $80, and $540 later they had the issue fixed. They said that Twin Cities Heating and Air should have a warranty on their service, but the company has not returned my phone calls or emails. Definitely would not recommend this company to anyone.

It would be nice if the company would refund the money I had to spend to fix an issue that should have never happened. I was not offered anything from them to help resolve the issue but instead felt like I got a cold shoulder from them. I could understand no help from them if the issue was something that was out of their control but this is something they should have double checked before leaving my house.

We provided service for American Home Shield Mr. ******* warranty provider. Mr ****** had a bad compressor, the warranty company allowed us to replace the out door condenser unit only. We provided this service and the customer paid a $60 deductible required by Home Shield and a disposal fee of $75. the A coil inside was not approved by his warranty company. So his inside coil was not serviced or replaced. We can only provide service on what his warranty company OKs. However at that time it was working, but it was older and would eventually need replacement. I am however sorry for the confusion. It does sound like Mr. ****** still received a brand new install well below market rate. When Mr. ****** called which was only once we quoted our standard trip and diagnosis of $89.95 to come out. If we get out their and find out it was a mistake in install we would waive the $89.95. And if he looked in his warranty contract with American Home Shield, they actually provide the equipment and the warranty. He said he dropped his warranty coverage and did not want to pay the trip charge. He got mad and did not set up. I understand his frustration in the situation, but we are not to blame. We explained the situation and offered a solution which was promply refused.

So would also sincerely hope that he can reavaluate his complaint and realize it lacks merit.

Sincerely:

Twin City Heating and Air

Twin Cities Heating and Air is correct in that they replaced the compressor, however they also replaced the coil unit on June 29th, 2011. They were onsite a total of 3 times to do work. The first time on 6/8 to diagnose the issue. The second time on 6/24 to replace the compressor and I was informed at that time that the coil needed to be replaced as well. This work was done late in the day on 6/29. The old unit that was removed was rusted out and according to the installer "incompatible" with the new compressor that was installed. The coil was replaced on June 29th when there were 2 installers at my house in my basement for about 2 hours doing work.

When I called the company I was not given an option of having them come out and waiving the fee. Instead I was told that I did not have a warranty because the work was done under the home warranty. I paid for the home warranty (almost $1000) for that service. The fact that the AC unit cost less than market value is beside the point of this complaint. I called and left a voicemail for the company on a friday afternoon to notify them of the new problem and did not receive a call back. It took 3 more calls to get a person on the phone which is when I was told I did not have a warranty. I was informed that I needed to contact the home warranty company to get the warranty of the unit transferred, (I did not refuse service from Twin Cities Heating and Air) but when I called the home warranty company they said I had the warranty already transferred to me. I also sent 1 email to the Twin Cities heating and air through their website which was not returned.

I am not sure if the installers did not document the number of times that they were on site or the work that needed to be done as I was not given any paper work from them, but I know they were on site 3 times to do work. I would suggest Twin Cities Heating and Air review their paperwork as they should have a schedule that shows where their installers were, and what work was performed.

Mr. ****** is mis informed we replaced the Condenser not the compressor. The compressor is one component in the condenser. As far as equipment goes and the brand make or model we are not in control of nor do we order this equipment. However for any make or model Mr. ****** paid way less then market value. But this issue is between Mr. ****** and his Warranty Company. Again we did not purchase Mr. ****** equipment the warranty company did. So their for the warranty company is completely responsible for Mr. ****** equipment. In fact the only reason this is an issue at this point is because Mr. ****** dropped coverage and know wants twin city to cover his equipment issues. We also did not replace Mr. ****** indoor coil, where the issue was specified to be, in the first complaint. As far as the $1000 dollars paid to the warranty company , we do not receive this money the warranty does. This is also a fee paid to the warranty company to warranty, several appliances in the house that are not being mentioned. We did offer service and Mr, ****** when he called explaining an issue. He did not set up, so I don't see how that is excepting our services. In fact if he had still had coverage with his warranty company he would still have had to pay a $60 Deductible. We have a trip and diagnosis fee of $89.95 which was refused. So as far as I can see, it is completely an unfortunate circumstance that is now being taken out on us. When we installed the Condenser it was working well, in fact it worked good for the entire summer while we were working for his warranty company. As far as the number of times being out there, the unit had blown a capacitor the first time and we replaced it. The compressor and condenser started running and cooling. We told the home warranty company it was old and should probably be replace, they asked if it was cooling now we said yes but didn't know for how long. They said their policy is to repair not replace unless it does not run or cool. The 2ncd time the condenser was not working at all. The 3rd time was replacing the condensor. Mr. ****** is right about being there 3 times, which in my opinion shows we followed the rules & policies, that were set in place by his warranty company. And it also shows we are willing to back up what we do when it is truly our responsibility. I feel that our company is being attacked out frustration with his warranty provider. And the fact Mr. ****** dropped coverage. We did not purchase this equipment we did not get paid to warranty this equipment and are not the warranty company. If Mr. ****** had purchased our equipment and our installation we would be warranting everything without question. But this is not the case, so I do not see a resolution at this point.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Heating Equipment, Heating Equipment & Systems Cleaning & Repair, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair