BBB Accredited Business since 04/16/2007

Dependable Movers, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

10/16/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Damage due to movers
My Sears Craftsman chest was damaged...wheel broken and chest dented. damage to my computer desk and file cabinet. The final move and delivery was May. Loy the owner and I have relayed several txt re this. They tried to replace the wheel ( to large) and her daughter came about three weeks ago and picked up the wheel and took measurements. Also she gave me a $ ck for the broken swarvoski piece (which) I have not cashed. The piece cost $ This has been going on for over three months now.

Replacement for wheels were broken and chest dented... Damage to Computer desk and file cabinet I have original box the cost was $ Although other items were damaged these three items are my concerns.

This customer changes her complaints anytime there is communication. We have tried on several occasions to replace wheel on the old chest and she is either gone or someone is coming to visit. We absolutely did not break her small piece which I wrote a $ check for. I paid $ for something we did not do. This client is hard to communicate with. We do have the right size replacement wheel for the tool box. We will be glad to put it on if we could sat up a definite time and her not change it. Obviously a plastic wheel wouldn't crumble off the coaster if it was not old. She also called and complained about her real estate agent (of which agent was one of the owner's of the firm). I sent my daughter over for several days to help her unpack and did not charge her for any of it. There is no pleasing this person.

1. Changes complaints: My complaints has not changed.

A. When movers arrived the tool chest was turned over....movers even said that it was tied down but something happened during the move. Yes it was my late husbands tool chest
B. daughter was here and unwrapped and found the broken pieces! (Ms. kept all crystal and etc. and brought it to my home after the move and her daughter unpacked and even took pics for her mother to see of the broken fins. The piece and fins were wrapped in paper and broken.

C. I did have all the original boxes for my but they were in the attic and not available during the move. After my move I found the boxes of all my crystal and with the prices on them and then gave original box so Ms. could replace it.

D. I have the note that brought to the house on July from Ms. stating that the ck was for a old lamp that I didn't care for....she than measured the wheel on the chest.. I sent another txt to asking about the chest and reminding her that she unwrapped the crystal. NO RESPONSE BACK. one of Ms. employees had been here in the past trying to replace the wheel but it was to large!
In closing nothing mentioned about the damage to my computer desk and cabinet (which the movers and Ms. saw) I had to move the desk to another area so that it would not be obvious.
This lady is totally irrational and untruthful. She has been threating a small claims court. I have witnesses including, but not limited to, her real estate agent several movers, my daughter, her neighbors and other workers that did work for her. I find it odd that this person has so many complaints and I get calls almost daily telling me what a great job my movers did. You cannot deal with someone that says one thing and 60 seconds later she says something different.

She sent the crystal flat small fish home . The two fins (which she is referring to) were in the box that she had in the attic. I actually went and bought some clear glue to glue the tiny fins back on but I just stopped and thought to myself, this is ridiculous, I did not break the tiny fins off her fish.

The only part that is true is that the rubber part of the wheel (believe it must have been dry rotted) did break off from the tool box being loaded and we did get the wrong size. We have the right size now and contacted her at first (not lately) to put the right wheel on and she is going somewhere or someone is coming. Also she showed me an inexpensive small lamp (which she herself said was cheap) and said we broke it. She also said not to worry about it. One day she is good with everything and the next day it changes.

The days she tied up my trucks we were not able to work and that was actually a very fair fee for tying up our trucks for days. Our movers have families - no truck - no work!

We have the right wheel and would like to send someone to put the wheel on the tool box.

THANK YOU BBB----COMPLAINT RESOLVED....MAYBE NOT TO MY SATISFACTION.....OK....

08/03/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Stolen items, poor customer service, broken items.I used this company because they were locally owned, which I support. Two movers were hired to move me but 3 showed up. The third was not an employee of the company but was just a friend of one of the movers. Two of my cameras and additional camera products were stolen. (Only one camera was returned to me). My items was broke because the movers only used one person to carry it and it needed two because of it being fragile. I told them that, but I was ignored. My ****** mattress ,which was under warranty, is no longer under warranty because the movers got stains from the truck that they were using. It was not a company issued truck, it was a rental truck from a differ company. . I contacted the owner in regards to my complaint and I haven't received any acknowledgement back from her. I would like a reimbursement for my camera and camera items that were stolen. The driver of the truck was rude. The second guy was very friendly .

I would like to be reimbursed for my small camera that is missing along with all of my camera equipment that is missing.

We did this move on Oct *** ***** On December *** **** I received an email from her stating she was missing her ****** camera (please see attached emails from her. We were cleaning out the storage facility and found her camera that an employee had cleaned out the truck and set it on a shelf in the back of our storage facility and didn't bother to tell anyone.I immediately contacted her and told her how sorry I was and promptly mailed it to her. I have not heard about any of the other things until I read this complaint. After receiving her ****** canon camera she then emailed me and changed it from one camera to two cameras and equipment! We do rent trucks for out of state moves. I am sorry she was in a bad situation and very unhappy. She had also told me that her brother in law would be there to receive her furniture and now she is saying she drove 2 extra hours out of her way. We move mattresses every day - it just doesn't sound right that movers refused to put covers on, stained her mattresses and now warranty won't cover?? We are hard working people and always try to do what is right. I am sorry she thinks we were unjust. We did this move for a total of ********* from ******** TN to ********, GA.

09/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Dependable Movers attempted to connect our washing machine during a move and the result was a flooded kitchen and ruined hardwood floors. At the end of a successful move by Dependable Movers, one of the employees attempted to connect our washing machine without our request and unknowing to my wife or myself he failed to connect the drain line, the washing machine began draining and flooded our kitchen ruining the hardwood floors in the kitchen. We immediately reached out to Dependable Movers and was told Dependable Movers would not be responsible for the damage.

Customer admitted it was a great move. It clearly states in the Pre-move Confirmation letter, which the customer signed. That we will hook up appliances if asked to do so, but we are not responsible for any damages. Our Employees did what they were suppose to do and there was not negligence on our part.

Movers