BBB Accredited Business since 08/01/1990

Airport Honda

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

10/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I bought a vehicle, and dropped it off for detailing & body work. They didn't have time for body work so I had to come back. I went to pick it up after work and the front bumper was popping off. They told me they would have it fixed by the next day. I received a call saying they had to order brackets. When he was finished he asked me what I thought. I asked if there was anyway to close the gap on the front bumper & he said that's the best I can do. I left & came home to further inspect my car only to see the opposite side was starting to space & the paint was cracking. I would like a new bumper cover that fits properly and is not damaged in any way.

Customer purchased the vehicle and took delivery with no work promised. customer later said that the door was making a popping noise, would we take a look at it. We took care of the popping noise and customer started mentioning other things. In the meantime (co buyer) brought the vehicle to our service department and had work done saying that they we promised the work from the sales department. The service adviser failed to check and had the work done without a charge to the customer. There was no work promised after delivery. We have tried to help with what they need. I have a Work Authorization Form signed by the customer stating that Nothing is owed to them. At this time
we can't do anything else.I will do the work that the customer are asking about at our cost. We want all our customers completely satisfied and we realize there are times in which this wont happen.

07/30/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Misdiagnosed issue on automobile. I scheduled an appointment because the car was running hot. The service advisor said the fan needed to be replaced. I had to pay ****** for the part to be ordered. Appointment was made for the following day to install it. *** was installed and charged another ****** for labor. 3 days later while drivingthe car ran hot. *** could not open the hood because the mechanic at Airport Honda snapped the cable and broke it. When I called Aitport Honda I spoke to ****** who was very rude and refused to put a manager on the phone. They still have not returned my call and have no problem charging ****** for parts and labor without resolving the problem.

Refund

The actual work that was done at Airport Honda was completed on ******* The customer didn't call with an additional problem until ******* The fan wasn't working and needed replaced. There could have been more damage the was unforeseen as a result of the overheating. We will repair the latch if we can see the vehicle to do that. We feel that nothing was done incorrectly.

As stated numerous times the vehicle was not driven until the *** of July. After driving for two hours and it overheated if was reported to your incompetent employee ******* There was no communication from the dealership until his complaint was filed. Again the offer to fix the hood latch is something that can't be honored. I live in a different state and there is not an option to bring the vehicle in. Although the dealership feels it did nothing wrong I feel they did NOTHING right.

06/01/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I traded two vehicles and paid cash for a vehicle through them. They pulled a hard credit pull from the credit bureaus even though I borrowed no money. I was promised by the salesman that a credit inquiry wouldn't be pulled from the credit bureaus because I wasn't borrowing any money from them. They pulled one anyway after I already purchased the vehicle outright. I would not trust this dealership in future dealings.

Remove credit inquiry from the credit bureaus. I was told that no inquiry would be done and I wasn't interested in borrowing or financing a vehicle through them.

We have a customer info sheet and a risk base signed by customer acknowledging that we pulled his credit info. We went over his score with him. I am not sure the credit bureau will remove it.

09/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I cancelled an extended service warranty that was originally purchased for a automobile in the amount of $$$$ on July through the dealership. To date Airport Honda will not refund the $$$$ purchase price for the extended warranty resulting from the auto. The warranty company indicated that any cancellation up to 30 days would be refunded at full purchase price. Warranty Services. ****** indicated that they have closed out the file on August and that the return of funds would come to myself or the lienholder. The dealership still has not returned the $$$$ from the warranty cancellation to myself or to the lienholder which was over one month ago.

This has been processed. The monies should be refunded
to customer fairly soon.
Thanks
Chris

07/04/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I leased a white 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Dec. 2010. I went back to your agency in May (2013) to upgrade during Honda's promotion. I told the salesman I wanted the same type of Odyssey (EX-L w/ Nav) but different color. The only thing he had on the lot was a white or black one. I wanted either silver or light blue. . He said he could get one in a day or two. That was fine with me. At his request I made a $1000.00 deposit at that time. He called me two day later and said that he searched in an eight state area and could not find one , but would keep looking. He called again and said that he had found what I was looking for, but it was 500 miles away and it would cost ME $600.00 to get it here. I told him no deal and that I would keep the 2011 as my lease was not up until Dec. 2013. The only reason I was trying to get a new car was because of Honda's promotion. This was May 22, 2013 and I was leaving on vacation on the 24th. When I got back home there was a voicemail from Mr. stating that he had a Silver Odyssey, and to call him. I called and again told him that I was keeping my 2011 and ask him to return my $1,000 deposit. He said would have to check with his supervisor. The supervisor (don't recall his name) called and emphatically said that I would not get my deposit back. I did not receive any product from your agency therefore the $1,000 belongs to me.
Twice I have requested you to return my $1,000 deposit and I still have not received my deposit. I felt you gentlemen operate a respectful and honest business or I would not have done business with you in 2010. Do you want this stigma on your agency's reputation? It certainly is not fair and honest dealing. I made my $1,000 to you in good faith. I hope that you will bring this deal to a close soon by returning my $1,000 deposit.

My $1000.00 good Faith Money

He will need to come to Honda with the credit card he used and I will refund credit his card back.

Auto Dealers - New Cars