BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 08/01/1990
Phone: (865) 970-2300Fax: (865) 970-6426
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||2|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||3|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|10/10/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage
Complaint: I bought a vehicle, and dropped it off for detailing & body work. They didn't have time for body work so I had to come back. I went to pick it up after work and the front bumper was popping off. They told me they would have it fixed by the next day. I received a call saying they had to order brackets. When he was finished he asked me what I thought. I asked if there was anyway to close the gap on the front bumper & he said that's the best I can do. I left & came home to further inspect my car only to see the opposite side was starting to space & the paint was cracking. I would like a new bumper cover that fits properly and is not damaged in any way.
Initial Business Response
|07/04/2013||Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices
Complaint: I leased a white 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Dec. 2010. I went back to your agency in May (2013) to upgrade during Honda's promotion. I told the salesman I wanted the same type of Odyssey (EX-L w/ Nav) but different color. The only thing he had on the lot was a white or black one. I wanted either silver or light blue. . He said he could get one in a day or two. That was fine with me. At his request I made a $1000.00 deposit at that time. He called me two day later and said that he searched in an eight state area and could not find one , but would keep looking. He called again and said that he had found what I was looking for, but it was 500 miles away and it would cost ME $600.00 to get it here. I told him no deal and that I would keep the 2011 as my lease was not up until Dec. 2013. The only reason I was trying to get a new car was because of Honda's promotion. This was May 22, 2013 and I was leaving on vacation on the 24th. When I got back home there was a voicemail from Mr. stating that he had a Silver Odyssey, and to call him. I called and again told him that I was keeping my 2011 and ask him to return my $1,000 deposit. He said would have to check with his supervisor. The supervisor (don't recall his name) called and emphatically said that I would not get my deposit back. I did not receive any product from your agency therefore the $1,000 belongs to me.
Business' Initial Response
|11/30/2012||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair
Complaint: Made an appointment to have the dealership check out the shaking in my wheel. Was advised it was fixed after service completed.
Business' Initial Response
Auto Dealers - New Cars
3069 Airport Highway
Alcoa, TN 37701(865) 970-2977
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Greater East Tennessee. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Airport Honda is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (865) 970-2977
- (865) 970-7920
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for Auto Dealers - New CarsBuying a New Car
Dont Fall Victim to Enticing Auctions Ads for Cars!
Purchasing a Car Online
Spot Delivery Complaints are on the Rise
VIN Cloning Swindles Luxury Car Buyers
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.