This business is not BBB accredited.
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
View Business Review Inquiries
On 9/24/2015 this business's accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to its failure to adhere to the BBB requirement that Accredited Businesses meet and abide by the following standards:
- 5A. Fulfill contracts signed and agreements reached.
- 5B. Honor representations by correcting mistakes as quickly as possible.
- 6A. Promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB by:
- Resolving the complaint directly with the complainant and notifying BBB, or
- Providing BBB with a response that BBB determines:
- is professional,
- addresses all of the issues raised by the complainant,
- includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and
- explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
- 6B. Make a good faith effort to resolve disputes, which includes mediation if requested by BBB. Other dispute resolution options, including arbitration, may be recommended by BBB when other efforts to resolve a dispute have failed. BBB may consider a business' willingness to participate in recommended dispute resolution options in determining compliance with these standards.
- 6D. Cooperate with BBB in efforts to eliminate the underlying cause of patterns of customer complaints that are identified by BBB.
- 8A. Avoid involvement, by the business or its principals, in activities that reflect unfavorably on, or otherwise adversely affect the public image of BBB or its accredited businesses.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Green Home Energy Specialist was a BBB Accredited Business for one year but continues to display the BBB logo on its website. Use of the BBB logo is reserved for current BBB Accredited Businesses. BBB sent two letters to Green Home Energy Specialist, requesting that the logo be removed from the company website and any other advertising or marketing materials. The business did not respond. The Council of Better Business Bureaus considers the unauthorized use of any of BBB trademarks to be a major violation of BBB advertising standards,. The business's BBB rating would have been revised to an F rating, but the business was already rated F due to complaints to which the business did not respond.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for GreenHome Energy Specialists, LLC include:
- 19 complaint(s) filed against business
- Failure to respond to 3 complaint(s) filed against business
- 5 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
- Length of time business has taken to respond to complaint(s)
- Unauthorized use of BBB name or trademarks
Factors that raised the rating for GreenHome Energy Specialists, LLC include:
- Length of time business has been operating
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||17|
|Total Closed Complaints||19|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Dept. of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs (f/k/a Department of Labor and Economic Growth)
P.O. Box 30018, Lansing MI 48909
Phone Number: (517) 241-9288
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Business ManagementMr. Kevin Harrow Jr., Owner
Energy Conservation Products & Services Energy Audits Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling Kitchen Remodeling Gutters & Downspouts Contractors - Gutters Siding Contractors Storm Windows & Doors Doors Doors - Commercial Roofing Contractors Contractor - Insulation Construction & Remodeling Services