BBB Accredited Business since 09/12/2014

Groove Mazda (Headquarters)

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Misrepresentation of auto. Refund policy. Danger to public health. Not reporting drug activity to authorities.
Upon driving the car initially after purchase I had a severe allergic reaction with swollen eyes, a skin rash, a difficulty breathing. I had to take perscription allergy medication and asthma inhaler several times to subside the reaction. This is a box type SUV that, after speaking with some law enforcement agents and medical professionals, I believe had methamphetimes manufactured inside it. The dealership was closed the next day. I called first thing Monday and received no call back for hours, so I took the vehicle in Monday afternoon. The sales manager, sale person, and finance manager all stated that this was false, and I should continue to drive the car, despite having a severe allergic reaction and it would eventually go away. I had to make a very big scene and finally they agreed to take the car back but charged me $499. This is a hazard to public health and safety.

Refund of $499. Taking auto off the market. Reporting to proper authorities.

Customer Came in and test drove and purchased vehicle on 3/22 and signed the dealerships $499 return policy. On 3/24 customer came in to the dealership in the P.M. stating that vehicle had a smell to him that was causing him to have a reaction to it. Customer was given the option to let us try to get the smell out of the vehicle, and if we could not we would wave the $499 return fee. Customer declined to use that option so the fee was charged to the customer. There is no documentation that shows the reaction he had was due to the vehicle. Four different employees in the dealership have driven the vehicle with no reaction.

The dealership repeatedly refused to put the terms of their verbal "offer" to remove the smell and waive the fee in writing. The only offer in writing was the $499 fee, which is what I was bullied into taking in the back office to protect my financial liability for over $10,000 on a car that was not safely drivable.

This was, as stated, a severe allergic reaction in which I had to take prescription medication to stop. I do have pictures documenting the skin rash and swollen eyes, taken within the dealership that afternoon. I also have multiple witnesses that have inspected the car and observed my reaction to it.

This is not an appropriate response to my complaint and shows that Groove Mazda is still unable to take this complaint seriously. This is a dangerous position for them to take, had I had a child, elderly person, or someone with compromised health in the car this could have had lethal consequences.

After a long discussion with the customer we have came to an agreement with the customer and feel the resolution has satisfied the customer.

03/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Groove Mazda refuses to repair a car we leased from them until we buy a new set of tires from them at a cost of $750.00. We advised them on multiple occassions that we would be willing to get new tires for the car (assumming that what they were telling us was true - that b/c the treads on the tires do not match exactly, all 4 tires have to be replaced), but that we were not required to buy tires from them under the lease. Therefore, we requested that they fix the car per the warranty so that we could get the tires at COSTCO where we prefer to have this done. Groove has us trapped, though. They won't fix the car until we buy the tires from them. They originally said we could get the tires wherever we wanted, but they won't fix the car, so we can't take it anywhere to have the tires replaced. This seems like a scam. Because they have you trapped, there is nothing you can do but buy the tires from them so they can make money. How many customers has Groove Mazda done this to? We have incurred substantial costs and distress as a result of this game they are playing. We have had to rent a car and we are still be charged our monthly lease rate for the car sitting in their shop that they won't fix.

Cost of tires, rental car costs and reimbursement on lease for days without car.

This was a misunderstanding. Customer thought we could replace his PTO and he could drive it to have the tires replaced without damaging it but this is not the case. He did have the option of replacing the tires first and then having us replace the PTO but since it was only necessary to replace 2 of the tires. We replaced his 2 tires at his expense but we replaced the PTO under his warranty. Customer is satisfied and so are we.

08/26/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Deceptive "MISC SHOP FEE" added to service invoice and refused to honor quoted price for work item.
I dropped my car off for an oil change, providing an official MazdaUSA coupon for $24.95. While it was being serviced, they called to let me know about $300 of (unrelated) additional needed repairs, which I authorized. For these additional work items, I brought in a MazdaUSA coupon for $30 off repair items of $200 or more.

When picking up the car, I discovered that not only did they seem to "lose" the oil change coupon and not charge the quoted amount ($35.35 instead of $24.95), but they also added a vague $23.88 "MISC SHOP FEE". When I challenged that, they claimed that this is a standard fee to clean up dirty rags, etc. No other repair shop that I have ever used quoted one price at drop off but then add in a clean up charge. When I further questioned this charge, claiming it was deceptive and fraudulent, they said that they told me there would be additional tax and shop charges. That may have been the case, but it doesn't change the fact that this is deceptive to quote one price for the work but leave out some unstated additional clean-up charge.

Simply to refund this deceptive MISC SHOP FEE of $23.88 and the $10.40 oil change coupon discount.

Here at Groove Mazda we take our philosophy of YES very seriously.We try our best to quote prices to the penny when possible.Customer was contacted and concern was resolved to both of our satisfaction. Nothing intentionally deceptive happened. Training issue with service advisers have been resolved as well.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************,

I responded to/closed this case online but am following up with this email. The company resolved the matter satisfactorily. Thank you!

*****