BBB Accredited Business since 02/01/2012

Midwest Seamless Gutters

06/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Midwest quoted a work order in November of 2012. Included in that work order was to tear off the existing sideing, wrap with 1/2" core board, cut our a 2" strip in the soffit around entire house for ventilation and a few other non issue items.
As the work progressed, they had not cut a 2: strip but rather just cut multiple huge holes in the soffit. They had not torn off the existing siding and they used 1/4" core board.
I talked to the sales rep **** ****** from Midwest and he told me he would look into it. He called me back and said they hardly ever do a tear off and he doesn't know why he wrote down a 1/2" core board because 1/4" is standard and they never use 1/2". Even though when he reviewed the invoice with me he continually stated 1/2" as if it was no mistake.
I then asked for some type of credit, since they are not using labor for a tear off, which never happend, and using a reduced thickness core board. He responded with, "No. Because we all labor costs would remain the same and he only 'made a mistake' on the core board."
When the work was completed, I had some other issues. During the work, they had split the garage trim, but instead of replacing it, they nailed it back above and below both splits, to try and hide the mistake. I brought it to their attention. They did replace the trim, however, they replaced it with a colored trim that does not match the house. I told them that was unacceptable and that issue still has not been resolved.
After the work, I had air drafts blowing into the house from the corners of all the windows. These windows were recently new by ******* When calls went unanswered by Midwest, I had Kobyco come out. They stated the weather sealant had been stripped on the outside and not replaced. I had to have Kobyco reseal all of the windows.
I had talked to them about a gate latch they had removed from the house. We came to an agreement, that we would wait for the weather to be warmer so I could trim the gate to be flush with the house and then reinstall the latch. I came home to find the latch installed off the gate. When the gate is trimmed back, it will not line up and I will have holes in the new siding to move the latch.
They ran one of the new downspouts in a different direction and up against a retaining wall. With the sudden warm up and freeze we experienced, there was no place for the water to go, which then backed up and caused an ice dam along the roof line. This has caused a few shingles to be be pushed up at the roof line.
They reinstalled a motion light inproperly. When it was not working, I took it apart to find they had reinstalled it with no weather seal and it was not even screwed into the electrical box. One of the wires was not secured tightly and had slipped out and was not connected. This had also caused an arc and burned the rubber wire coating.
I also have bable wire hanging loose and not retucked under the siding.
They have yet to give me any paperwork for the lifetime warranties or product information that has been requested numerous times.
I had half a pallet of extra supplies sitting at the house until just last month. I had called them 3 times to have the supplies picked up. I, eventually, had to call the supply company myself to have the supplies removed. However, when I asked Midwest about the abundance of material and if there was any credit for that, I was told "No, because they supplier does not issue credits and it has to go sit in their (Midwest) warehouse. I found this to be untrue after calling ABC supply.
Some of these issues could absolutely be dealt with one on one if they would return my phone calls. However, I'm tired of trying and I feel their salesmanship was all lies and their customer service is seriously lacking.

I beleive I should be reimbursed the difference of the work, supplies and labor quoted vs. the actual work, supplies and labor used.
I would also like to be reimbursed for a new motion light, new garage trim, any roof damage from the backed up drainage, and it would be nice if my own labor was covered for having to fix their issues.

***** ***** <********@yahoo.com>
Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 7:11 PM
To: "*******@chicago.bbb.org" <*******@chicago.bbb.org>

Yes, they fixed the issues and reimbursed me for the difference on Thursday. Thank you for your help.
***** *****

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Gutters & Downspouts, Windows - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors, Contractors - Gutters, Gutter Leaf Guards, Gutter Cleaning