BBB Accredited Business since 01/31/2013

Midas Auto Centers-Rockford

08/20/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My 2007 ****** *** needed new brakes, pads and rotors. I took it to *** **** on July 18, 2013. They replaced the front pads and rotors for $251.54. Within two days, a loud rubbing sound was coming from the front passenger side of the vehicle. The sound occurs while in motion, with or without the engine on and transmission in neutral. I took the vehicle back to *** on July 22, and it was diagnosed as a bad wheel bearing. The manager stated that it was NOT the brakes as he personally performed the repair. I refused to allow them to repair this at the time. I sought a second opinion at Midas in Rockford immediately after. I informed them that I just had brakes done and there is a loud rubbing sound. They also state it is a wheel bearing. However, on August 18 I had the wheel bearing replaced by my brother-in-law, whom was stating that there was no issue with the wheel bearing but replaced it anyway as TWO shops stated this diagnosis. However, the sound remains. I spent 89.99 on a part based upon their "expert" advice.

Refund of the part I replaced based upon their advice, 89.99

The consumer indicated ONLINE that the business responded to this complaint to his/her satisfaction. He/she also stated:
The manager contacted me and I no longer wish to pursue this complaint.

Auto Repair & Service, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Brake Service, Tire Dealers