BBB Accredited Business since 02/01/1986

Stikeleather Realty & Investments

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

06/17/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

***** told me to get my personal effects to come back come back all was gone i want them back
replace my tools etc

replace my personal effects immediately or pay me for them

We spoke with ******** regarding his complaint.

At no time was ******** instructed to leave any personal items remaining on the property. He elected to leave personal items in an outside utility building, and instructed us to donate those items to a needing organization. ********* had just been given a relocation check in the amount of $2,300.00 to vacate the property with all of his personal items. He signed an agreement. Public record will also show a call for service from the police department from a neighbors call resulted in the detaining of a suspect who had broken back into the property after ********* had vacated the property. That person of interest was a guest of ********* while ********* was an occupant of the property. The subject was released, ********* was informed, and he informed us that he would withdraw his complaint with the BBB.

Regards,
*****

first of all there was no check of 2300.00 it was 1600 randy is ** ***** son in law i was told by randy i could come back and get my things out of my storage building later. i returned in two hours and the building was locked i called randy and he said sorry. i have the paper work to prove the amount of the check the personal effects were taken by the people who cleaned out the storage building and the property was not broken into randy gave me a key then took it back also randy told me the appraiser called the police for the record i want my things back is all i want my meds were in that building also.the house is still deeded to me i just looked it up for the records also my ex wife

Our error; the check amount was $1,600.00. The tenant did sign a paper that all personal items had been removed. If he left items in a storage room, he did so at his own risk. ******** did not contact ********* until, Monday, *** 18, 2015. Not two hours after the vacate time, which occurred on May 15, 2015. A key was never given to ********. The police were contacted because of the break-in. There is a public record regarding the police response.
*The deed was recorded to ********** on May 01, 2015. See attached tax record.
*See "Release Of All Claims" signed on *** 15, 2015.

06/09/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Well I had paid my rent late twice and ********* is still assisting that had a outstanding balance and I only been late two times while I'm renting from him. I have paid the balance and I have my receipts showing that I had paid this balance twice. He is making my rental history look like I had a balance that was unpaid for about four or five months. I just want him to acknowledge that I have paid this twice. I do have my receipts about this matter.

I would like to receive the 220.00 that I have paid twice.

Dear Sir/Madam;
Attached you will find the rent ledger sheets and other documents. If ************ has any receipts for payments that have not been posted, I will correct. I am not aware of any problems, but I am giving ************ a 30 day notice to move since her lease is month-to-month. This is not because of the complaint, but she has not given any notice to move and I am receiving rental reference inquires. I will not lie on rental reference inquires. I will correct her ledger if we do not have all payments posted, but I do not believe this is the case. If you have any questions, please call me at ************.
*****************

I have sent you a forward email from ***** where I spoke with ********* office about his matter. I showed him the notice that was sent to me stating that I owe 913.00 on September 9, 2014 when he initially stated that I owe any fees for the rent being late. My rental history shouldn't show any balance reoccurring. I have attach the first notice as well as the notices showing my previous matter. ********* is stating that he not aware of many problems. I have spoken with him about this matter. My family and I are trying to move and this rental history shouldn't be this way. I would as well like to receive the 220.00 that I have paid twice. I have given ********* notice that my family is trying to move. I just don't know now if ********* must have forgotten about the notice that I am trying to move. I feel that I am not a bad rental to the point where he wants me out in 30 days I have only been late twice out of the year as I've been in the rental property.

*****

The reason I am asking the tenant to move is because I want to sell the property. ************ can't decide what she wants to do, so I must. I have now received the 30 day notice and I am giving her a good reference. She still has not paid this month's rent and I have noted this on the rental reference request.

I thought ************ was satisfied, as I told her in the past, that if she had payment receipts not posted on the ledger; I would correct. It is her responsibility to provide this information. I have sent her copies of her rent ledger.

I do not want an unhappy customer as you can tell from my past record.

*****************