BBB Accredited Business since 04/17/2013

Aker & Company

11/06/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Did not follow up on promised repair to resurface of counter top and squeaking tub.
******** installed 2 new bathrooms in our home. This included everything from plumbing, electric tile, vanities, paint and tubs.Final payment for work 7-10-14.He has a 2 year warrenty on his labor. He came back one time to repair tub unsuccessfully.

The fiberglass tub he installed squeaks. The grout in the floor tile in the master bath is coming out. There are scratches on the vanity top in the hall bath.

I have made several attempts to contact him to resolve these issues with no response.

Return and repair grout, tub and vanity top to my satisfaction. If they are not repaired properly then replace them.

I repolished the counter top before job was complete was looked at by homeowner and told was ok. there were more scratches to the counter top after job complete. I have resanded and repolished the counter top. As for the tub I had made an appointment to adress the issue the homeowner could not be there that day. A second appointment was made and I had a family member that had to have an emergency operation .I contacyed the homeowner and let them know and advised I would reschedule as soon as I could. to this date I have addressed the issue it is a manufacture defect and tring to get manufacture to replace the tub. If manufacture has a problem with replacing the tub I will replace the tub myself.

There was no mention of the grout in the master bath that needed replacing. He did replace some of it but still has some to replace. He said this would be done on the revisit for the tub replacement. The last coversation I had with him he said he would call back after the 13th to reschedule. I have not received that call yet. I would like to leave this coplaint open till after the work is complete.

I do not want to close this claim until it has been resolved. I'm still waiting on some type of communication from the contractor about completion.

The homeowner was contacted on the 28th of october after I completed the job I was on as I promised. On the 29th of october I replaced the tub however the tub was not the problem. he had problems with his sub flooring. I fixed those issues for the homeowner at no charge. I had appologized about the couple of small grout joints that had a crack in them and addressed those when I was there replacing the tub. I showed the homeowners wife the problems with the floor and showed her there were no more squeeks in the floor or the tub after i finished replacing the tub.

Home Improvements, Windows, Siding Contractors, Sunrooms & Solariums, Deck Builder, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling