In Southern Piedmont/Charlotte, NC

BBB Accredited Business since 03/07/2012

Carolina Extreme Clean

11/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: Crew improperly refinshd wood flrs;pntg incomp.;did not protect surfs;used personal equip. improperlyw/o permissn/instrctn;noregard4hous;dust;no shows
FLOOR/STAIRS: Drum sander marks on both bdrm floors and hallwy. Areas of floor show debris not swept/wiped away before poly finish; Toe molding not refinished; Wk done w/o proper lighting; Wood filler not used as rqstd; Stairs need more coat of poly. Newl post abraded thru stain & smudged w/paint; Gouge in bdrm floor; Trim piece from stairs is missing. This was removed in order to take to store to match stain, and was kept near stairs for reattachment, but cannot be found.

PAINT JOB: Purchased bdrm dr not rehung/painted;pantry door not painted on other side;bthrm ceilling line not sanded/pntd;bdrm doors sticking/not closing d/t paint; touchups at wood beam incomplete;stain on painted surface @ 1st ****;

SURFACES: Bay windows not covered/protected during sanding of floor and touchup work on walls and ceiling resulting in mud/paint drops & abrasive dust on finish. Ceiling fans not covered during sanding/touchups, resulting in a coating of dust that needs to be cleaned. A drink was set down on bay window seat leaving a water ring that collected sanding dust. Crew used personal shopvac improperly and w/o permission/instruction. It was not equipped with a bag or filter, and when it was used, all of the dust being swept up just went back out into the rooms. Crew did not assess lighting conditions of house in order for work to be done properly. The house was basically empty due to an eviction. Little lighting was available and cloudy weather conditions most of the time did not help. I pointed this out to the owner after painting had begun, and a Halogen light was brought in for some of the work, but not all, and this light or any additional lighting was not used during the sanding/staining. A personal lamp was broken early in the painting job.

NO REGARD FOR HOME: Early in job, crew leaving spent cigarette butts in yard and porch. This stopped after providing ashtrays, except for deck upstairs where cigarettes were put out on deck railing and left. Upstairs deck was left with sanding dust that looked like the sander had been dumped outside. Pieces of sandpaper from hand sander (mouse) were left on deck also.

DUST: Could have been minimized had crew left coverings on bay windows and fans, and not used the shopvac improperly. Piles of dust remain on the perimeter of the floor due to sanding touchups of the ceiling.

NO SHOWS: Work was held up on two Saturdays for this reason.

This complaint is completely misconstrued and fabricated to a ridiculous point. I can not believe people actually take complete advantage of people and still sleep well at night.I will be taking legal actions to the fullest.

It is unfortunate that things did not work out to either of our expectations. We deny your claims of our attempts to falsify the issues here. As a result of the problems, we have had to spend significant money to fix or finish the issues stated in our complaint We have stated our case, and do not want to present additional material to validate our position.

From the beginning the quoted contract price was cut many times by almost $1500. They kept coming up with reasons why they should keep getting a price cut. They kept stopping my workers from working and doing their jobs. We did a lot of extra work for them with out payment. They did not pay contract amount anyways. How do you take pictures of fabricated things in order to prove your case. They denied a full clean from the original quote. Would not let our guys complete the work at the end. Would not let us touch up any work. Would not let us do our job plain and simple just so they could stiff me on the contract amount. They have obviously done this before to other contractors. We had the floors looking perfect with the color that she had picked out then didn't like the color. They kept walking on the floors between coats of stain and polyurethane. So she had our guys sand down the floors again all together and did not want to pay for it. She added a week of work when she kept changing colors after we had finished the work. She used our guys tools while she tried to be miss fix it. She told them they could use the shop vac. I would buy one for her since now that's a big deal for her to prove her case. She didn't bring the new door until after she said we were not coming back to do a final wipe down and touch up. The lamp that got accidentally broken because of where she placed it got paid for. It cost me money to even do the job. I lost out and now they want to slander my companies name. This is not right and not fair. The pictures are fabricated. The pictures I have are not fabricated. I will let the lawyers hash it out. I was going to let it all go and take a loss understanding that you will get those types of customers trying to get things for free. Now that my name is being slandered, I think legal action is required. The only reason they put a complaint in the BBB is because they thought I was going to sue them so they are trying to make their case stronger to be prepared. I don't understand what else they are after. They have received close to $2500 of free work and deductions.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

Carpet & Rug Cleaners, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Cleaning Services, Pressure Washing, Mattresses - Cleaning, Mold & Mildew-Inspection & Removal, Drapery & Curtain Cleaners, Carpet-Water & Smoke Damage Restoration, Painting Contractors, Carpet Installation, Drywall Contractors, Carpet & Rug Repair