BBB Accredited Business since 10/18/2013

Lundgren Honda

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

04/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had purchased a car from Lundgren Honda of Auburn and immediately told them that my keyless entry pad was broken. They failed to fix it as promised
I had bought a 2013 Ford Fusion from Lundgren and before I had signed papers I had pointed out that the keyless entry pad to the car didn't work due to a crack in it that was already there. After being told not to worry about it that they would fix it for me, I bought the car.. To my surprise they later told me that they would not fix it because I didn't say anything about it before. I had called the ma I was working with and told him several times and left several messages about it only for him to tell me that it wasn't his problem anymore. I bought the vehicle on Febuary 20,2015. They shouldn't have been selling a car that wasn't completely working in the first place and now they are telling me it's not their problem after I have repeatedly made it known that I wanted it fixed because that's how the car was then I came into it. The vehicle warranty was until 36,000 miles which I have reached in that amount of time since I have bought the car. However they told me it would be fixed and not go against my extended warranty that I had pit chased because again, that's how the car was when I bought it.

I want my keyless entry pad fixed at no charge to me like I was promised when I bought the vehicle.

Ms. ******* worked with management to resolve issue.

09/26/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

dealership has totally messed up deal and erroneously paid off wrong amounts on trade in causing traded vehicle to not be paid off
i traded in two cars for one, and financed an extra 6K to pay off upside down loans on traded in vehicles. for two weeks i have been calling and texting and leaving voice mails, none of which have been addressed.
it appears they sent wrong checks to wrong banks to pay off cars, causing one to be overpaid( i would think ) and one to be underpaid and loan not closed and now i am in arrears and compounding interest on a car i dont possess.

i feel like i have been robbed for $4964.52 plus interest and penalty if not handled quickly.

dealership said they sent payment overnight on monday 5/13/2013, yet as of thursday 5/16/13 car is not paid off.

i think i have been violated and lied to, and if i retain counsel I would imagine triple damages would be applicable. $4964.52 x 3 = $14,893.56 plus interest and late charges if applied

Mr. ********'s poor customer service does not reflect the values of the management staff at Lundgren Honda. This issue has been addressed and resolved internally while not in a timely fashion. The BBB did have incorrect contact information on file. By August, Mr. ********'s pays offs had been long resolved. He was contacted by our customer manager ***** ******** who resolved his remaining items. Mr. ******** had one outstanding item in regards to his deal - the installation of a clear edge guard which he now knows can be installed at anytime so long as he books the appointment ahead of time.

02/06/2014Advertising / Sales Issues
03/28/2013Delivery Issues
03/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

TEST DROVE 2012 ****** ** AND NOTICED SHIMMY IN STEERING WHEEL-ASKED SALESPERSON TO HAVE TIRES BALANCED.
I PUT A DEPOSIT ON VEHCILE THAT NIGHT BUT DID NOT GET VEHICLE UNTIL 5 DAYS LATER. SALES HAD E-MAILED ME BEFORE THE DELIVERY TO TELL ME A WORK ORDER FOR THE WHEEL BALANCE WAS PUT IN. WHILE DRIVING THE CAR HOME THE NIGHT IT WAS DELIVERED THE SHIMMY IN THE STEERING WHEEL WAS STILL THERE. I CALLED BACK AND REPORTED IT TO THE SALESMAN AND SERVICE DEPT. GOT AN APPT THE NEXT DAY AND HAD THE SERVICE MGR TEST DRIVE IT WITH ME. HE SAID HE FELT THE SHIMMY AND WOULD KEEP THE CAR OVERNIGHT TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM.I WENT BACK THE NEXT DAY TO GET THE CAR AND WAS TOLD THAT HE FOUND A BEND IN THE RIM AND BUBBLE IN THE FRONT RIGHT TIRE AND REPLACED BOTH. HE SAID THE SHIMMY WAS STILL THERE BUT NOT AS BAD-HE SAID IT WAS PROBABLY THE ROAD CONDITIONS AND THAT A REPAIR ORDER WAS NEVER WRITTEN PREVIOUSLY TO BALANCE THE TIRES. AS I WAS DRIVING HOME I COULD STILL FEEL THE SHIMMY. CALLED THE SERVICE MGR BACK AND TOLD HIM I COULD STILL FEEL THE SHIMMY BUT WANTED TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP OF MY CHOICE TO GET IT CHECKED OUT SINCE THEY DID NOT CORRECT PROBLEM AFTER I REPORTED IT TO THEM 3 AND ****** THERE SAID THE WHEELS ARE OUT OF ROUND AND THE TIRE PRESSURE WAS LOW ON ALL 4 TIRES. I ASKED LUNDGREN TO REPLACE THE OUT OF ROUND WHEELS AND PAY FOR THE 4 TIRE BALANCING BUT THEY REFUSED. I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD BUY BACK THE VEHICLE BUT I WANT THE PROBLEM FIXED INSTEAD. THEY SAID IT IS NOT A SAFETY ISSUE AND NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. I ALSO CAUGHT THEM CHARGING ME MORE SALES TAX THAN WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE AND TRYING NOT TO GIVE ME BACK THE DIFFERENCE FOR TRANSFERRING MY PLATES WHEN THEY CHARGED ME FOR NEW PLATES. I WANT 4 NEW WHEELS AND TIRES BECUASE THE OUT OF ROUND ISSUE CAN DAMAGE THE TIRES AND WANT TO BE REIMBURSED FOR THE BILL FOR KELLY'S TIRES.

4 NEW WHEELS AND TIRES AND REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE INVOICE FROM KELLY'S TIRES.

We have a file full of interactions and emails with *****. Long story short, we did some work on ********** after the service manager when on an extended test drive with the customer. After that work, ***** continued to believe there was something wrong with her car despite us being able to find anything else wrong. She then took the vehicle to ******** tires in ******* ** where they suggested that 4 new Michelan tires where what she should buy.

Our service manager called the owner at ******** to discuss the vehicle. During this conversation the owner of ******** noted that they had never test drive the car. Which seems like they are actually the ones trying to take advantage of her - so with out any conclusive evidence we can not "fix" a car we can not find anything wrong with.

On ********* in email, we offered to buy her out of her car and if she wanted to - we would help her get into another car her. She could also opt to be refunded what she purchased the car for. She declined. We can not fix something that we can not diagnosis as wrong and that is what she is asking of us.

Thanks,
*****

All wheels on the vehicle are out of round and were tested by ******** **** which is a family owned respectable business -to prove this. This is causing uneven wear on the tires. The front end shimmy has been there the whole time and is still there and I want the wheels and tires replaced. ******** is not a wheel and tire expert and after taking the car back 3 times for the same issue they should have come to the conclusion that the wheels and tires should be replaced. They just do not want to spend the money to correct the issue. If I have to take is somewhere else to prove this -I will. No one is taking advantage of me except Lundgren Honda.

Lundgren Honda made her an offer, despite us being so sure there is nothing wrong with her car. We would have refund her the entire amount of her vehicle, at which point she could walk with the money or she could purchase any other one we had in stock. She opted not to take advantage of what we offered.

We have a 5 day refund policy and 30 exchange policy with all vehicles sold at Lundgren Honda. This offer had been made outside the terms of that arrangement in a gesture of commitment of customer service at that time. Now, at this time, we are no longer able to continue a offering that deal as we do not know to what extent the vehicle has been driven which could drastically effect the value of the car. However, if she is interested in pursuing an option like that we will gladly set her a time with the used car manager to look at her vehicle and see if we can come to an arrangement.

We appreciate the assistance of the BBB and the feedback provided by the customer. After reviewing our response regarding the third party shop its not within our ability to diagnosis what happened there - but no harm was meant by that statement. Test drives are one of the single more important tools we have in diagnosing the issues presented in a vehicle. Test driving provides us the information we need to make the proper diagnosis and solution and decide what is the best purchase for the customer to alleviate their problem.

***** ********

Lundgren Honda was made aware of this problem when I test drove the vehicle. I brought it back 3 times and they did not correct the problem. They say there is nothing wrong with this car...why is it shimmying? The tires are getting worn unevenly because of this problem and I want Lundgren to replace the wheels and tires. Lundgren just keeps pushing this issue out -it's been 4 months and I have no idea what else is getting damaged because of the shimmy. I am getting tired of going back and forth with them and demand they correct this issue ASAP.

02/27/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

My information was sold to a third party
On ******* *** 2013 I visited Lundgren Honda for a 2012 ***** ****** The sales person was **** after my visit, even though an application went through, I never drove off the lot with the car. However, Lundgren sold my information against my knowledge to ****** ** and ******* ********** ****** see attached documents. On the documentation you will see my name and a 2012 ***** ****** I do not own a 2012 ***** Civic and Lundgren was the only dealership in which they said that they could not lease me a 2013, so went through with the paperwork for a 2012.

I plan on leasing my fourth ***** ***** in early 2015, so I hope that gives Lundgren enough time to make sure that my information is not sold again to third parties without my consent. This, in my opinion, is a breach of privacy. The only entity that was aware of my potentially leasing a 2012 ***** ***** was Lundgren, so the question comes down to why Lundgren sold my information to these third parties without my consent. Please stop sending my information to third parties - it's not public information.

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. It is not the practice of Lundgren Honda to sell customer's information to third parties. Since the incident took place in ******* 2013 any further response would be speculating as we to what happened, or what process broke down. We deeply regret the trouble this has caused you and hope to show you a world class experience if given the chance the next time you are in the market. We have received no other feedback regarding situations like this in the last 12 months that come to mind and believe our current team is the best in the field today for all our customer's needs.
Lundgren Honda

03/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord April 2013. The salesman sold me a "Lease Care" agreement for ******* at that time and now refuse to honor it.

I purchased a 20013 Honda Accord from Lundgren Honda in April of 2013. The salesman, *** ********* sold us a Lease care agreement for ******* at that time. It was to cover oil changes and tire rotations as well as some end of the lease items. Even after telling him that I was moving from MA to FL in a few months, *** told me that I would still be covered in FL. "Just have the dealership call us and we'll take care of it". I did go for a service here and FL in October 2013. The dealership, ********** ***** in Cocoa, attempted to call Lundgren. Messages were left on voicemail but they received no response. I paid *** for the service and have been trying to deal with Lundgren Honda since that time. Either they need to honor the agreement or give me my $****** back. I had one oil change done while living in MA. ******* is an expensive oil change. I did speak to **** ****** at Lungren and he told me that he would reimbuse the *** if I sent a copy of the bill. I faxed and emailed him a copy several weeks ago and have heard nothing. I have left messages and emailed him. No response. He also had given me a number and extension "to call directly to have future bills taken care of". That number just goes to their sales voicemail because I have called it and left messages with no response.

I would like them to honor their Lease Care agreement and pay for my last oil change as well as future services as promised OR refund my ******* that I paid for the Leasecare contract.

Lundgren Honda regrets ******'s inability to resolve this through conventional means and will cheerfully refund her *****

02/27/2015Problems with Product / Service
05/12/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues

Auto Dealers-New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Parts & Supplies-New, Auto Dealers-Used Cars