BBB Accredited Business since 11/06/1990

Ken's

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my car into Ken's and told ***** the manager that I had a CD stuck in the radio and he said if he took it out it would ruin my radio (true or not I do not know) and I would have to buy another radio so I had ***** pick a radio out for me and he charged me for the transaction. When the installer brought the car to me he said the CD just popped out and he gave me the CD. I made it clear to ***** if they could get the CD out without tearing up the radio I did not want to buy a new radio. When I found out what horrible reception I got from the radio I asked for a refund and was told no. After spending $358.43 I spent another $148.73 to get a better radio which still hI hated this radio which only got 3-4 FM stations and no AM stations and there were no refunds and I was not aware. Looking at losing the $358., I spent another $148 at Ken's to put a radio that matched my car better and had buttons large enough to see unlike the first radio that had miniscule buttons and was had to navigate.So I had to buy a more expensive radio to get better reception or lose $358.00. But the 2nd radio did't get much better reception either.Also the installer ruined my wood grain consol finish. When I showed ***** he didn't offer any compensation.BOTTOM LINE: Had I been told the CD popped right out I would not have bought a new radio becuase I have a Toyota Limited Edition car and the radio was top of the line and no other radio Ken's had matched my car dash. I know ***** was not communicating with the installer because on the 2nd radio install I told ***** to let me choose where the USB port would be installed and the installer installed it in the glove compartment without asking me. As a woman this is very offensive as if being a woman is excuse enough to be ignored.Also Ken's has military murals all over their walls and to a veteran it is simply pandering. You can also read what I wrote in full detail on your complain web sit
Product_Or_Service: DVD Radio
Order_Number: NA
Account_Number: NA

Pay at least $50 toward replacement of the wood grain console that was scratched up during installation. It had not marks when I brought it to your store. And give back half of the $507.16. I should ask for all of it back seeing that all ***** had to do was tell me the CD came out without tearing up my radio, but ***** seems not to be communicating the car owners wishes to the installer for a reason. I still get terrible reception after spending over $500.

Contact Name and Title: Kenny Jones, President
Contact Email: ***2@email.com
I have talked to ****** Scarborough. She explained her issues and she is bringing her car to the Macon store to figure out everything.
I am here to serve the client......I will do whatever it takes to make everything perfect.

One of the owners of Ken's stereo named Kenny made an appointment for me to have my car radio problems repaired at his expense on March 4, 2015. He offered to add a component to my radio without charge, in exchange I dropped the claim against the damage to my woodgrain console.
I asked him if he would speak to the manager of Ken's stereo in Warner Robins about paying closer attention to the female customers and he said that he had already spoken to *****.
But, I still stand by my issues with the Warner Robins Ken's Stero manager crossing the sales ethics line and capitalizing on his customers ignorance of the radio business to make his sales instead of informing the customer and letting them make their only intelligent decisions.
I have been a manager and I have been in sales and I know when a sales person crosses the ethics line and ***** crossed that line and I can tell that he will continue doing so.
This closes my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I thank you for serving this community and wish you all well.
You made a difference.

11/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

purchased DVD w/camera input/remote access, outdoors cameras with installation with IP address on 10/12/2013.

As of today 11/2/2013 my installation has not been completed.

I would like for the work to be completed ASAP. I am tired of calling the Warner Robins store employees and getting no responses.

Called Mr. ****** Small breakdown in communication. Have rectified problem. Mr. ***** will confirm.

***** *****, President, Ken's

05/05/2014Problems with Product / Service

Television & Radio - Dealers, Television & Radio - Service & Repair, Audio-Visual Consultants, Sound Systems & Equipment, Musical Instruments - Dealers, Home Theater, Electronic Equipment & Supplies - Dealers, Auto Alarms & Security Systems, Home Automation