BBB Accredited Business since 06/30/2010

Paradise Properties

06/27/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

When we arrived at a rented condo the A/C unit was not working. It was repaired later but I was charged for A/C repair. There is no way I am liable.
My family recently stayed at is ******************************************** for a 3 day vacation. Upon arrival the A/C unit was set at 80 degrees so as we were unloading I turned it to 76 degrees. An hour later we realized it was not cooling so we contacted our agent Angela L***** and explained the problem. We talked several times over the next hour about if it was cooling and it never started to cool and by the end of that time it was 86 degrees in the condo. I am the Youth Pastor at a large church in Fayetteville, NC and I worked with a dozen different A/C units and thermostats are not a problem for me. Angie said she would get someone out to look at the unit and when we returned from dinner it was cool in the unit.

Tuesday, June 7th I have a $143.00 charge on my American Express for the A/C repair. I have no idea what the repairman found but it was not that it was just NOT turned on correctly. Angie and I were on the phone and she had me set everything over several times. On top of that I had the Vacation Damage Rental Insurance that comes with the rental...policy #********** with *********************. I expect that charge to be reimbursed and I would like to be contacted by someone that can answer my questions and explain why I was charged.

Thank you for your time and I can be contacted on my cell at****************

My American Express bill reimbursed.

We have emailed with this guest repeatedly. When he checked in, the temperature in the home was 82. He attempted to reset the temperature to 76 as he said, however, he did not reset it properly. When he spoke to Angela, he advised this information and when she told me of the issue, I asked to confirm that he had set the thermostat properly, otherwise, I or our handyman could talk him through resetting it. Just as in this complaint, he insisted that he had set the thermostat properly and that there was something wrong with the system. He insisted on being moved to another home or having an AC technician out to fix the system. He was warned that if there was nothing wrong, that he would have to pay for the service call. The AC technician went to the home, found that the thermostat was programmed to 82 degrees. He reset the programming to 72 degrees and when the guest came back to the home, it was at a comfortable temperature. We only called the AC technician when this guest insisted that we do so and there was nothing wrong with the system and nothing was repaired in the system, so we had to charge the guest for the unnecessary service call. The insurance noted in the guest complaint is to cover accidental damage to the property, not situations where the guest has incurred a cost for an unnecessary service call.

It is impossible to ever agree on any points in this complaint when the person answering these questions is not the person I was dealing with at the time of the complaint. First...I was never offered to have someone talk me thru setting the thermostat, Angela went thru the entire procedure with me. 2nd...I asked her where the binder for the rental unit was so we get get instructions for the unit...there was no binder. We had additional problems later when I had to have Angela text me the procedures for us when we vacated the property when our time was up. 3rd..I was never advised that if a service person came out and didn't find a mechanical failure I would have to pay for the call. A handyman coming out and checking the unit was never mentioned because that would have been fine with me. None of those statements made any sense...all I wanted was the A/C unit working and it made no difference to me how they did it or at least put us in a unit with A/C.
The person answering these questions has been informed incorrectly about exactly what took place or is just being uncooperative and has already made up his mind that he has no intention of listening to the truth. If the thermostat is that difficult to operate there should be instructions or just leave it at a comfortable temperature.

I am sorry that the guest had to incur this charge, however, I have provided all information that I have in regard to this matter. The guest insisted on a service call that was unnecessary and, as a result, was charged for that service call.

01/27/2014Problems with Product / Service