Randazzo Builders, Inc.

Phone: (352) 385-4783Fax: (352) 385-1991

05/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Randazzo leaves their work sites unclean, unsafe, and full of nails and screws all over the road resulting in flat tires. They agree to pay and dont
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. THEY CREATE A VERY UNSAFE ENVIRONMENT AND SHIRK RESPONSIBILITY IN FIXING ANYTHING THAT IS DAMAGED DUE TO THEIR BLATANT NEGLIGENCE.
I was living at The Glenn apartments in Orlando when Randazzo was hired to do the renovations on the entire property. They routinely left the property in a state of complete filth and disarray resulting in a very unsafe living area. It would be a very high risk to even walk your dog or drive your vehicle anywhere on property due to the scattering of nails, screws, old rotted wood with nails sticking out left everywhere. The unsafe environment that they would create was not contained just to the construction zone, it was everywhere. Having to drive in and out of the property every day resulted in 2 of my car tires being flattened. The tires were not able to be repaired as the rim had destroyed the side walls of the tires as I tried to pull off the road to safety thus the need to be replaced. Randazzo was immediately informed and agreed to pay for the 2 tires. I provided my receipt as they requested and it is now almost a year later and still no compensation. I have been trying on a weekly to monthly basis to resolve this matter with them through several emails and phone calls and have been continually blown off. The incident happened on 6/4/2013 and my attempts to try and resolve this matter are as follows:
6/4/2013 Called and was told it would be taken care of and asked to send receipt.
6/4/2013 Emailed receipt
6/4/2013 Called and received conformation of receiving receipt.
6/14/2013 Called to check on status and was told they would check and call back. Never heard back.
6/17/2013 Called and was told nobody was available and someone would get back with me. Nobody ever did.
6/21/2013 Called and was told nobody was available again so I called 2 more times throughout the day and was finally told that they only cut 1 check at the end of each month and would need to wait till the beginning of July.
7/13/2013 Was told that they needed the receipt for the tires before they could cut me a check. Explained that I had already sent it and that they told me they had it but I re-emailed the receipt and waited till the end of the month.
7/26/3013 Emailed me back needing my address. I sent it.
8/9/2013 Called and they said they had sent it at the end of last month. We had not received it. They said they would cancel that check and issue another one and send it the same day.
8/16/2013 Called because we still had not received the check and was told the lady was not available, that she would check on the status and would call back. Nobody called back.
8/16/2013 I called again because nobody called me back and the lady said that she was still unavailable but they had "sent the check to the wrong address". Will reissue yet another one.
8/23/2013 Called and was told she was not available, that she would call back. Never heard back. Also emailed them.
8/28/2013 Called again and was told she still was unavailable and would call back. Never called back.
8/29/2013 Called and she was not available yet again but that they were sending the check at the end of the month.
9/24/2013 Called and was told she was not available, that she would call back. Never called back.
10/10/2013 Obtained the owner of the companies personal cell phone number and called and spoke directly with him. He said that he would have this taken care of right away.
11/6/2013 Emailed the receipts for the third time.
11/22/2013 Called and nobody was available.
12/16/2013 Called and was told that she was not available. I insisted she talk to me now and the lady hung up on me. From this point on for the rest of the week nobody would answer the phone if I called from my cell phone so I tried from my work number and they picked right up. Told me that she would check into it and that there was nothing she could do for me no matter how much I insisted, there is only 1 person and she is not available. Never heard back.

All I want is to be compensated for the tires as they had agreed to do.

Building Contractors, Contractor - Commercial, Remodeling Services, Construction & Remodeling Services, Stucco & Exterior Coating Contractors, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Plumbers, Painting Contractors, Contractor - Electrical, Building Restoration & Preservation