In Central Florida

Action Gator Tire Stores

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

03/31/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue

Complaint: went in for a brake job and oil change. Pads and Rotors.

Brake job was not done properly - was suppose to replace pads and rotors. At the time the brake job was done they quoted me a price of 192.10 out the door. When repairing my vehicle they told my mother that the rotors just needed to be cleaned and that they didn't want to cut them. They replaced the Caliper. They did an oil change and the bill came to $399.00. My mother drove the car home and noticed that there was still a problem with the brakes and notified ****** at this location. He said bring the car back and in and we will see if they had the wrong pads on the vehicle said there would be no charge. I take the vehicle back in the shop and told them I was still having problems the guy drove the car down the road came back to the shop told me there was nothing wrong with the car but told me that the rotors need to be replaced and I need four new tires. To get four new tires they told me it would be $500.00. He also informed me that the rotors need to be replaced. I asked him what a total price would be and he told me $1,000.00. After I got the price of $1.000.00 my mother called because she was complaining and they quoted her another price of $1800.00 to get this work done. I will not take my vehicle back to Gator Action Tire in Oviedo ever again. I will not ever recommend them. Just recently they changed managers this ****** and they are taking advantages of the customers and doing price goughing and not doing the proper work.

We did a complete brake inspection on the vehicle and found that it had a locked up caliper on the right front side. ******* approached the customer with what was found, the customer wanted to do minimum repairs, as they were planning on selling vehicle. The total estimate of brakes, tires, and maintenance that was needed was $1,800. Once again, the customer's mother said they **** be getting rid of vehicle and only wanted to do the minimum. So we replaced the brake pads, installed right front rotor, and performed a brake flush. It is noted on our invoice and recommended that additional brake repairs are needed. Our invoice can be sent to whoever requests it for additional documentation.

06/03/2014Problems with Product / Service