In Southern Alberta & East Kootenay

Babbling Brooks Ponds & Waterfalls Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

10/18/2012Problems with Product / Service
08/09/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues
10/28/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor money-back guarantees

Complaint: My husband and I hired Babbling Brooks Ponds and Waterfalls to come to our home and install a waterfall. They did so 4 seasons ago and then the following year we did an addition. The addition occurred late in the season and they were going to come back in the spring and fix up the exposed pipe and do some additional work. This second installation was not done to par as the first one was and we had many faults with it but we agreed to live with them as we didn't want to make the boys come back and do all the heavy work over. The look of the waterfall was great it was the structure. The water pipe carrying the water up to the top was exposed and the two planters to each side of my waterfall were so shallow that I have to put fake plants in there due to lack of soil. These planter areas were to have shrubs in them.

Last summer was the first summer we had the large waterfall running all summer and as the months went on, the pond started leaking more and more water. **** had his crew come out late last fall to try and figure out the issue. They were here alot running tests and they thought they had it figured out but early this season we were filling the pond up daily and it takes alot of water. We don't want to flood the neighbours so we stopped and call Babbling Brooks.

It took a long time but ****(owner) finally came out to look at what needed fixing (deficencies) and the new work we wanted done. **** was in agreement that these items needed to be fixed and he was to prepare a quote for us. That was the last I have heard from them and that was in about May 2013. I have called and emailed about 5-6 times since to no avail. The answer I get is that I am on the list and/or the crew is out of town. As I see it I should have been at the top of the list as I was having issues all last season. We have been unable to enjoy our waterfall all this season.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Landscapers, Landscape Designers, Water Garden Fountain Suppliers