BBB Accredited Business since 03/12/2010

50 Floor (Headquarters)

95 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 30 closed in last 12 months

03/02/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

50 Floor installed the carpet we purchased from them in our home (***********************************) on 8/5/14. The carpet had a 20 Year Wear, and a Lifetime stain, and Lifetime Stain guarantee. The carpet is one year five months old and has stains that cannot be removed by professional carpet cleaners.
I contacted the main office of 50 Floor in Tucker GA ************* made my complaint. They opened a claim; ask for pictures of the stains and the receipt from Mathews Carpet Cleaners, which I sent and they received.
I was called 20/Oct/16 and informed that the claim was denied due to the house was not occupied. They denied the claim based on the house being not occupied without even looking at the carpet, testing the carpet, or seeing what stain is on the floor.
I explained the house was occupied by my wife and I; we have no pets no children and never wear our shoes in the house. We had the carpet cleaned prior to listing the house for sale.
Matthews gave us an estimate to clean the carpet prior to the furniture being removed. I informed Mathews the furniture will be moved next door prior to them cleaning the carpet... The carpet did not clean and I called Mathews and they returned the next day and tried to remove the stains again without any success.
Now, the house is not occupied and is on the market for sale, which has nothing to do with the stains. The carpet we paid for is defective and we need to resolve this matter as soon as possible.
As of 02/23/2016 they have failed to resolve this problem.
Product_Or_Service: carpet

The house has been sold and we had to lower the selling price by $4900 dollars. I would like for reimbursement for this or a fun refund of the install.

50 Floor sent a check for $700 dollars, the amount that it would have took to fix our carpet.
When the check clears our Bank then this case should be closed, wish it had not have gone this far...

02/04/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Expensive flooring was laid over subflooring that was in poor condition. A request to fix the problem was denied or we could pay $300 to fix a $9k job
We had vinyl wood-look flooring installed throughout the entry, dining area, and living area in August 2015. In October, November, and December of 2015 we asked 50 Floor to fix the buckling floor pieces near the wall in the entry. They stated they would do so a number of times, but put us off until January 2016. They then discovered that the subflooring was bad and said they would fix it for $300!!! We had the flooring, so they would've only needed the piece of subfloor and the labor. The manager, Marco, stated that the problem was most likely caused by bad weather and therefore not their fault. When we balked at paying for it, he said he would split the cost and we would then need to pay $150. We refused. The flooring pieces were not removed so we don't really know the true reason for the buckling flooring. They need to fix the problem at their cost and honor their guarantee as stated to us at the time of the sale and as it's posted on their website.

We want the buckling pieces removed and investigation as to the problem. If it is a matter of poor subflooring, then it needs to be replaced and the flooring reinstalled. This should be on 50 Floor's dime. There is no way subflooring would go "bad" to the extent they are implying in a matter of months. It was overlooked by the original installers or disregarded by them, but now needs to be taken care of ASAP.

Customer: ***********

50 Floor appreciates the customer choosing to contract with 50 Floor to complete their floor installation. In the beginning there was a misunderstanding regarding the customer's repair. We have communicated with the customer regarding their floor matter. 50 Floor moved forward to repair the customer's floor at no cost to the customer. The customer is now satisfied with their repair.

02/03/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased almost $6,000 in new carpet and laminate and was to be installed on 1/18/16 (Carpet) and 1/19/2016 (Laminate). Wrong ordered size on both.
First, they measured the room wrong, so the carpet was not all there. Then the next day, same thing happened with the laminate. No one from the office will answer the phone, or return your voice message when you do get there voice mail. So, now I have no telling when the job will be done or anything, no communications at all!

I expect, that they would offer an expedited installing (THIS WEEK). And, to cut the remaining balance substantially!!!

Customer Name: **** *******

We appreciate the customer choosing to contract with 50 Floor to complete their floor installation. 50 Floor did investigate the matter and learned there was a sizing error which was unintentional and accidental. Since the unforeseen event was discovered 50 Floor immediately moved to correct the issue. This simple human error in conjunction with the current inclement weather conditions caused a delay in completing the install. 50 Floor sincerely apologize for any and all inconveniences this has caused the customer. This is an uncommon experience and 50 Floor wants nothing more than to satisfy all customers wholeheartedly. The installation has since been professionally completed to the customer's satisfaction. We wish to thank the customer for their business and letter of concern.

01/20/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased flooring on November 3rd, 2015. Work still not complete.
We purchased flooring on 11/03/15. Order number 66056. We had new bathroom flooring put in, and repair of existing flooring (that 50 Floor installed years ago).

Initial work was performed on 11/13/15. The installer did not realize he was doing a repair, said he only had 250 sq ft of material to use. Instead of doing all of what was in the contract, he said he would try to make that amount of material work, so he didn't have to come back out again. Due to this, our kitchen and dining room were not completely replaced as specified. When he finished, I asked about one spot in the hallway, that we asked to be repaired (to****** *****, our salesman, and ****** ********, the installer), however he said he had run out of material to do this. He said to write a note on the Customer Certificate of Completion, which I did, saying that completion was "Pending corner repair in hallway" and that they would order more material to complete this work. While doing the walkthrough, I asked the installer if he had installed new quarter round. He had said yes, and it did look ok.

A few days later, I noticed a stain on one piece of quarter round, that had been there previously, and realized that quarter round had not been replaced where the repair work had taken place. I also noticed that a threshold to a closet had been installed without any stain to match the color of the flooring. My wife called 50 Floor to let them know of the 3 outstanding items: 1) Completing replacement of the damaged floor 2) Replacing the threshold with one that is the proper color 3) replacing the quarter round properly.

After many calls, we got a crew out to our house on 12/08/15. They did not have any material, but were able to get enough quarter round, to replace the damaged pieces that we absolutely needed replacing. We considered that work completed, but replacing the rest of the flooring and the threshold remained. They said they would notify the necessary parties so that they could order what was needed, to complete the work.

We've now had more calls to various people at 50 Floor. We're told that as of today, the work cannot be completed until after January 1st. To us, this is unacceptable. I have paid in full, for work that should have been completed in November. We are moving to Michigan on December 31st, and will not be available to supervise this work.

We would like all pending work completed by 12/31/15.

BBB CASE NUMBER: *********
CUSTOMER NAME: ***** ****

50 Floor is grateful we were contracted by Mr. and Mrs. **** to complete the installation of their new floor. 50 Floor deeply regrets an issue has occurred but have been working with Mr. and Mrs. **** to ensure their complete satisfaction, which is a goal of ours. We have scheduled a technician to meet with the customer after installation to make specific corrections, although the customer also had site-related corrections that needed to be completed which were not mentioned until the day of the original service. 50 Floor advised Mr. and Mrs. **** we will complete all the repairs at no additional cost to them. 50 Floor is attempting to do everything possible to make sure Mr. and Mrs. **** is 100% satisfied as we would with all of our customer. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate a more convenient date for the customers schedule to have another technician to complete the service. 50 Floor is very sorry about the time frame that is currently available but is very much looking forward to having the service request completed as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Customer Service Manager

50 Floor's response does not contain accurate information.

1) The last flooring spot that has not yet been fixed in the hallway was originally requested and stated to ***** during the sales process. The contract states work being done in the hallway, which was never completed.
2) The quarter round being replaced, that was not done during the original installation, was requested and stated to ***** during the sales process.
3) We did ask for and assumed properly stained associated components (quarter round, thresholds, etc.) during the original sales process with *****.

As I stated previously, the installer came to our house without the proper type and quantity of product. The installer could not fulfill the contract (e.g. replacing all of our dining room and kitchen) and so we gave him the go ahead to do his best with what he had. However, we did not give approval to not finish all originally requested floor locations, not replace our quarter round, or install the wrong type of threshold.

We no longer live in the house, so coordinating installation two months after we paid, is unacceptable. We worked throughout November and December to get this resolved, but 50 Floor continued to brush us off. We have not yet received a call from them to schedule or resolve this.

***** ****** and I talked, we agreed that he would pay me $200 for work not completed and I would consider this resolved to my satisfaction.

11/30/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have received a constant runaround, phone calls not returned, out money, and no carpet.
I had a salesperson come to my house on 10/26/2015 to go over the desired carpet and location of the installation. I made the payment for it in full on 10/30/2015. I was told that it would be in by the end of the following week and be able to have it installed on 11/7/2015 by the salesman. A secretary from the Grand Prairie, TX office called me on 11/5/2015 and told me that my carpet was not even made yet and would not be in until 11/24/2015. She then proceeded to look in her system, called the trucking company that was shipping my carpet that I ordered, told me that it was in transit, and would be in their warehouse by 11/6/2015. She set up my installation for 11/9/2015 between 8 and 10 am. When the installers and my carpet did not show up at 10 am, I called the warehouse. The secretary answered the phone, I told her what had happened and she put me through to a manager. I explained to him what had happened and he said if it was in his warehouse, his crew would be at my house installing my carpet and that he had sent two crews home because he didn't have enough work for them. He then asked me to give him thirty minutes and either he or the GM would call me back to let me know what had happened. He called me back within five minutes and told me that my carpet would definitely be in today (11/9/2015) and he could have it installed tomorrow. I told him that I wanted a full refund of my money immediately and I was going to take my business elsewhere. My wife and I had to move things around so that we could have our carpet installed, and now we have to move it back because these people cannot get their act together. Meanwhile, it's coming up on the winter months, and my family and I have to live on concrete even longer. The only answer the manager could give me for getting my money back was he would send it up the chain.

I want a full refund of the $1,623.16 that I paid in full at time of order on 10/30/2015.

BBB CASE NUMBER:*********
CUSTOMER NAME ***** *********

50 Floor deeply regret the inconvenience of us not having the product available as it was contracted. 50 Floor fully intended to complete the professional installation that all potential customers expect. Unfortunately in this situation there were circumstances beyond our control. Mr. ********* has received a full reimbursement which was paid in full at the time of his meeting with one of our flooring experts. We welcome Mr. ********* to give us the opportunity to have his flooring project completed despite the experience that this uncommon occurrence has caused. 50 Floor thanks Mr. ********* for considering us in the beginning and we look forward to possibly working with him in the future.

**** ********
CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT
50 FLOOR INC.

08/24/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

we purchased this floor in May and it is already starting to delaminate and they will do nothing about it! Saying it is caused by our dogs.
this company is a complete joke and has done nothing to help with the issues we have had with the crap flooring the sales rep sold us on! they have lied and told us this flooring is going to last a life time and let me tell you they are the worst flooring ever! i have delamaitation and major dents in the floor now they have yet to communicate with me about these multiple issues. the mullican flooring is the worst product being sold on the market, everywhere online the other reviews you read are identical to my problems, unfortunately i didn't read the reviews before because i had put too much trust in my sales rep and just went with it because i loved everything she was telling me about it. i was completely screwed! the WORST customer service and the WORST product by far. This occurred one month later! They have decided now that the flooring replacement will be at our expense because apparently our dogs have caused the issues our dogs are extremely house trained and have never peed on the floors and there is no way they could have caused this issue even if they had peed on the flooring within one month of it being installed. they will do nothing for us in this matter and now our home is going to be valued less because of these floors.

Full replacement of a different flooring at their expense or only the difference for the replacement floor.

Customer Name: ******* ****

50 Floor is thankful for the customer choosing us to satisfy their flooring needs. We also appreciate the customer for submitting this review. All contracted installations are unique and there are several factors which contribute to product concerns.

Mrs. ****'s concerns have been assessed by an independent certified flooring inspector. The results of the inspection concluded the customer's product concerns are locally caused. This product is scratch resistant, but with certain activity this flooring product may still be damaged because no flooring is scratch proof. 50 Floor completes thousands of installations and values all of our customers. We are continually working with Mrs. **** to ensure her satisfaction. At this time 50 Floor is scheduled to meet with the customer on July 29, 2016 so we may further discuss the details to best accommodate the customer.

************

On Friday 7/29/2016, we had one of 50 Floor's sales representatives came out to quote us on getting the flooring either fixed or tile flooring installed instead and was told they were going to give us a "Hefty Discount", well that discount happens to be a 60% off promotion they are already running for all other customers that have them come out to their homes. The only thing they are essentially not charging us for is the removal of the wood flooring. They offered to replace the plank that is delaminating at their expense but we still have left over product anyway so it wouldn't cost them anything to replace it. This flooring is a tongue and grove and they would have to saw out the one spot to replace. We are still waiting on the inspection report and the third party inspector stated verbally to me that if this product is already delaminating in this area it would only take some time for it to happen elsewhere. The inspector had a hard time believing that the floor was already delaminating after only having it installed for less than month. The salesmen that came out could not guarantee that it wouldn't happen again and I'm not willing to take that chance and no one else would either. The salesmen that came out and basically told us that we would only be paying cost for the flooring and installation and not going to have to pay for them to rip up the wood, which we shouldn't have to in the first place since this flooring is defective, The quote he gave us for the new flooring was going to be 5,600.00 and we have already put 4763.00 in the current defected flooring so in turn that would make us paying for this flooring event a total of over 10,000.00 for only 450 sqft! This is not at all what we had expected them to do for us. I do not feel that 60% off should be considered a "hefty discount" when it is already a promotion they are currently running. We will not be going with 50 Floor to satisfy our flooring needs!!! We are also looking in to a lawyer to help us with getting this money back for the defective flooring since they are not willing to help any further with this issue. We are EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the way they are dealing with this issue and will never recommend this company or product to anyone in fear they would also have these same issues.

BBB Case Number: ********
Consumer: ******* ****

50 Floor greatly appreciates the consumer choosing to contract with 50 Floor to complete their floor installation. 50 Floor has communicated with the consumer regarding their floor matters.

As a standard procedure, 50 Floor does not provide to consumers a copy of the floor inspection report. Regarding this floor matter, 50 Floor went on to provide a copy of the report as a consumer satisfaction. The floor inspection report explains that one plank would need to be replaced due to a manufacture related matter. 50 Floor will gladly replace the plank for the consumer. The consumer's floor is not delaminating, just the one plank would need to be replaced which is listed in the floor inspection report.

A sales representative did provide to the consumer a quote for a new flooring type. The consumer was provided with a discount for the new flooring type. 50 Floor can not replace the consumer's floor at no cost to the consumer due to a few reasons. The consumer's floor was installed within industry standards and there were no installation related or manufacture related concerns besides the one plank that can be replaced.

We truly value the consumer's business along with standing behind our workmanship when performing floor installations. We respectfully wish to resolve this matter for the consumer. We will replace the plank for the consumer which was listed in the inspection report or the consumer can change their floor type for a discounted price.

08/18/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

It all started in June of 2015. Fifty floors was scheduled to install carpeting on the second floor and the staircase. Two people arrived late, one of them was not an employee of Fifty floors. We later found out that the real employee was sick, and the second individual was randomly picked. He had absolutely no experience in carpet installation. Furthermore, the Fifty floor employee left and did not return until late in the afternoon. They worked until 11pm, keeping the family awake. We later realized that the carpet was mislaid and had to be torn out. It took them 6 weeks to get the new carpeting. Needless to add that the carpet was placed on debris of the old carpet, not bothering to clean the debris. When we contacted the manager, he expressed an attitude at one point insinuating my wife was a liar! To be fair, they placed wooden floors in the Master Bedroom and my office and the job was well done. Now Fifty floors slogan is no interest for twelve months. The job was not completed until September, however, they charged me interest in July. The Bank financing was Wells Fargo.

Remove the interest charged.

BBB Case Number: ********
Customer: *************
50 Floor greatly appreciates the customer choosing to contract with 50 Floor to complete their floor installation. 50 Floor has communicated with the customer regarding the matters of interest charges applied to their account.

50 Floor advertises zero percent interest for twelve months. The customer received interest charges on their account because the twelve months had passed. The certificate of completion was signed by the customer on June 10,2015. 50 Floor also had to visit the customer's home to take care of a few repairs. The last repair was completed for the customer on August 29, 2015. The customer believed the interest should have not been applied until all repairs were completed. 50 Floor did communicate with the finance company and explained the matter. The finance has agreed to take off the interest charges until September 2016 with no penalty. Usually, if the certificate of completion is signed for a specific date, that particular date is honored for completion of the installation. Also, 50 Floor wish to make it known that we can not intervene with a customer's pay cycle and/or interest that is set in place by the finance company. The finance company was able and willing to change the date for the interest to be applied to the customer's account as a customer satisfaction for the customer as well as 50 Floor.

50 Floor values the customer's business and again greatly appreciates the customer choosing to contract with 50 Floor.

07/20/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I recently purchased new flooring that included hardwoods, tile and carpet. I explained to the sales
person the carpet could not show foot prints. He showed us some carpet that he said would not show
foot prints.. When the carpet was installed it showed prints worse than the carpet we had previously.
After complaining to 50 floor they said we had buyers remorse and all they could do was to replace
the carpet at cost. We then complained to Dale Cardwell since he advertises for 50 floor. His
conclusion was since there was no written guarantee of the saleman's statement I have no case. The
salesman has admitted that he told us the carpet wouldn't show foot prints but this doesn't seem to be
enough proof for 50 floor or(Trust Dale) Dale Cardwell. So if when dealing with 50 floor make sure
you dot every (I) and cross every (t) and don't trust any thing any body tell you. Make sure you don't
leave 50 floor a loophole or you count on getting cheated.
Product_Or_Service: Carpet
Account_Number: ******

Replace all carpet with the carpet we paid for the first time or refund all the money we paid for the carpet. Preferably a refund because I don't want to do any more business with a company like 50 floor.

Customer:******* ******* *******

We appreciate the customer choosing to contract with 50 Floor to complete their floor installation. 50 Floor has communicated with the customer to discuss their floor matter.

We are aware and understand the customer is not happy with their new carpet installed by 50 Floor. The customer's carpet displays footprints when the customer walks across it. 50 Floor explained to the customer that the carpet manufacture does not warrant footprints. The footprints that appear in the carpet is actually a characteristic of this type of carpet and not considered a manufacturing defect per communication with the manufacture of this carpet product. The customer's order was thoroughly reviewed to make sure the flooring was ordered correctly and the installation was also installed within industry standards. 50 Floor has offered to the customer to install a different type of carpet at a discounted price which the customer has declined to move forward with. 50 Floor apologizes for any inconveniences that were caused to the customer.

************

Our complaint is not with Mohawk, it's with the 50 Floor representative who guaranteed the carpet we chose would not show the footprints. ***** ***** ran his hand over the small carpet sample to "prove" this carpet choice would not show footprints. We asked for a "Berber" type carpet and he showed us the carpet that we purchased. We would like a refund on the carpet. It is unacceptable for us to pay additional cost to replace, since they were the ones who made this mistake to begin with. We did not have a chance to see the carpet in it's entirety until it was installed. We relied on the experience and knowledge of this salesperson and he has admitted and remembered this entire situation in our last conversation with him on May 16, 2016. 50 Floor should stand behind their representatives and the guarantees they make. We have no issues with our hardwoods or tile floors, just the misrepresentation of the carpet. 50 Floor is not addressing the issue of their salesman's mistake and only focusing on industry standards and the characteristics of the carpet, which should have been presented to us at the time of purchase. We would not have chosen this carpet at all had that happened and if their samples were larger. We won't be satisfied until we receive a refund or replacement. They should honor their verbal commitment. We are senior citizens and expected this to be our last major purchase and feel that we have been taken advantage of.

Customer:******* ******* *******

50 Floor truly values the customer's business and we have not taken advantage of the customer. It is our intent for each customer to have a great experience from beginning to end when choosing 50 Floor for their flooring installations. Mr. and Mrs. ******* are repeat customers and 50 Floor appreciates them being so. If Mr. and Mrs. ******* had any reservations about the size of the samples, 50 Floor may have been able to address any questions or concerns prior to the signing of the contract. Additionally, on the back portion of our flooring contract there is specific information that states there are no verbal understanding that changes any terms of the contract. Also, there is information about 50 Floor covering the installation warranty and the manufacture covering product. Therefore, there was no misrepresentation of the product. 50 Floor will replace the carpet for the customer at a discounted price only. This is the only option 50 Floor will provide to the customer.

07/08/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had flooring installed by this company on 07/07/2015 in my kitchen,dining room, living room, and lower hall. Shortly after installing the floor started to fade in several areas of all rooms. I have been trying to work with said company without any success. They did send out an independent inspector who took pictures and did a full inspection of floors including taking a sample to send to a lab for annalizing. This was done almost two months ago and I have not yet found out anything about testing or inspiration report.
Around the time of my problems with floors I developed a cough which has progressed to the point that I have trouble sleeping and talking without coughing. I have been to my doctor and tried several antibiotics with no success in stopping the coughing.
Product_Or_Service: 06/30/2015
Order_Number: XXXXX
Account_Number: XXXXX

Want full inspection report with lab testing report (my doctor needs to see lab reports) Expect flooring to be replaced to correct all product problems. I would like compensation for suffering with cough if it is caused from flooring.

BBB Case Number: XXXXXXXX
Customer: **** * *******

We appreciate the customer choosing to contract with 50 Floor to complete their floor installation. 50 Floor has communicated with the customer a few times to explain that we were waiting on the claim report from the manufacture since the independent inspector did visit to perform the inspection on the floor.

The claim report was recently received on 06/27/16. Although, before receiving the claim report, 50 Floor was in constant communication with the manufacture on behalf of the customer. 50 Floor acts only as the liaison/advocate on the customer's behalf to the manufacture regarding the claim/warranty. It is 50 Floor's responsibility to file the claim on behalf of the customer, but 50 Floor would like for the customer to understand that the manufacture warrants the floor product.

The customer also mentioned having a cough and believing the laminate floor installed by 50 Floor is the reason. The customer can be rest assured that their flooring was tested in accordance with the California Air Resources Board's (CARB) Airborne Toxic Code of Regulations, and meets the CARB PHASE 2 standards.

50 Floor sincerely apologizes for the longevity in this process and again appreciates the customer for choosing 50 Floor for their flooring needs.

*ind Regards,

XXX-XXX-XXXX

03/25/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

50 FLOOR installed carpet in my home and there were some issues that needed to be addressed. When I contacted the home office concerning the problems I experienced I experienced a rude manager who who was disrespectful, arguementative, unprofessional and he refused to send someone to my home to view the problem areas. He wanted me to submit a photograph of the problem areas. I thought this request was highly unprofessional. They refused to work with me concerning the problem I was experiencing. I paid cash for the services and I thought I deserved better treatment. I was forced to lodge a complaint with your service.
Product_Or_Service: Carpet installation
Order_Number: *****
Account_Number: N/A

I would like the problem areas to be addressed and repaired.

Customer Name: **** *** ******

50 Floor has addressed Mr. ****** floor concerns. The repair was completed on March 10,2016. The customer did receive a follow up call to make sure he is completely satisfied. A voice mail was left for the customer to return call to corporate office.

*************

Hardwood Floor Contractors, Floor Laying, Refinishing & Resurfacing, Carpet Installation, Floors - Laminate, Floors - Hardwood