Ashmore Inn & Suites-Amarillo

06/11/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Failure to provide amenities promised and confirmed. Heated pool or hot tub is required due to disability, was unavailable.
We placed a reservation for this Hotel through Expedia.com for May 7th, 2014. The choice was based on advertised heated indoor pool and spa. We have a daughter with a disability and severe scoliosis that requires such a hotel when traveling. I called just prior to our trip to confirm that the pool and spa were indeed available.
We arrived just before 6 PM local time, checked in and gave credit card and all information to the hotel clerk. Nothing was said about the pool not working. As we prepared to accept the keys, I asked my husband if he thought we should eat before the pool, and the clerk stated the pool was closed. We asked why, expressed that it was a deal-killer for us due to our daughter (who was present and clearly disabled). The cleark stated the heater was out and the pool was closed. I asked about the spa - she said "we have to close that too because people won't stay out of the pool if we let them use the spa".
We expressed the need to stay in a hotel with working pool or spa. The response was "it doesn't matter, you booked through expedia, we won't do a refund". I asked to cancel the reservation and the clerk pointed out it was just after 6 pm and we could not cancel. She suggested I call expedia. Had there been a posted sign stating the pool was out of order, we would not have delayed cancelling the reservation until after 6 PM.
We went across the parking lot, checked into another hotel and had a great evening. Messages left for management at the Amarillo Ashmore suites have not been returned.
Expedia has also refused a refund because we did not contact them before 6 PM. I believe the rudeness of the clerk was not justified, and at the very least a partial refund was in order. Since we did not stay, I believe a full refund is in order.

I would like a full refund of the charges. We did not stay. We arrived prior to the time we could have cancelled and had a full refund, however the delay caused by the failure of the staff to advise that the pool was down prohibited us from doing that. Had we not arrived timely, had we not verified that they had a working pool/spa, it might be reasonable to say we should be charged anyway.

Had the pool been working, or guests treated like adults and trusted to use the spa but not the pool, we would have stayed. This is a health issue, for someone who is profoundly disabled, and there was no choice to change hotel.

I believe that the inconvenience this caused as well as the rudeness of the staff justifies more compensation than a full refund, but that would not be reasonable. It is also not reasonable to pay for something we were prepared for and eager to have but was not provided.

I sincerely apologize for the situation you encountered at our hotel. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will most definitely share this with my staff to insure better future stays.
I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back and ensure a favorable guest experperience.
****

01/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The cleanliness of the room, insects in room ,and lack of concern by hotel employees.
We checked into the Ashmore Inn on 9/25/2013 for three nights. We have stayed there several times in the past and in fact have used the property for a host hotel for groups of youth sports teams that we brought to Amarillo for National Tournaments. When we went into the room, it was dirty. The sofa and chair in the room were dirty and stained. I called the front desk. I don't know if they came to the room or not. I did not see them in the room. We did not sit on the furniture for the rest of our stay. There was also a bug in the floor of the bathroom, I also reported this. The last morning that we were there, I got out of the shower reached for a towel, and about 15-20 bugs fell to the floor and scattered throughout the room. I reported this as I was checking out. The desk clerk made no comment, I even showed her a picture. We went down stairs all three mornings for free breakfast and there was no meat left on the buffet, when I asked the attendant simply stated "when its gone its gone." I made several calls to the hotel attempting to speak to the manager. I left several voice mails which not returned. I called the property in Lubbock and spoke to ****** who had **** at the Amarillo property contact me. She apologized for our experience ad asked what she could do to make it right. I called her the next day and asked for a refund. I have yet to receive the refund. I have left several messages and have not heard from ****.

We are seeking a refund for all 3 nights.

OFFERED GUEST A DISCOUNT AT HER NEXT STAY, SHE DID STAY IN ROOM 3 NIGHTS WE CAN NOT GIVE OUT FREE ROOMS FOR THINGS THAT OUR OUT OF OUR CONTROL. IT WAS SEPTEMBER AND SHE WAS ON OUR 3RD FLOOR WHEN WINDOWS OPEN OUTSIDE AND TREE BUGS MIGHT COME IN.

We did not stay all three nights. We stayed at the hospital one night and at my brothers house another night. We had luggage in the room and showered there 2 mornings. We do not ever plan on staying there again so a discount on the next stay will have no value to us. We have been to Amarillo 4 times since September and have stayed at other properties during those visits. If customer satifaction is not important to your business I understand your position. I have recomended your property to several people over the last several years however that will not be the case in the future.

I checked with my housekeeping and someone stayed in the room all 3 night therefor I need payment we cant give out free rooms however I am willing to work out a good discount for future stays if you are willing to work with me on this. Also I am truly so sorry for any inconvenience.

Hotels