BBB Accredited Business since 06/16/1999

Novus Clinic

06/27/2012Problems with Product / Service
11/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

they broke my lense of my prescription sun glasses as they were cleaning and adjusting them and would not replace it after getting my eye exam for new glasses i was sent over to the ophthalmology side to get fitted for new frames

i had lost my old set of glasses and brought my presciption sun glasses with me as required on my drivers lic while driving i asked them to tighten the lenses in my sun glasses and the OD broke 1 of the lenses and said he was sorry it was a 1st for him in 20 yrs
i asked what he was going to do and he said it was going to cost me 79.00 to fix them

i told him i came in there with a good set of sun glasses and it was going to cost me 79.00 to walk out with them?
he said he was sorry but thats all he could do

service was on 10/14/2014
sales rep **** L. ***** he said hes name was **** although they circled ******* ****** OD on my copy of eye exam

all i want is my sun glasses replaced

Consumer presented **** with mangled eyewear indicating he had stepped on them and asked if they could be repaired.

**** noticed a pit/hairline crack in the lens and pointed it out & informed consumer prior to repair, due to concern it could split if the only thing holding it together was the pressure of the frame.

**** informed consumer he would need to remove the lens in order to straighten the frame, consumer agreed.

After releasing the screw to remove the lens, it cracked in half due to the hairline crack already there.

**** explained to consumer and he understood.

Resolution: Out of goodwill, **** offered to replace the entire pair of eyewear including a new frame (bifocals reg. $125) for just $75 and allow a free tint ($25) and a free UV protectant ($25).

We are happy to replace the broken lens, also out of goodwill, however, the mangled frame will not allow for proper measurements to ensure a good fit of a new lens. Additionally, the other lens was so old the new lens will not match in color. We wanted to help the consumer and that is why we offered a savings of over $100 to get him a complete new pair, new lenses and new frame.

Consumer agreed to a new pair at the reduced pricing, started the order and then said he would like to think about it. We put the order on hold and we have not heard from him since.

The original resolution is still available to the consumer as any time. Consumer presented us with glasses that he had admittedly stepped on. We cannot take responsibility for that, but are happy to help lessen the burden on the consumer to replace them. Original cost would be $175.00 plus tax / Consumer would pay just $75.00 plus tax.

Novus Clinic, VP of Operations

at no time did i admit glasses were stepped on and there was no hair line crack,i wore these glasses in when i came for new ones
**** admitted this had never happened to him before and said he was sorry
my frames are still good,they were a good spare set of sun glasses
maybe had he offered to replace the lens he broke i would have paid for the other 1 to get the match
i can only believe that **** is lieing about the whole thing the min,he says i admitted to stepping on the glasses which is a lie.
i hope no body ever goes there and be assured i have told many of my frds and family about the way **** treated me,just because i am old doesnt mean i am a fool and that is how he treated me

Optometrists, Lasik Eye Surgery, Physicians & Surgeons - Ophthalmology, Hair Removal - Laser & Electrolysis, Sunglasses, Opticians, Optical Goods - Retail, Contact Lenses