BBB Accredited Business since 08/17/2012

Bo Lacey Construction LLC

Phone: (419) 606-1925

05/13/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

ice gaurds where are they???

I recieved a sttel roof from bolacy they put no ice and snow gaurds on now the snow has torn up my new gutters on the front of the house and the gutters on the rear are sagging becuse all the ice slid into it. I called and was told it was happening to everyone. well now I have bent gutters and didnt have that before I had a steel roof.

fix gutters and install ice gaurds

**************************************************************************************************************
We installed a steel roof for Mr. ******* in October of 2012. It was not written into the material contract (please see attachment) for Mr. ******* to have snow guards installed on his new roof. This would have been an upgrade. Mr. ******* was told this when he asked about the snow guards. Mr. ******* also signed off on a certificate of completion on 11/28/2013 and initialed that he was satisfied with the flashing, drip edge, and roofing components (please see attachment). His final payment was received on 4/9/2013 with no voice of concern about the snow guards or gutters, just an apology from his wife on the 120 day late payment and how happy she was with her new roof. We value Mr. ******* as a customer and we are disappointed we received no phone call or verbiage in the letter voicing his concerns prior to filing a complaint.

when I signed my contract "july 23 2012 and work didnt begin till oct. my rep looked at my nighbors roof also steel and told him snow gaurds are required on all new steel roofs. now after winter the snow has tore up my gutters. I informed ****** before final payment that I was having problems with snow and ice. on existing gutter.
now as of last week I found that I have damaged gutter from Ice and snow on new gutter.I signed off on the work to get them out of there. there were Issues with the work that I pointed out to my rep that I wasnt pleased with and was cobbled together at the last min. after waiting 90 day for work to begin and the contract said 30 day for work to start. I was just tired of waiting and wanted it done.

Construction & Remodeling Services, Windows & Doors - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors