Gary's Automotive/Truck Service.

01/19/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My vehicle was left in the care of said repair shop,early November,to diagnose repair issues regarding fuel leak(s) and failure to start properly.
Prior to Nov. 15, 2013, the 1997 Ford F-250 truck, 97FCN5, TX, was left with Gery's Automotive to diagnose and estimate repair regarding fuel leak(s) and engine starting problems. The motor would not start in an appropriate amount of tries to start easily. I was concerned about wear on starter and other electrical components. On Nov. 15, 2013, **** called and stated that the engine "Lift pump" was faulty and needed replacement - his estimate was $382.50 for labor and $42.50 for fuel pump test and $168.90 for the part itself, totaling $ 593.90 for this specific repair. I agreed and paid by credit card over the phone as I trusted his assessment. I picked up the truck that evening after arriving from an out-of-town trip. The truck continues to leak and fails to start appropriately and I have had the vehicle back in Gary's three additional times in six days, having to leave it each time, to hopefully correct the problem. Once I was told the fuel filter drain valve was cracked open causing the leak and subsequent lack of fuel pressure resulting in hard to start symptoms. Next I was told the problem was an oil pressure issue, so I took the truck to Quick Lane Service on Pioneer and they quickly pointed out the fuel lines leaking under the motor which should have been corrected by diagnoses previously at Gary's. I took it back to Gary's and they replaced "O" rings in the fuel lines stating that the problem would be fixed. Had the technician at Gary's (allegedly named "Goofy")done an appropriate follow up after replacing the fuel lines initially, the leaks would never have occurred. Each time I took the truck back, I was given the "bum's rush" and treated in a very condescending manner and was never given a proper explanation as to the original problem not being addressed, i.e., the fact that there was still fuel leaking and failure of the motor to start properly. The staff at Gary's is always "so busy" and seemingly have little time to provide satisfactory customer service.Gary indicated on my last visit of Nov.21, 2013, that my truck was "old" and he didn't wish to take the time to diagnose and attempt to fix all problems associated with a vehicle of this age. I should think that after all attempts and payment in excess of $590.00, that we should be closer to the problem being addressed to MY satisfaction. It has not been done as of this date, 12/12/2013.

I will have to seek another source for vehicle repair as I depend on this truck for everyday travel to and from work. I cannot afford to continue seeking satisfaction from Gary's as they have failed on multiple attempts and at great expense. I wish to be refunded the money charged for this specific repair listed above so that I may return this vehicle to service.

Mr. ***** did indeed bring his truck into Gary's Automotive and Truck Service in November,2013, and he did to our regret have to bring it back to us for additional service. However we do differ in his account of what truly transpired.
When Mr. ***** originally brought his 1997 Ford Pickup - F250 in for diagnosis, ***** ******* - shop manager and ****** - one of our highly skilled technicians, did find the fuel pump to be leaking. We gave Mr. ***** an estimate of cost and repair time for this repair. We repaired this problem made sure the fuel pump was no longer leaking and removed and replaced the upper and lower ball joints on Mr. *****' truck.
Within a few days, Mr. ***** returned and said that he was still having a problem with the vehicle leaking. He was not brushed off, we immediately pushed other jobs aside to bring in Mr. *****' truck and see what was going on. We pushed other jobs aside to take care of Mr. ***** so as not to inconvenience him any more than he had already been. At that time we found that the fuel drain valve was partially open. We sincerely apologized to Mr. ***** for the mistake, cleaned and repaired this minor problem and Mr. ***** was on his way.
He then returned on November 27 ,2013, and stated that there was another leak. We were closing early that day due to a holiday, but made sure we kept one of our technicians on duty to take care of Mr. *****' needs. This time it was for defective fuel pump O-rings which we have no control over. Even brand new parts can be defective; these do tend to happen from time to time. That is no fault of ours; it is just something that happens from time to time with parts. We made this repair of course at no charge to him. At this time we informed Mr. ***** that with a 16 year old vehicle with over 267,000 miles on it, you can repair parts and it can cause a weaker spot to fail.
We have done work for Mr. ***** since 2010 and we strive to take sincere' our work very We pride ourselves in our customer service and do our best to make sure each and every customer that comes thru our door is treated with the upmost courtesy and respect.
We don't like for customers to have to bring their vehicles back to us, but every once in a while mechanical failures do occur and we do our best to satisfy our customers and take care of them in a timely manner.
We made sure that when Mr. *****' problems occurred, we set out to put him as our first priority and make sure that he was not inconvenienced any more than he had already been.
Our technicians are highly skilled to be able to perform their jobs to the best of their ability' I am truly sorry that Mr. ***** felt the need to call our technician "Goofy". He is not he is a very He is well trained automotive technician.
Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.
***** *******
Shop Manager

Mr. Shawn ******* is talking around the subject - my truck that they were to fix has not been fixed, meaning that there are still leaks in the fuel system and I cannot get the truck started. Those are the initial reasons for seeking help from ****'s. Also, I did not refer to his mechanic as "Goofy" - that term came from Shawn's mouth and he is misrepresenting the truth if he states otherwise. I wish to have $592.00 refunded so that I may get my truck fixed by a competent diesel mechanic. Each time that I returned the truck for failure to repair, I was assured that all problems were solved and there would be no further trouble. That is not the case after the initial repair attempt and three return trips to get satisfaction. I admit that the truck is not new, but also must stress that there are no major maladies to consider other than the current, seemingly ignored starting and fuel leak problems. If there are other "weak links" in the truck that **** wants me to consider, then why did he not point those out to me. Especially since they are in the business of making money by repairing autos and are so interested in customer service and satisfaction. Shawn's response is simply denial with no basis in fact - there has to be an explanation as to why the problem was not addressed by ****'s Auto, however they have not stated there reason for not doing there job. I insist that they are responsible for NOT fixing the problem with my vehicle and I demand a refund of expenses so that I may receive relief from another source.

Auto Repair & Service