13 years in business1401 Airport Pkwy
Cheyenne, WY 82001-1543
- (307) 772-3943
Additional Phone Numbers
- (800) 999-6541
- (307) 638-0800
- (307) 772-9100
Additional Email Addresses
Find a Location
BBB File Opened: 10/05/2004
Business Started: 12/03/2003
Business Started Locally: 12/03/2003
Business Incorporated: 12/03/2003 in WY
Type of EntityCorporation
- Mr. Bill Benskin, CFO
- Ms. Kathy Cathcart, VP Operations
- Ms. Samantha Ingram, Business Development Manager
- Mr. Phil Van Horn, CEO
- Training Programs
- Financial Services
- Business Consultants
- Consultant - Strategic Planning
- Coaching - Leadership
- Educational Consultants
- Business Services - General
- Align HistoryWestern States Learning Corporation was incorporated as a nonprofit (501 (c)(3)) corporation in Wyoming in December 2003; and it opened for business April 1, 2004. Its purpose is to provide products and services related to awareness and ...
- Align HistoryWestern States Learning Corporation was incorporated as a nonprofit (501 (c)(3)) corporation in Wyoming in December 2003; and it opened for business April 1, 2004. Its purpose is to provide products and services related to awareness and access to higher education, workforce development and organizational and career development. In November 2006, it filed with the Wyoming Secretary of State to do business as Align going forward.The founding directors of Western States/Align were Randy Dancliff, Wyoming banker; Daniel Baccari, retired Vice President, University of Wyoming; Anna Marie Hales, owner, Wyoming Hereford Ranch; Phil Van Horn, President and Chief Executive Officer of Western States/Align; and Mona Lee Pearl, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Western States/Align.Each of these directors brought years of experience in and commitment to education. Prior to forming Western States/Align, each of these directors, with the exception of Pearl, served for a number of years on the board of directors for Wyoming Student Loan Corporation. Van Horn and Pearl were, respectively, the CEO and COO of Wyoming Student Loan Corporation until March 30, 2004. (Wyoming Student Loan Corporation currently has no employees. Its affairs are entirely managed by Western States/Align.) Hales, Pearl and Van Horn remain on the board of Western States/Align, serving along with Ed Boenisch, Wyoming Adjutant General (ret) and James "Murph" Murphy, owner, AVI Engineering.The executive management team for Western States/Align today consists of Phil Van Horn, President and Chief Executive Officer; Mona Lee Pearl, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer; Bill Benskin, Chief Financial Officer; Kathy Cathcart, Vice President; Brittany Ashby, Principal Consultant; and Jody Shields, Principal Consultant. This team collectively has more than one hundred years' experience in educational assistance, corporate finance, management, leadership and organizational development. Van Horn, Pearl, Cathcart and Benskin have, as a team, led first Wyoming Student Loan and now Western States Align for a combined total of 21 years - since Pearl's arrival at Wyoming Student Loan Corporation in 1991. (Van Horn joined Wyoming Student Loan in 1983; Benskin in 1986; and Cathcart in 1989.)
Products & ServicesServices to Align Your Organization:Strategy, Leadership, Process, People, Organization
Service AreaWyoming, Northern Colorado and Western Nebraska
Alternate Business Names
- Western States Learning Corp, dba Align
- Loan Servicing
- Align Planning/Consulting/Training/Business Services
Align's mission, and our passion, is to help others achieve success. We bring over 30 years of strategic management and organizational development experience to the table, to help organizations and employees thrive.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.