Bob's Carpet Mart
48 years in business
Headquarters10815 US Highway 19 N
Clearwater, FL 33764-7442
Additional Phone Numbers
- (941) 955-4333
- (941) 739-6588
- (727) 822-5325
- (727) 581-1004
- (941) 493-2708
- (941) 921-6092
- (813) 885-5633
- (813) 681-4191
- (941) 795-4285
- (813) 960-6171
- (727) 785-9005
- (352) 596-2977
- (727) 841-0131
- (727) 471-2052
- (800) 228-2627
Find a Location
BBB File Opened: 12/01/1984
Business Started: 01/01/1969
Business Incorporated: 12/22/1986 in FL
Type of EntityCorporation
- Mr. Ricardo Castellanos, Executive Assistant
- Mr. Brent Aubrey, Store Manager
- Mr. Robert H. Butler III, President
- Mr. Lorenzo Carrea, Qualifying Contractor
- Mr. Roger Chapin, Store Manager
- Ms. Mimi Chesnutt, Store Manager
- Mr. Randy Childress, Store Manager
- Ms. Dawn Crater, Receptionist - Corporate
- Mr. Bill Cross, Store Manager
- Mr. Tom Devoe, Store Manager
- Mr. Jeff Elkington, Store Manager
- Ms. Andrea Festa, Accounts Payable
- Mr. Mark Holmes, Store Manager
- Mr. James Hopkins, Store Manager
- Ms Rebecca Hunter, Store Manager
- Mr. Ed Keller, General Manager
- Mr. Dennis LaBella, Inventory/Payroll
- Mr. Mike Parricone, Store Manager
- Ms. Michelle Reed, Store Manager
- Mr. David Reynolds, Store Manager
- Ms. Lori Smith, Vice President
- Ms. Claire Stack, Accountant
- Mr. Bob Surhigh, Store Manager
- Mr. David Wetzel, Store Manager
- Contractors - Flooring
- Carpet & Rug Dealers - Used
Alternate Business Names
- Butler Carpet Company
Licensing, Bonding or RegistrationThis business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.