Progressive Business Publications
47 years in business
Headquarters370 Technology Drive
Malvern, PA 19355
- (610) 647-8089
Additional Phone Numbers
- (610) 375-8012
- (814) 941-6799
- (215) 639-1953
- (330) 758-0277
- (330) 758-0339
- (570) 874-5914
- (330) 394-1555
- (814) 765-8026
- (814) 724-2035
- (610) 779-5358
- (717) 755-0752
Additional Email Addresses
Find a Location
BBB File Opened: 07/22/1991
Business Started: 01/01/1970
Business Started Locally: 01/01/1970
Business Incorporated: 02/15/1973 in PA
Type of EntityCorporation
- Mr. Michael Gorton, Director/Customer Service
- Mr. John C. Beabrook, CEO
- Mr. Edward Satell, Founder/Executive Chairman
- Mr. Thomas Schubert, CFO & COO
- Principal: Mr. John C. Beabrook, CEO
- Principal: Mr. Edward Satell, Founder/Executive Chairman
- Customer Service: Mr. Michael Gorton, Director/Customer Service
- News Publications - Trade, Association
- Publishers - Book
- While this company responds to customer complaints presented to it by this Bureau, this company's business performance record demonstrates a pattern of customer complaints alleging billing for unordered merchandise. Some consumers have claimed that...
- While this company responds to customer complaints presented to it by this Bureau, this company's business performance record demonstrates a pattern of customer complaints alleging billing for unordered merchandise. Some consumers have claimed that they cancelled subscriptions but their cancellations were not honored. Progressive Business Publications responded to the BBB concerning the company's unsatisfactory business performance report. The company sells its publications through telemarketing solicitations. It claims that it tape records telephone solicitations for quality control purposes. The company states that it obtains the ordering person's birthdate to verify the order at a later date. According to the company's correspondence, orders are confirmed by fax within 24 hours, giving the orderer an opportunity to respond. The company claims it has a liberal cancellation policy permitting the customer to cancel anytime within the first three months of the telephone order and receiving a refund on all unsent issues. New subscribers receive two free issues with the right to cancel according to the company. The company claims that its BBB complaint volume is negligible compared to its volume of business.
Alternate Business Names
- Progressive Business Audio Conferences
- Progressive Gifts & Incentives
- American Future System
- American Future Systems, Incorporated
- Center for Education & Employment Law
- Division of America Future Systems, Inc.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.