Reviews & Complaints

Sort By:
Filter By:
WestShore Transmissions Ltd.
Positive

Just wanted to say these guys are very professional. This is the 2nd time I have done business with them and both times have been a very pleasant experience. they kept me informed what was happening and I feel the cost of repair was very fair.

Comments

Comment from the Business:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at Westshore Transmissions. We do our very best to make sure the job is done correctly, in a timely manner, and at a fair cost. We aim to have customers leave with the feeling they have been treated well, and that it has been a positive experience.

by Business on Jul. 27, 2015

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

The Business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer either (a) did not accept the response, OR (b) did not notify BBB as to their satisfaction. (2 complaints)

18/09/2017
Problems with Product / Service

I brought my ******** **** to Westshore transmission so they could perform a transmission service. The car ran perfectly beforehand and once they told me it was ready there was a loud sound coming from the transmission, I brought the car back twice so they could resolve the problem. After 3 days at their shop they told me the work they performed had nothing to do with the new noise coming from my transmission. I then brought the car to the dealership and explain what had happened and they told be the transmission fluid level was too low and once they added 1.5 liters of fluid and returned the car to myself the noise is gone and the car now drives and shifts like it did before I took the car to Westshore transmission.

When I called Westshore transmission to inform them that in fact they did not put enough fluid in my transmission and that I had to pay ***$ at the dealership to fix the problem they hung up the phone on me and told me it was impossible.

Cover the cost I occurred at the dealership where they completed the work they were supposed to perform

Consumer Business Dialog

The vehicle in question was booked in for Friday July 9, 2017. We were authorized to perform a transmission service, oil change and to change the spark plugs. As per company policy, we always test drive vehicles prior to performing any repairs. The technician noted noise and a shift complaint the customer had mentioned, and that he thought the vehicle required spark plugs. The vehicle was scanned for codes to look for a misfire code that would suggest replacing the plugs. The vehicle was placed on a hoist and we found that both the engine and transmission both had fluid leaks.

At this point I phoned the customer and advised him that the spark plugs were not the problem, but that the transmission was low on fluid and as most likely causing the problems, although no guarantee was given that this would rectify the problems with the transmission. The customer opted to change the engine oil and transmission fluid at this point.

The customer picked up the vehicle and returned the following day, where again the transmission was test driven by a technician, and the fluid rechecked using the required tools that were purchased form the manufacturer.

The customer returned the following week saying saying the the noise had gotten worse, so we performed a transmission flush at no charge to the customer using factory fluid purchased from the dealer, and the noise was still evident. At this time I advised the customer that we could spend no further time or expense on the vehicle as our costs far exceeded the the original price of the job.

When the customer phoned to advise me that the vehicle had been to the dealer nearly every two months after the original job was performed and was found to be low on fluid I was not surprised as he had not addressed any of the leaks brought to his attention. I told him at this time I was not prepared to spend any further time discussing the problem about his vehicle and that he should address the leaks which were the main cause of his problems with the transmission. This is clearly a lack of maintenance by the owner of the vehicle to repair the root of the problem which is a leak. We at Westshore Transmission went above and beyond in an attempt to aid the customer and are not prepared to assist further. The customer was advised of this and was not hung on.

06/06/2018