Frontier Communications Corp.
83 years in business
HeadquartersPO Box 20550
Rochester, NY 14602-0550
- (585) 546-3723
- (585) 263-7734
- (716) 731-5099
- (518) 775-4857
Additional Phone Numbers
- (585) 777-1040
- (800) 921-8105
- (585) 777-1200
- (800) 529-5903
- (518) 773-6124
- (800) 836-1811
- (800) 605-3290
- (585) 777-1234
- (800) 426-6401
- (585) 214-6716
- (800) 921-8102
- (518) 773-6045
- (800) 246-6404
- (716) 731-9966
- (203) 329-8800
- (800) 921-8101
Find a Location
- Ms. Donna Loffert, Vice President of Customer Service
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Frontier Communications has recently taken over Verizon consumers in the states of California, Florida and Texas. BBB has seen an increase in consumer complaints against Frontier Communications. We have reached out to them regarding our concerns rela...
Frontier Communications has recently taken over Verizon consumers in the states of California, Florida and Texas. BBB has seen an increase in consumer complaints against Frontier Communications. We have reached out to them regarding our concerns related to the high volume and pattern of complaints from previous Verizon consumers regarding internet, fios and telephone services. If you fall into this group of consumers and are filing a BBB complaint you may also wish to report your concerns to the following state agency in your area:
California consumers can also file a complaint with the California Attorney General, 916-322-3360, www.ag.ca.gov.
Florida Consumers can also file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General, 850-414-3300,http://www.myfloridalegal.com
Texas Consumers can also file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General, 512-463-2100,https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint or with The Public Utility Commission, 512-936-7000,http://puc.texas.gov/
Service AreaWe service the following area(s): New York
Alternate Business Names
- Citizens Communications
- Citizen's Telecom
- Citizen's Utilities
- Frontier Communications
- Frontier Communications, a Citizens Communication Company
- Frontier Telephone of Rochester,a Citizens Co
Alerts & Actions
Government ActionAttorney General Morrisey Reaches $160M Settlement with Frontier Communications
CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey announced today an estimated $160 million settlement with Frontier Communications to resolve complaints involving Internet speeds provided to consumers.
The multi-faceted settlement requires Frontier to invest at least $150 million in capital expenditures to increase Internet speeds across West Virginia and provide access to areas currently without high-speed service. It also lowers monthly rates for affected consumers and contributes $500,000 to the state’s Consumer Protection Fund.
The agreement is the largest, independently negotiated consumer protection settlement in West Virginia history.
Pattern of Complaint
We find a high volume and pattern of complaints exists concerning prior Verizon consumers who have not had a smooth transition to Frontier Communication since Frontier Communications took over various Verizon customers on April 1, 2016. Consumers have reported that services did not transition properly: many do not have services or are having spotty service with outages; many internet issues, from slow speeds to complete outages, consumers advise they are paying for certain levels of internet speeds but are not receiving those levels. Cable issues including missing networks, movie on demand concerns, issues with purchased subscriptions not carrying over, titles consumers have paid for (purchased licensed for) not being uploaded to their libraries and no solutions are being offered; and inability to access items like DVR boxes at the same time (multiple boxes in households not functioning); the Frontier App is not functioning for consumers; not fulfilling the rewards advertised with new service signups; charging consumers unauthorized third party charges on their telephone bill and not properly applying credits to consumer’s bills or consumers not being able to login to pay their bills.
When consumers call to receive assistance many report to BBB that they are hung up on or calls are disconnected and not follow back up on by Frontier representatives. Consumers are transferred from representative to representative without receiving any assistance to their concerns many times resulting in a disconnection.
We have also identified a pattern in your responses to complaints stating:
• Per Tariff, in no event shall Frontier be liable in tort, contract, or otherwise for errors, omissions, interruptions, or delays to any person for personal injury, property damage, death, or economic losses. Frontier shall in no event exceed an amount equivalent to the proportionate charge to the customer for the period of service during which such mistake, omission, interruption, delay, error or defect occurs. Frontier will apply a credit based on the customer’s daily service rate.
• We trust that this information will assist you in closing this complaint. We regret any inconvenience that ‘consumer name’ may have experienced as a result of the above matter.
The business did not respond to the pattern of complaint correspondence BBB sent.