161 years in business
HeadquartersOne M & T Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14203-2301
- (716) 635-4019
- (716) 635-4033
- (585) 325-5689
Additional Phone Numbers
- (585) 258-8221
- (585) 258-8220
- (716) 635-4046
- (716) 635-4529
- (585) 258-8250
Find a Location
BBB File Opened: 07/01/1923
Business Started: 01/01/1856
Business Started Locally: 01/01/1856
- Mr. James Beardi, Local Manager
- Chester Bridger, VP-Corporate Communications
- Ms. Nancy Brock, Corporate Communications
- Ms. Martine Brown, Northeast Marketing Director
- Mr. Daniel Burns, Rochester Div. President
- Ms. Ann Caruana, Crowley Webb
- Ms. Cindy Dertinger, Administration
- Mr. Geoffrey Fenn, VP
- Mr. Richard Gold, Webmaster
- Ms. Carol Grosso, Property Management
- Mr. James Horbowicz, Airport Plaza Manager
- Ms. Susan Hugill, Credit Card Processing
- Mr. Jay Johnson, Customer Service
- Ms. Lynn Kane, Retail Marketing
- Ms. Elaine Lesperance, Webmaster
- Mr. Ray Logan, SVP, Human Resources
- Mr. Chris Marra, Retail Marketing
- Mr. Stephen J. Meyer, Vice President
- Mr. Robert Moody, VP Retail Marketing
- Mr. Rob Northway, Retail Advertising
- Mr. Ken Paulin, Purchasing Manager
- Ms. Debbie Pringle, Banking Officer
- Ms. Carrie Steck, Assistant Manager
- Ms. Mary C. Szabat, Sales Rep.
- Ms. Lynn Waclaweck, Marketing
- Mr. Robert Wilmers, Chairman, CEO
- Ms. Karen Woodman, Electronic Advertising
- Mr. Robert D. Young, Sales training Man.
- Credit Cards & Plans
- Mortgage Lender
- Auto Renting & Leasing
Alternate Business Names
- First Empire State Corporation
- Highland Lease Corporation
- M&T Mortgage Corp.
- M&T Credit Corporation
- Manufacturers & Traders Trust Company
- M&T Securities
- Hudson City Savings Bank
Licensing, Bonding or RegistrationThis business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.