Transitowne USA, Inc.
26 years in business7408 Transit Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221-6019
- (716) 633-5475
- (716) 668-1303
- (716) 632-8394
- (716) 668-1303
- (716) 632-6901
- (716) 631-1957
- (716) 685-6307
- (716) 759-1953
Additional Phone Numbers
- (716) 260-2265
- (716) 668-3700
- (716) 634-3000
- (716) 668-9103
- (716) 632-6900
- (716) 631-0003
- (716) 685-4041
- (716) 759-1900
Additional Email Addresses
Find a Location
Type of EntityCorporation
- Mr. James Hillery, President
- Mr. Joe Chambers, General Manager Williamsville Chrysler
- Mr. Tom Collins, Vice President of Operations
- Mr. Kyle Falkner, General Manager Hyundai-Mitsubishi
- Ms. Cindy Frost, Controller
- Mr. Scott Horvatits, Manager Elma Chrysler
- Mr. Doug Indovina, Vice President of Operations
- Mr. Steve Piotrowicz, Digital Marketing Director/IT Manager
- Mr. Corey Schachter, General Manager Transitowne Resale
- Mr. James Stewart, Manager Kia
- Auto Dealers - New Cars
- Auto Dealers - Used Cars
- Auto Parts & Supplies - New
- Auto Body Repair & Painting
- Auto Inspection Stations
- Auto Renting & Leasing
- Auto Repair & Service
Alternate Business Names
- Transitowne Dodge Chrysler Jeep of West Seneca
- Transitowne Dodge Chrysler Jeep
- Transitowne Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Williamsville
- Transitowne Hyundai
- Transitowne Kia
- Transitowne Mitsubishi
- Transitowne Used Cars of Clarence
- Transitowne USA Resale of Amherst
Licensing, Bonding or RegistrationThis business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
Methods of Payment
- All major credit cards.
This business offers new and used auto sales, NYS auto inspections, service & repair, parts, collision repair, and vehicle rentals.
BBB Reason for Ratings
Licensing information is provided in the BBB Business Profiles to inform the public about industries that may require professional licensing, bonding, or registration. Better Business Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to substantiate their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving the business's marketplace conduct.
Out of Business
BBB reports on a company that is out of business for three years from the date the company closes its doors or ceases to do business.
Misuse of Better Business Bureau Name/Logo
BBB reports on unauthorized use of the Better Business Bureau's name and/or logo for as long as the business continues to use it in any advertising, or for one year after the business ceases any repeated unauthorized uses.
BBB reports on a business’s bankruptcy as long as the business remains in bankruptcy.
BBB reports when mail sent to the business was returned by the Postal Service.