Tucson, AZ – Better Business Serving Southern Arizona will be honoring local companies that do business the right way at our Torch Awards on April 7th at Casino Del Sol. These companies show a solid commitment to building marketplace trust. Their contribution to our Southern Arizona community is critical as we work together to build positive economic growth.
Any for-profit business headquartered in BBB’s 5 county service area can be nominated for the Torch Awards. This includes Pima, Cochise, Santa Cruz, Graham, and Greenlee counties. This year's submissions tripled over previous years which reiterates that our community's businesses care about creating best practice policies that move the community forward.
Candidates were evaluated by an unbiased panel of judges from the business and academic communities. Eligibility for all categories requires that the company has been in business more than one year, they have earned a "B" rating or better from BBB, and that they have not won a Torch Award in the last three years.The judging criteria for the four award categories are:
Honors a business for its trustworthy and honorable business practices through
Company Management, Organizational Commitment to Ethics, Marketing - Advertising - Communications - Sales, and being a Leader in its industry and community.
Good Neighbor Award
Honors a business that shows a commitment to making Southern Arizona a better place through community service. Both the business and individual employees play a significant role in support of local charities.
Customer Excellence Award
Honors a business that has an outstanding customer service program and a history of exceeding customers' expectations and can show how the organization communicates its customer service policies to its staff. This award is open only to BBB Accredited Businesses in Southern Arizona.
New category that honors a business that has at least one member of its leadership team that is 35 years of age or younger. Critical elements include: Character that demonstrates ethical leadership, culture that creates a positive and productive workplace, and community involvement that promotes enthusiastically giving back.
2017 Finalists are (noted in alphabetical order):
2016 Winners were:
- Ethics: Contact One Call Center
- Ethics: High-End Used Saddles
- Ethics: Plum Windows & Doors
- Ethics: Water-Tec of Tucson
- Good Neighbor: DK Advocates
- Good Neighbor: Hamstra Heating & Cooling
- Good Neighbor: Hughes Federal Credit Union
- Good Neighbor: Tucson Federal Credit Union
- Customer Excellence Award: Agility Spine & Sports Physical Therapy
- Customer Excellence Award: Fish Window Cleaning
- Customer Excellence Award: Sunshine Experts
- Customer Excellence Award: The Motivator Personal Fitness
- Spark: Green Valley Cooling and Heating
- Spark: Hayes Construction
- Spark: Plum Windows & Doors
- Spark: The Savvy Copywriter
We invite the community and media to join us for this annual evening of celebration. Register at go.bbb.org/soaz-TorchAwards.