Shop Sure When Navigating Black Friday Sales
Black Friday has swiftly become the nationwide practice, but how should you approach the mountain of sale information? BBB has some tips for consumers on how to shop surely while you are navigating the sales circuit this Friday! Here are some things to know and ask about while you are out shopping:
- ADVERTISING: Avoid the advertising tricks and gimmicks by asking questions about any advertisement or deal the store may be offering. The new BBB #AdTruth campaign highlights bad ads and helps you learn to identify the most common schemes and cons. Click here for more details: bbb.org/adtruth
- RESEARCH: Reading up and calling in for info on the latest BBB news on products and businesses may help you avoid Holiday mishaps. You should look closely at the sales ads, compare prices, look for early promotions and their limitations and watch out for “Flash Sales”. Every store has specifics, it is always good to double check on what those are as you are shopping. For tips on searching online check out the new BBB Digital IQ project at: bbb.org/digitalIQ.
- FINE PRINT: Forgetting to read the fine print could lead to some shopping disappointments. Always make sure you know the details of the sales and their limitations. Things to look out for are; specific sale times and locations, promotion deadlines, limits on quantities and when the deeply discounted products are selling. Remember to ask questions if you are unsure of the specific deals.
- KNOW THE ADVERTISER: Some of the Best deals are available online, BUT be careful! It is easy for scammers to fake a site to mimic a famous retailer’s website, so make sure you are shopping with a legitimate site. Call or go to bbb.org and check on the website if you are unsure of the website security.
- GIFR RECEIPTS AND WARRANTY: ALWAYS make sure to pass along warrant information with your gift. Gift receipts may be tucked into a gift item so that it can be returned or exchanged. Ask the retailers what their return policies are and if they are specific to the Holiday!
Check out bbb.org/south-plains-texas for many services; filing a Complaint, writing a Customer Review, reporting a scam on ScamTracker and follow us on twitter @BBBSP.
Have a safe and Happy Holiday from your BBB of the South Plains!